It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

how would you handle this situation (parents and in-laws)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
dentalnitemare

dentalnitemare HB User
Exclamation how would you handle this situation (parents and in-laws)

Okay here's my situation,my MIL is a jealous person when it comes to the relationship between my mom and her son and grandson.She doesn't include our son when it comes to doing for her grandchildren she has 3 others 2 of them live out of state.She has called my mother in the middle of the night crying because my husband and my mother get along so well.She is silent if my mother's name is brought up in conversations,if we've been talking for hours if I mention my mother the room gets quite and I can tell she's mad.My mother and her have never had words nothing has ever happened between them,just her jealously.We never miss a mother's day birthday or hoilday at her house.We invite her over if we have any family gatherings also.She came to my son's birthday party this week and brought her 8 yr. old grandson which is quit a handful he tried his best to destroy everything my son got for his birthday.I could tell she sensed my angry which I tried soooo hard not to show.She was here a total of at least 2 hours she never spoke to my mom the entire time.We are a very loving family we never leave without a hug and saying I love you.My mom told my son happy birthday and she loved him,you could feel the tension in the air,she also told my husband and the rest of us bye and she loved us.I don't know how to handle this.It's not right,she's in and out of my son's life and I don't like that either.My husband just says to overlook her it don't do any good to try to talk to her,she gets mad and there's no way to reason with her,but when you think about it what's there to reason about? Nobody has done anything wrong,how would any of you handle this situation when the time comes again? Thanks for any input,I do like my MIL and she is a good person but her jealously is just uncalled for.I do think it's unfair for her to make a difference in her grandchildren also,my son is 4 and before long he's going to notice the difference too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 06:36 AM   #2
Want 2 B Well
Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User
Re: how would you handle this situation (parents and in-laws)

What exactly doesn't she include your son in?

I would base my decision on that and ignore the thing with your mom. Your mom has to deal with that situation.

The woman is obviously unstable to behave like that. You can't change mental issues. Once you realize that you can start to not take what she does personally. Its hard to do. But rather than cause yourself torture see her for what she is and also see the pain she has. She will never have what your mom & DH has and that does sting a little even for normal people. For someone like her she just can't handle it.
Quit smoking June 3 2003
Will be 39 in Feb.
Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Want 2 B Well; 01-02-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Closed Thread