It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

cheating and in love?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2003, 10:32 PM   #1
mochi*
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
cheating and in love?

Just wondering if you guys think it's posible to be in love with someone and cheat on them? What if you are not in amonogomous realtionship, do you think you can love your partner, but still be permiscuous? I would say no, but I might be wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2003, 08:47 AM   #2
nelzun
(female)

nelzun HB User
Re: cheating and in love?

Maybe if you are unsure that they love you back or the relationship is one sided. You may love the person but something is lacking and that's why you look elsewhere to get what's missing.

Old 12-28-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
super fluke

super fluke HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi*
Just wondering if you guys think it's posible to be in love with someone and cheat on them? What if you are not in amonogomous realtionship, do you think you can love your partner, but still be permiscuous? I would say no, but I might be wrong.
i believe it's very possible, and in fact i've been in those shoes.. however, i don't think it's as likely possible if it's an on-going thing.. repeatedly hooking up with someone other than the lover in question is just plain wrong, in my humble opinion..
i cheated once in my life, and it was the worst mistake i ever made.. i'm still getting over it and it's almost a year later (will be a year in January).. it's something you could end up regretting..

you really need to find the answer within yourself, as to wether or not you love this person..

but again, answering your question, yes it is possible.

Old 12-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
JavaKitti

JavaKitti HB User

No I don't think if you truly love someone you would cheat on them. My ex-husband cheated on me during our ENTIRE marriage. I've been told I am beautiful, I work-out, am intelligent, and get along with just about everyone I meet....Needless to say he screwed up my self-confidence for along time. Trust was a hard thing for me also.......I just can't imagine doing that to someone I really loved!!! My ex actually ended up having a child with his "mistress", and I didn't even know about this until I was pregnant with our son. Cheating causes alot of pain and humiliation, it has nothing to do with love.

Old 12-30-2003, 05:31 PM   #5
Magnetic
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Yes, it can happen, IMHO. We say that it shouldn't, but tens of thousands of people cheat every year and most of them still love their spouses - they just want some extra excitement or whatever in their lives that they aren't getting with their spouse. Not saying this is a good thing or an acceptable thing, but it happens.

Old 01-05-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
GinaAnn
Inactive

GinaAnn HB User

I agree.......I think we get so use to each other we take each other for granted. We sometimes feel empty and we want to feel alive-its the way it is.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:02 AM   #7
JessieD
Inactive

JessieD HB User

I think loving someone and being "in love" can occur simultaneously, but are two different things.

Yes, someone can be in love and cheat, if he or she feels that the other isn't as in love as he or she is and is hurting because of it.

Yes, you can love someone and cheat, if you crave extra spice and have reason to resent your partner deep down.

If you truly respect your partner, however, you will not cheat.

Old 01-06-2004, 09:28 AM   #8
GertieMae
Inactive

GertieMae HB User

This doesnt make sense to me anway..Regardless what type Relationship,how can you be in love and cheat?

If you love this person even though you want to cheat,why not have a talk with the person and find out where the Relationship is going.

You CAN make it Mongamous!

Dont mean to sound like a witch,but dont you know that Non-Mongamous Relationships is how Diseases gets started?

Closed Thread