It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Ever Dated Someone Who Was Married!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2004, 03:49 AM   #1
    cee27
    Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User
    Ever Dated Someone Who Was Married!

just wondering...i read an article in Essence or Ebony called the other woman.

anybody out there wanna share their story!?

Last edited by cee27; 01-29-2004 at 04:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 05:43 AM   #2
    Ruth6:11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
    Re: Ever Dated Someone Who Was Married!

You first Cee27!!

Old 01-14-2004, 05:47 AM   #3
    cee27
    Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

i have..he was separated...she knew about us..so, i don't consider it being "the other woman"

now you

Old 01-14-2004, 01:44 PM   #4
    PAISLEY
    Veteran

PAISLEY HB User

Exactly what did the article say about "the other woman"?? And what happend with you and him?

Old 01-15-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
    cee27
    Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

i guess..i'm the only talking about it..and he is now divorced and has been for awhile

Old 01-15-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
    SweetPea75

SweetPea75 HB User

I have, but not knowingly...we dated for about 7 months before I found out he was married. I found out through someone I knew who also knew his wife. I debated back and forth wether or not to tell her and in the end I did. They are still together trying to work things out.

Old 01-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #7
    TeTr01
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TeTr01 HB User

Nope, only been with 2 guys & neither were married!

Old 01-17-2004, 03:12 PM   #8
    underground666

underground666 HB User

I don't see why someone would want to date a married person... To me, it's very messed up. The reason you marry is to commit yourself to that ONE person. Plus, if a married man dates, that shows his lack of respect for his wife, and most likely other women.

Anyway, I suppose a woman desires to be "the other woman" is because it makes her feel good. The man is coming to her for sex, to hang out, to look at, etc. Whatever it may be, it makes her feel extra sexy, because here's a husband who has someone at home who he can have sex with and spend time with, but he's choosing "the other woman" over his wife. "The other woman" is a mistress. What do you think of a woman who's a mistress? She's an exciting fling, a total sex goddess!! A homewrecker, sure, but she's not driving the kids to soccer practice or b*tching about the electricity bill.

That's why some chicks wanna be that other woman.

-dee

Old 01-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #9
    TeTr01
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TeTr01 HB User

I agree, Dee... but I don't think it always ends up that way. I don't think every woman who is dating a married man sees it as wanting to be the other woman to make themselves feel better - there are times when a woman becomes involved with a man not knowing that he is married in the beginning. I think that when said woman finds out about the marraige, she should break away from the man b/c she should realize that everything that has happened is wrong. Not only that, but if a married man is going to sit there & tell you as a woman that he is going to get a divorce to be with you - that should make you realize that it won't work out b/c not only is he a dishonest man, but he is a cheater as well! What makes anyone think that if someone could cheat on 1 person, esp their partner in marraige, that said person would be faithful to them? It doesn't make sense!!

Old 01-20-2004, 03:28 AM   #10
    daylight568
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daylight568 HB User

I say if hes seperated go for it! I recently met the guy of my dreams online and he was married but seperated.I'm snagging him up before anyone else gets a chance,lol.I started a relationship with him in one day,traveled all the way across state to spend a week with him to see if it could work,and now I'm planning on moving in with him soon.Only problem is this.If the wife finds out she can sue him for adultry and collect alimony.So were keeping us a secret till the divorce.I am so freakin happy.I've waited all my life for a guy like him and I can't believe he's actually going to be ALL MINE ! YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #11
    Emma2

Emma2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsheldon3
    Only problem is this.If the wife finds out she can sue him for adultry and collect alimony.So were keeping us a secret till the divorce.I am so freakin happy.I've waited all my life for a guy like him and I can't believe he's actually going to be ALL MINE ! YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if someone commits adultery...divorce is no-fault these days, and doesn't effect alimony.

Either way, congrats to you

Old 01-20-2004, 11:21 AM   #12
    Mara

Is this what it comes down to? I guess the sacrament of marriage means little to nothing to some. What is it really about? Anybody knowingly messing around with a married person needs to do some serious soul searching while the cheater needs to get real and stop cheating. It's a low life activity all the way around. It revolves around deception and lies. Do these people (men or women) think about "the other" when they are stabbing them in the back? What are people learning out there? It certainly is not to deny thyself. It's repulsive and an assault to family values.

Last edited by Gemi; 01-20-2004 at 11:24 AM.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:44 AM   #13
    Emma2

Emma2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gemi
    Is this what it comes down to? I guess the sacrament of marriage means little to nothing to some. What is it really about? Anybody knowingly messing around with a married person needs to do some serious soul searching while the cheater needs to get real and stop cheating. It's a low life activity all the way around. It revolves around deception and lies. Do these people (men or women) think about "the other" when they are stabbing them in the back? What are people learning out there? It certainly is not to deny thyself. It's repulsive and an assault to family values.
    You make a good point, however, the above poster's BF is seperated from his wife...he's single in my eyes.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:15 PM   #14
    Mara

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emma2
    You make a good point, however, the above poster's BF is seperated from his wife...he's single in my eyes.
    Separation is not divorce & being separated does not mean the person is legally separated or single and free to remarry. If they chose they could still get back together. That is one purpose of separation. A person can not be remarried while separated because that person is still married under the law. That person is not free & still has legal obligation to the other woman. I would classify that person as living alone, not single. Until there is a divorce decree signed by a judge, he is still legally married. Especially when it comes to tax time. That said, separation is supposed to be a time to clear ones head and grow not latch on to someone new and rebound. They don't last and if they do are starting off on a bad foot. What growth will he have had? Why get in between a couple who are married yet separated? Maybe they would be able to work things out or maybe it's over, but it would be hard to know without the opportunity. Either way, severed relationships need healing & down time. Just more to muddle the mud.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #15
    Mara

[QUOTE=Emma2]I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if someone commits adultery...
    QUOTE]

It does matter. It is against the law and is in violation of the penal code. An adulterer could be arrested and charged.

Last edited by Gemi; 01-20-2004 at 12:23 PM. Reason: As well as one of the commandments.

Closed Thread