It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Drinking and Arguing Everytime!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2003, 06:00 PM   #1
    jenakiss

jenakiss HB User
    Angry Drinking and Arguing Everytime!

Just thought I'd put this out there if anyone has any advice. My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months now and he lives with me. Well, we were both drinkers before we met, in fact we met at a club but, since then everytime we drink together we fight! and it kind of gets violent on my part because he always wants to drive and I have to stop him by slapping him or hitting him, breaking his necklace by pulling it, and poured a beer out on his head. It's crazy but, we both always want to drink together and what fun is that when your in love with someone you can't have a good time together. It's alright until he gets real drunk and starts acting like he doesn't give a ***** but, then it's downhill from there. At least he's never hit me back though. Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on getting through our drunken violence?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
    CeeJay1

CeeJay1 HB User
    Cool Re: Drinking and Arguing Everytime!

Hi Jennakis,

Id be very careful if I were you - because one day he might be so drunk that he does fight back and hurt you - and that would not be good.

If you guys do go out and you both want to drink - why dont you take a cab or a train or bus or something - then there wont be an issue with his wanting to drive - or go with friends and have a designated driver that doesnt drink - you can rotate the designated driver position around so that the same person doesnt not have to drink each time you go out.

I personally dont think you have to drink to have a good time - I have never been drunk - and will never be drunk - the whole concept just does not appeal - and I struggle to understand why it does to other people.

However this is not a lecture - but the other thing I would suggest is cutting back on the amount you do drink when you go out - and then hopefully you wont get into fights.

I wish you all the best

CeeJay

Old 11-24-2003, 08:02 PM   #3
    Want 2 B Well
    Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User
    Re: Drinking and Arguing Everytime!

Oh yea, I remember those days....Sorry the only cure is not to drink. In fact stay sober and then watch him as he drinks. It will be an eye opener. Or tape yourself drunk at home. It will scare the crap out of you.

If you do go out PLAN ahead how you will get home safely. That may cut down some of the arguing.
    Quit smoking June 3 2003
    Will be 39 in Feb.
    Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:45 PM   #4
    burtonbabe

burtonbabe HB User

Yeah I remember those days...ahhh...what fun times we had...

Drinking and driving...wow...what a fun thing to do..Its just soo friggin funny isnt it?

And you wanna know another fun time?

When my dad was almost killed within an inch of his life because of a drunk driver decided "he could drive" and you know what was even funner? Going to see my Dad in the hospital with my 5 year old sisters when I was 8 years old and seeing over 300 stitches in him and trying to talk to him when he was unconscious and looking at his broken arm and black bruises and then trying to explain to my sisters that a drunk driver did this to him..

Ooooh and you wanna know the absolute funnest part? When we all had to sit there and watch my mom cry by his bedside..

What an idiotic post

Quit drinking or maybe grow up and drink responsibly.
    now I see if I wear a mask I can fool the world
    but I cannot fool my heart
    who is that girl I see,starting straight back at me?
    When will my reflection show who Iam inside..

Old 11-25-2003, 05:24 AM   #5
    HoosierBj

HoosierBj HB User

I would be willing to bet that someone in one, or both, of your families is Alcoholic.

You state that "Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on getting through our drunken violence?"

There are several. Alcoholics anonymous is one. If you feel you DON'T have a "real problem", then.... JUST STOP. Should be easy if you don't have a drinking problem, right?
    Discover the world of life without booze and violence.
    A large part of mature love is mutual Respect and from the sounds of it I don't believe the alcohol is doing either of you any good.

Good luck.

Old 11-25-2003, 07:11 AM   #6
    sunnidee
    (female)

sunnidee HB User

Oooohhhh Boy!! I hope I don't meet up with you guys on the road after your drunken escapes. You guys have a problem differentiating between fun and danger. You're heading down the wrong path, kiddo. You continue with this drinking pattern and you'll see how much fun it is to sit in prison cuz you either killed someone while driving drunk or you were caught before that could happen. Let's hope it's the latter. I'd rather you sitting in a jail cell for a DUI offense then an innocent laying in a coffin forever because of your stupidity.

Old 11-25-2003, 07:16 AM   #7
    SophiaM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SophiaM HB User

I agree, you just have to stop drinking. It seems that you and your boyfriend are unable to control yourselves once you start, so the only solution is not to start at all. Drinking can ruin your life, seriously.

Old 11-25-2003, 08:09 AM   #8
    sameroo18

sameroo18 HB User

Drinking irresponsibly is the dumbest thing you could ever do.Especially driving while your drunk,do you not watch the news and see how many people are killed by drunk drivers,inocent people?

I agree with burton...grow up and drink resposibly.

Old 11-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #9
    Ms Harriet
    Inactive
    (female)

Ms Harriet HB User

why dont you stop drinking? obiously its not good for either of you. who cares if its fun? is it really worth it?

as for the drunk driving thing. call the cops. im serious. if this guy is gonna be such an arse and get into a car then he deserves to go to jail. people who drive drunk are idiots. i know i had to go with burtonbabe to that hospital. to see my favorite uncle lying there with millions of stitchs all black and blue because some idiot thought that he "was fine to drive"

its not cool

Old 11-25-2003, 09:15 PM   #10
    giddyup715
    (female)

giddyup715 HB User

Geez....pull the keys...pull some wires from the distributer...make your self car friendly....learn what to do to disable the car....cause someday you aren't going to want to be in his passenger seat. Especially if he's so drunk he'll drive and kill ya both! Or worse yet....u2 do survive and wake up in a hospital with a cop reading you your Miranda rights because you hit someone and killed them. OK?
    Is that too graphic that you don't want to hear it? How about 3 years later down the road, u2 have babies. You are going to a friend's house. You have a 3 month old baby in a car seat. You have a 2 year old in a car seat too. You go to a friend's house for a BBQ. There's keg beer or whatever....he wants to go home...he's drunk...you're drunk..you strap those babies in the car seat and leave. You are loaded or he is...don't matter...say something to **** each other off............those babies have no say about anything!!!! Car wreck! Do they live or do they die? You both survive and you both are in jail...where are your babies? Is it worth it??? No, I think not!!
    If ya both drink, stay at home and drive nowhere! And get some control ASAP!
    Court costs, losing a license, losing a job, paying court fees, driving back and forth to drunk classes and finding someone willing to take time off their day or taking a day off of work to help you2 out.....Hell of a inconvenience I'd say.
    I'd think the worst inconvenience would be this....sitting in jail while the one you love is in a coffin, and you are not allowed "out of jail" to go to his funeral.
    Who knows? Maybe no one would want you there cause "you were the reason he's dead?"
    Believe me, happened to a friend of mine....she loved him so much and was not allowed to go to his funeral. It about killed her too!

Closed Thread