It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

can we still be friends? ...then lovers!!?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2003, 08:49 PM   #1
nixie

nixie HB User
Wink can we still be friends? ...then lovers!!?

I have been writing stuff about a guy that I dated. I got lots of good advice that really helped me through some sad & pathetic moments. thanx all.
Well I have been thinking about him again. We broke up almost 2 months ago and I have not talked to him since. This is the thing. I am still in love with him. I went thru a spell of
blaming him for everything wrong in my life, and thinking I can do better.
Its not that now I don't think I can do better. Its just that I love him. I think about all the tiniest things about him and I feel good again! Its so refreshing after feeling like crap for 2 months.
I feel like I have given myself time to think things through. I have dated a LOT of losers, and I have had some great guys break my heart.
It takes a while to heal- but I am 27 and he has all of those qualities that I have always wished for. He's nice, funny, talented, ugly/cute (bulldog type thing), tender, smart, and we are really on the same wavelength. I never find guys that can keep up with me like him He's everything I've ever wanted in a lover. With the exception that he is 3 years younger than me & not looking for a serious relationship at this time. He is not a tramp or anything, he is trying to establish himself after a very turbulent young adulthood. I love him & miss him.
I am always very stubborn about never calling ex- boyfriends (they get big heads) but I really want to call this guy to see how he is. Just to be friendly.
The problem is that I don't want to be just friends, I love him still and I really don't want to tell him.
I am asking for any suggestions on how I can feel this thing out. I'd like to eventually tell him how I feel- I am scared that I will have to regret swallowing my pride.
thanx,
nix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #2
Magnetic
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: can we still be friends? ...then lovers!!?

Perhaps you can call up someone who can tell you if he is in a serious relationshiop right now. If so, it might be a bad time to call.

Otherwise, go on and pick up the phone and call. In love, there should be no such things as pride and stubborness. If he has moved on, well, at least you will know.

Old 12-05-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
tropicalfish

tropicalfish HB User
Re: can we still be friends? ...then lovers!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
I am always very stubborn about never calling ex- boyfriends (they get big heads) but I really want to call this guy to see how he is. Just to be friendly.
The problem is that I don't want to be just friends, I love him still and I really don't want to tell him.
If you don't want to tell him, then remain stubborn as always about calling ex's back. It's not so much that we get big-headed when you do (and yes, a lot of us do), but being "friendly" may confuse the kid. Having dealt with this from my ex-girlfriend, I'd suggest you not calling him back until you have something substantial to say. If you don't, he might take your friendly gesture as: "man, is she playing with me or what?!"

Closed Thread