It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

Traveling to Disney Orlando

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2003, 08:16 AM   #1
sawbuck44
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Traveling to Disney Orlando

In a couple months I will be traveling to Disney with my sons, my sister and her daughter. We have a sister that lives in Florida who will be spending one day with us and an evening. The next day we planned on going to Old Town which is like a touristy type place where there are a lot of shops. I want to 'opt' out of going to Old Town and take my sons (teenagers) to another theme park that day. My sister who is traveling with me is staying longer than me and is going from old town to my sister's house which is over an hour away. That is my last full day in Florida and I wanted to get the most out of going since this will probably be the first and last time we go. Do you think I'll ruffle feathers with the sisters if I tell them I don't want to spend that day with them?

And, if any of you have advice on which theme parks to visit - I'd be glad to hear about them! We are going to Magic Kingdom definitely. We are still deciding on Disney MGM or Universal Studios for the next day. Actually, I've heard great things about Universal Island of Adventure. Especially if you like roller coasters which my sons do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
PAISLEY
Veteran

PAISLEY HB User
Re: Traveling to Disney Orlando

Hi

Your title caught my eye because I took my daughter and 3 other toddlers to Disney World back in July. We were there for 5 days. We visited Sea World, Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney. We also went to Daytona to the beach. That was enough for us!!

I was told that all of the water parks, MGM, Universal and Epcot are for older kids so those are probably good options for you and your sons. I don't know much about Islands of Adventure but it sounds fun.

You know your sisters better than us, so if you think it will ruffle some feathers, maybe it will...BUT, if you know that this is going to be your last trip there, you can simply express that to your sisters and say that you really want to make this a fun trip for the kids. Just my opinion.

Hope this helps~

Old 12-31-2003, 12:01 PM   #3
sawbuck44
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

Thanks Paisley, actually I just talked to the sister that I'm traveling with and she agreed that we should do another theme park on my last day. So now we just have to decide which ones! Magic Kingdom is settled. Now we heard a lot about MGM and Universal Island of Adventure. That would be great but now the Blizzard Beach has been thrown into the picture. My sons love water parks too but I'm not sure what the weather will be like in March. I've heard about 78 degrees.

Has anyone heard of or done the Hawiaan Luoa (sp?)?

Last edited by sawbuck44; 12-31-2003 at 12:02 PM.

Old 12-31-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
TomsWife
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbuck44
Thanks Paisley, actually I just talked to the sister that I'm traveling with and she agreed that we should do another theme park on my last day. So now we just have to decide which ones! Magic Kingdom is settled. Now we heard a lot about MGM and Universal Island of Adventure. That would be great but now the Blizzard Beach has been thrown into the picture. My sons love water parks too but I'm not sure what the weather will be like in March. I've heard about 78 degrees.

Has anyone heard of or done the Hawiaan Luoa (sp?)?
Glad you are going to another theme park. Just for your information, I have been to Olde Town several times. You could still go in the evenings if you want. It takes about an hour to stroll down the "streets" or longer if you really want to brouse all the stores. On Friday nights the town is reall hopping because they have an old car show. Not far from there (less than a mile) there is an all you can eat seafood buffet with shrimp, Maine lobtsers (never saw so many lobsters at one time in my life) crab legs, soup etc etc etc. YUMMY !! All for $19.99 per person!
What ever you do, have fun!
P.S. I'm live about an hour and ahlaf from there. Might just have to make a day trip out of it soon !!
P.P.S What about trying one of the Mid Evil dinner theaters? There are 2 or 3 in Kissimmee/Orlando

Last edited by Tomsgirl; 12-31-2003 at 01:11 PM.

Old 12-31-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
Magnetic
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I recommend Islands of Adventure. It is wonderful for teens and preteens. Several of the rides are first rate. If you can afford to, pay extra to get the pass that bumps you up to the front of the line, unless the park is not busy.

Old 12-31-2003, 04:33 PM   #6
Want 2 B Well
Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User

I recommend IOA & Universal Studios. Both are fun and they are right next too each other. Like a 5 min walk.In addition CityWalk is right there.

I have been to Blizzard Beach and it is fun.

At MGM it has my favorite ride in all of Disney. The Rockin' Rollercoaster...very fun!

I would stick to a plan and have a great time! There is so much to do & you can't see it all.
Quit smoking June 3 2003
Will be 39 in Feb.
Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
miper
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User

I agree with the above posters....Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios are great. I live in Florida (about an hour and a half away), have been several times to both and still enjoy going.

Closed Thread