It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

eyes closed towarded bf.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2003, 05:21 PM   #1
cherylpip

cherylpip HB User
Question eyes closed towarded bf.

my friends say that my eyes are closed when it comes to my bf. i can help anyone else in their realtionship but my own i just can see any problems.

in aug. my boyfriend broke up with me and he didnt give me are real reason he just kept saying that he didn't think we were ment to be. i left fo FL for 2 weeks right after we broke up. when i got back he told me how much he realized he needed me and how much he missed me. so i took him back. in oct he told me the real reason why he broke up with me, he had this best friend and when ever he was with her he felt strong feeling toward her but when he was away from her he never thought about her. he boke up with me to get his feelings straight.
my friends think he only did it so he can have sex with this friend and not have any guilt.
we have been going out for a year now and he gave me a promise ring. my friends say now that i have this ring my eyes will be closed forever. my bf can do no wrong in my eyes. now my friends keep saying that he's going to be able to do what he did to me in aug. behind my back because i will be so oblivous to everything because i have the ring. i really dont beleive that what my friends say is ture. i dont think he broke up with me in aug just to have some fun with out the guilt. but i think about it alot thou.

i would like some opinions on this if anyone can help me. thanks a bunch!

Last edited by cherylpip; 12-21-2003 at 05:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 08:35 AM   #2
Ninispjc
Inactive

Ninispjc HB User
Re: eyes closed towarded bf.

Boy, this is tough. It could be your friends are looking out for you. It could be they're just jealous and want the relationship to fail. It could be a little of both. It's been my experience that trouble really starts in a relationship when you let outside influences interfere. I'd say take what your friends say with a grain of salt. This girl your man supposedly slept with during the break up, is she still around? Does she live nearby? Ask your man if he still sees her or still wants to. If you really love him, if he says no, go with your gut. I think if he's no good for you, you'll see it when you're ready to see it. Some mistakes we have to make for ourselves. If you're not talking marriage or anything, I think for now it's ok to go with your heart.

Old 12-22-2003, 09:39 AM   #3
Himes

Himes HB User

I disagree, I believe that most of the time our friends can see what we are sometimes blind to. They see in the situation and can pinpoint things that we cannot. I would take their words and really think about them. Not saying your BF is a liar, just that you should keep your eyes open, a ring can't fix the problem.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:24 PM   #4
cherylpip

cherylpip HB User

no the girl isn't around anymore she went back to school. and i did ask him about seeing her and he said he rather not see her if it's going to make me upset. i agree a ring cant fix problems

thanks alot!!

Old 12-22-2003, 04:22 PM   #5
Ruth6:11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

I've learned over the years that a woman in love can be blind to the faults of the man she loves.
When those faults are things like eating like a pig, or hogging the remote ignoring faults can save a marriage.
When those faults include infidelity they can kill us. A man who strays can put our very life at risk.
Dating is a good time to figure this out, and not ignore a problem because one is in love.
Promise rings are fine, but it doesn't made for a faithful man or woman.

Love can happen many times to someone in life.
Don't ever settle for less than someone who is the best possible person for you.

Last edited by Ruth6:11; 12-22-2003 at 04:23 PM.

Closed Thread