It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

Cute idea for my girl. Thoughts?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2003, 10:57 AM   #1
HappyCarnivore
(male)

HappyCarnivore HB User
Cute idea for my girl. Thoughts?

Okay, so I've been with my girlfriend for a little over three months. We met on the second day of college (the 24th of August) and have spent nearly every day together since then. It is like a fairy tale relationship, and it is my first, so I am pretty clueless about dang near everything, but I think she likes that about me. We haven't really had any fights or anything yet, we haven't kissed yet (basically because I've never kissed anyone yet, and I want my first to be with the girl i will marry), and we are both very happy with each other.

Anyways, so I totally can't figure out anything that I could buy her that she would appreciate, so I figured I'd do something special for her. She is going to be going on a short missionary trip to South America on Friday and won't be coming back until the 23rd (so about 10 days). But my idea for a gift that I could give her on Christmas would be like a "Thoughts and Prayers Journal" that I had planned on writing during her trip. Basically I would be writing out ten days of little thoughts about how much I miss her, what I'm praying about for that day, and any poems or notes to her on that day.

Basically, my question is, would this make you feel special and loved if you received it? Or would you rather a guy plunk some cash into the equation and find something to buy you?

Thanks y'all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #2
PurpleLightning
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Re: Cute idea for my girl. Thoughts?

Sounds like you both are on the very innocent side and I think that's great!! I think she'll LOVE your journal idea. She doesn't sound like the type that needs a gift with a lot of monetary value. She appreciate the time, effort, and thoughtfulness of your gift. Good luck!
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With baby #1 - Joshua James

Last edited by PurpleLightning; 12-10-2003 at 11:12 AM.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
DottyG
(female)

DottyG HB User

Oh, I think this is perfect! I'm sure she'll love it. And, it'll mean so much to her, because it'll be something that you put your heart into. It'll show that you wanted to do something really special for her - not just get her a gift just for the sake of getting something. What a sweet, thoughtful idea this is! I love it!

I say "do it!" I know I'd treasure something like that!

Last edited by DottyG; 12-10-2003 at 11:31 AM.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
DottyG
(female)

DottyG HB User

And, can I also add that I'm glad you're not rushing into anything physically with her. You're taking it as you feel to be comfortable for the two of you instead of what society says. I very much admire that and respect both of you for it. Good job! And, I wish you both a lot of happiness together!

Old 12-10-2003, 04:08 PM   #5
ErimusValidus
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Sorry to put a downer on this great idea, but I think you wanna be careful about what you write in the journal. Don't go overboard on how much you missed her and what you thinking about her because that might make her feel a little bit pressurised and it might come across as obsessive. I can see that you're obviously extremely respectful of your girlfriend so I'm sure you won't shock or upset her by anything you write, just don't overwhelm her is all I'm saying. Otherwise, it's a cool present - and that's what it is despite costing nothing

Old 12-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #6
tdty123

tdty123 HB User

from what ive learned, girls, and people in general, like gifts you made yourself than something bought at the store, because it came from their heart. good idea!

Old 12-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #7
Destea
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User

If any boyfriend gave me a gift that thoughtful I'd be extremely happy. Thoughts and gifts from the heart are hard to come by - mainly because of views like jharts. Not that there's anything wrong with it - but chivalry is long dead because of views of "pressure" or what not. Your care for your girlfriend is very innocent and pure, it doesn't sound obsessive but absolutely sweet.

Go for it... I don't know any women personally who wouldn't like a gift like that!

Closed Thread