It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

Im angry

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2003, 02:20 AM   #1
GertieMae
Inactive

GertieMae HB User
Angry Im angry

As if I dont already have enough crap going on with ppl treating me like chit.Yesterday I called the small market in my town because I needed a few items delivered.The man that owns the store answered the phone.

I hadnt paid attention of the time,but he informed me that they were getting ready to close and told me the usual times for delivery.I apologized and told him I would write them down for future use,that I didnt know what times they delivered.

He said to me,"Gertie hurry we're busy here,what do you need?."He was hateful and rude.I admit he has been good in the past to hold checks til paydays,however he never let me charge things on credit until lately.

I try not to buy many things there as this is a small place and the prices are thru the roof.My family has done buisness with him(his Father and Family)for YEARS.Its not like Im an unknown person that will refuse to pay him.

What gets me is his rudeness towards me.I have thought about writing him a note including it in the check I send him when I submit pymt and telling him I dont appreciate his attitude of how he has treated me and that I have no intentions of ever buying from him again.

There is absolutely no sense in anyone being so hateful as this man has been to me.He has known me my whole life.He hated an Uncle of mine that is now dead.

He was involved in a shady deal about 15 years ago that cost my Uncle thousands of dollars.He also hates another Uncle of mine for reasons unkown.Still that doesnt give him any right to be hateful and nasty to me.

Anyone have suggestions at what I should mention to him when I write him the note?I want to bring my point across to him how I feel about him,that I will NOT allow him to treat me that way.

Its his personal attitude problem that cost him to lose a vaulable customer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 04:44 AM   #2
TomsWife
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Re: Im angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertieMae
As if I dont already have enough crap going on with ppl treating me like chit.Yesterday I called the small market in my town because I needed a few items delivered.The man that owns the store answered the phone.

I hadnt paid attention of the time,but he informed me that they were getting ready to close and told me the usual times for delivery.I apologized and told him I would write them down for future use,that I didnt know what times they delivered.

He said to me,"Gertie hurry we're busy here,what do you need?."He was hateful and rude.I admit he has been good in the past to hold checks til paydays,however he never let me charge things on credit until lately.

I try not to buy many things there as this is a small place and the prices are thru the roof.My family has done buisness with him(his Father and Family)for YEARS.Its not like Im an unknown person that will refuse to pay him.

What gets me is his rudeness towards me.I have thought about writing him a note including it in the check I send him when I submit pymt and telling him I dont appreciate his attitude of how he has treated me and that I have no intentions of ever buying from him again.

There is absolutely no sense in anyone being so hateful as this man has been to me.He has known me my whole life.He hated an Uncle of mine that is now dead.

He was involved in a shady deal about 15 years ago that cost my Uncle thousands of dollars.He also hates another Uncle of mine for reasons unkown.Still that doesnt give him any right to be hateful and nasty to me.

Anyone have suggestions at what I should mention to him when I write him the note?I want to bring my point across to him how I feel about him,that I will NOT allow him to treat me that way.

Its his personal attitude problem that cost him to lose a vaulable customer.
I've read some of your posts over the last couple of days and see that you are having difficulties with almost everyone that you come in contact with. I've also read that you are stressed and depressed. Maybe you would benifit if you talked to a professional about some of your issuse.

Old 12-31-2003, 08:25 AM   #3
nelzun
(female)

nelzun HB User

From your post the comment that the grocer said might have been made in haste. Granted he shouldn't treat you with disrespect, but it's hard for us readers to hear his tone with you to determine how rude he actually was.

Is is possible that you are so fed up with everyone in your life that you are going to lay in all out on this man? Noone should treat you poorly but I think you should start with the people closest to you that are causing you the most pain.

I don't know that I would write the grocer about his lack of respect if you hardly frequent his store. Simply stop ordering there. Or next time you do order, tell him that although he's known you for years, that's no way to treat a customer.

I'm just concerned that maybe you've reached your stress limit and you are ready to lash out. Make sure the right people are addressed. Start with the big problems first then work your way down. Maybe one you resolve the other issues the ones on the bottom may seem trivial.

I agree that counseling might help. However, it takes so long and so much commitment before you start getting results.

I have been reevaluting my friendships lately as well. Honestly, I doubt my friends in question will be shocked that I walk away. I believe that they full well know what they are doing and are trying to take as much as they can before I leave. I don't think they expected me to put up with them this long.

Walk away from the ones that need no explaination, the ones that don't beat down your door to pester you. You are going to have enough trouble dealing with the people that seek you out to take from you. I say just stop being a customer. The grocer with realize you aren't placing orders anymore. He may wonder what happened, if he offended you, or he may not care. Either way he can't treat you this way if you don't order from him.

Just my opinion.

Old 12-31-2003, 09:18 AM   #4
GertieMae
Inactive

GertieMae HB User

Hi,

Thanks I appreciate your advice,however I would rather learn how to be effectively assertive on my own.Therapy is always an open option.

I wholeheartedly believe we can take a better approach at dealing with the ppl or any problem we are faced with.

Iam stressed...Depressed no way(except for cutting my hair off..normal saddness). I do have PD(Panic Disorder).

Old 12-31-2003, 09:35 AM   #5
stolie
Veteran
(male)

stolie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertieMae

I don't know, from what you wrote here it almost sounds like he was offering to make the delivery for you as long as you made it brief. If he gave you the times and you were thanking him and telling him you were writing them down, perhaps he had a sudden change of heart. As another poster said, it's hard to know what he meant because we can't hear his tone. But purely from what you wrote, I would interpret what he said as offering to give you what you asked for.

Old 12-31-2003, 10:22 AM   #6
nelzun
(female)

nelzun HB User

Sorry GertieMae, I didn't want to make your problem sound trivial. Only you know what this man has put you through and how he's treated you. It's hard sometimes to see the whole picture in a few paragraphs of post.

If he is someone that you feel you need to stand up to, I say do it with tact. If you write a letter keep it short and to the point. That way he knows his actions are a problem and what the consequnce is, i.e. you will not be his customer.

Thats just my opinion though. Like I said, only you know how this man has treated you and what level of confrontation is necessary or deserved.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:02 PM   #7
GertieMae
Inactive

GertieMae HB User

I was making it brief.I can write and talk at the same time.Even if he had a sudden change of heart it still gives him no right to be mean and nasty.

Like Ive mentioned in other postings,this isnt the first time he has been this way to me.Iam happy and thankful he has let me have things delivered but I have the right to be treated decently.

We all have bad days...none of us are going to be happy,jolly or nice at all times,but we should take a 10 sec time out and rethink what we want to say or how we act.For all we know the other person might be having a bad day too.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:11 AM   #8
GertieMae
Inactive

GertieMae HB User

Ive came to the conclusion that this Man has been nasty with me out of greed.To bad for him coz he is going to lose money he has lost me as a customer.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #9
magee

magee HB User

The nerve of that man! You let the guy hold your checks till payday, you let him extend credit to you, you try to give him your business when the store is closing, I'll bet you tip the delivery guys pretty well too! I don't blame you, I would never shop in that store again. Show that man where his hatefulness will get him. Let another store hold your checks, extend credit, and deliver for you.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:35 AM   #10
TomsWife
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magee
The nerve of that man! You let the guy hold your checks till payday, you let him extend credit to you, you try to give him your business when the store is closing, I'll bet you tip the delivery guys pretty well too! I don't blame you, I would never shop in that store again. Show that man where his hatefulness will get him. Let another store hold your checks, extend credit, and deliver for you.
Ha ha ha ! I was thinking the same thing !!!

Closed Thread