It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

is it me?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2003, 08:13 AM   #1
IsabellaC22
(female)

IsabellaC22 HB User
is it me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 3 months, and things are going good expect he flirts with every girl in sight and checks out every girl in sight. I know that guys are going to check out other girls but he makes comments about them. The other day we were all hanging out with his friends when these girls came over to see his friends and he was (what I would call) flirting with this girl and then when the girl leaves his friend talks about how him and that girl that my boyfriend was flirting with messed around and my boyfriend started getting mad at his friend saying don't talk about it, your making me jealous!! I was so mad and he knew it. He told me that I was over reacting and that I needed to trust him. He makes me feel like I'm being some over jealous girlfriend but I just don't think he should do this! I'm human and I feel human emotions such as jealousy. What do you think? Am I in the wrong? I feel like I would trust him a whole lot more if he didn't do this, in my head I'm thinking it he flirts with them while I'm there...what does he do when I'm not there?! Any advice would be great! thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 08:38 AM   #2
JessieD
Inactive

JessieD HB User
Re: is it me?

Totally his fault. That is immature behavior. That's why I have always gone for older guys who've gotten past that kind of selfish childishness. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:04 AM   #3
JAYB
Veteran
(male)

JAYB HB User

It's not you at all. He's rude and immature. It's okay to look discreetly, but he shouldn't be making those comments with his friends when you're there. I don't think he'd like it too much if you looked at guys and flirted with them. He needs some growing up to do and show you some respect.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #4
IsabellaC22
(female)

IsabellaC22 HB User

I know! I tried to say things about other guys in front on him and sometimes he'll get mad and I'll tell him that he does that and he'l say well its DIFFERENT.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:28 AM   #5
JAYB
Veteran
(male)

JAYB HB User

It's not different. Make a New Year's agreement with him--neither one of you do it anymore.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
Want 2 B Well
Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User

No it isn't you. He sounds as though he isn't ready for a full time committment. It is like he is keeping his options open.
Any guy that is that hurtful to you in your face is not worth the torture.
Quit smoking June 3 2003
Will be 39 in Feb.
Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #7
IsabellaC22
(female)

IsabellaC22 HB User

What can I say or do that will make him see my point of view? He thinks I'm just being jealous and I'm not! I also feel like you said that I am being disrespected. He likes to go to all the parties and I feel as though I am on a totally different page...I know we only been together a couple of months but I still don't have the verge to go partying and clubbing. Common sense tells you why people go to parties and clubs.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #8
JAYB
Veteran
(male)

JAYB HB User

Sounds like you're not totally compatible.
Btw, I didn't mean to imply that flirting is wrong. I do it myself. I only think it's wrong if it gets too graphic, and if you do it in front of your partner. JMO!!

Last edited by JAYB; 12-30-2003 at 10:16 AM.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:18 AM   #9
IsabellaC22
(female)

IsabellaC22 HB User

yeah I understand. I mean I flirt too! but he goes above and beyond the boundaries.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:29 AM   #10
sawbuck44
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

Doesn't sound like you should invest too much time into being this aggravated. Whatever it is that is aggravating...in this case, a boyfriend. Sometimes it's better to be alone for a while to get back on track after someone's been messing with your head. And, yeah, he is messing with you. I hate that some guys think that they are such a catch that us women will take any bs they dish out. Good luck and be true to yourself.

Closed Thread