It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Nightmare Parents

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
    Mrs Bucket
    (female)

Mrs Bucket HB User
    Nightmare Parents

Hello All,

I'm new on here, I literally don't know where to start so I'll just make this brief for my first post and then add on as I go in next posts if that's Ok with you's.

So I'am depressed about many things but the one hard thing is my parents who are making my life a nightmare, I still live at home and at 41 I shouldn't I know and didn't want it this way but I guess life just hasn't worked out for me. Been very unlucky with jobs and now my health is not the great, I'm also a carer for my Dad so if I did move out that would massively affect him and My Mam as I literally do everything for them from the minute I get up to going to bed so some times it does feel like I'm in a full time job. Even those my Dad's been poorly they are so cruel and horrid to me on a daily basics, I have never known my Mam to be so horrid as she has in the last 2 years even more so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2022, 09:20 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Nightmare Parents

Your situation sounds really hard. No wonder you are depressed!

I think your first steps may be to lighten your load, by reaching out to your local social services to apply for assistance. Your family may qualify for some home help, for example. Have your health issues formally diagnosed by your GP, and add this information to your application. There are people who can advise you in more detail. No one should have to struggle alone like this. You must be your own advocate and improve your situation; nobody else will step up.

Are you receiving treatment for your depression? That is also something you have to pursue.

You feel powerless, but you have the means to help improve things. Sera

Old 05-26-2022, 06:57 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Hi Mrs Bucket

It seems like they are taking advantage of your loyalty, your love, and your kindness. People in poor health can get quite nasty and unappreciative.

Could you have become needing of being a caretaker, even though you are not being treated right or being appreciated?

Have you considered threatening to move out for a week, or more, and telling them that you just need a break and that you are unhappy? They might be mistreating you because they feel that you have no other choice but to stay and suffer from their insults and bad treatment.

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma and MCS
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #4
    Mrs Bucket
    (female)

Mrs Bucket HB User

Thank you Sera and Machaon,

Things have got so much worse today since I posted this yesterday I mean really worse Sera I can't get a GP appointment I have tried for the last couple of weeks I ring at 8am like they tell you too but once they answer my calls appointments have gone.

I was on anti depressants but they give me horrible stomach trouble I was going to a councilor last year but she was awful she didn't feel like a councilor I feel very failed by that, I wish I could get a doctor appointment. I will look into the social services thing.

If I said I move out for a week they would be over the mood but I got no where to go I have no friends the only person I could go to is my sister but she sides with them its always be 3 against one even why she lived with us.

Thank you for Replying both of you.

Reply Reply