It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Nowadays if you want a girlfriend, u have to steal em?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
    PiercedLip81

PiercedLip81 HB User
    Nowadays if you want a girlfriend, u have to steal em?

I've noticed lately, that if your a single male, and want a girlfriend that you have to steal them from their current man. If a girls worth having, they never seem to be single, prob cause men are always flocking to them I'd guess...Just kinda sucks, every girl I meet is with somebody, engaged or has a kid already. And im only 22! Anybody else notice this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
    cloverberry

cloverberry HB User
    Re: Nowadays if you want a girlfriend, u have to steal em?

I hope you're looking at all girls not just the beautiful ones. Talk to someone you think is too fat or ugly. Believe me their looks will change as you get to know them. Some will get slimmer or prettier or some will get fatter or uglier. Looks are the only thing you should judge a person by.

Old 03-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #3
    PiercedLip81

PiercedLip81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloverberry
    Looks are the only thing you should judge a person by.
    i think u meant, are not the only thing. hhehe

Well I'm about 5'9 155lbs. I have and never will be attracted to overweight girls. A few extra lbs, can be sexy. I've met a few girls who I thought were SO hot, but once I met them, I was like their so stupid and didnt look at them as hot in the same way. It was kinda weird...I don't have any problem with an average looking girl. I'm sick of the typical blonde girls most guys like...which are the ones who usually turn out all snobby. I met a girl at school, who seems cool. But I hear she is dirty lol. My luck :-P The time will come I suppose

Old 03-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

First of all...Your only "22" and your thinking only the "good" girls are taken and you have to Steal Them away from another man? What makes you think you can steal them away and what makes you think the Girl wants to be stolen away from her current boyfriend?

Second....how many 22 year old girls do you know who have a KID? I'm sure there are some out there but from your post you are making it sound like all the population of 20 something has a kid or is taken?

Where are you looking? Are you looking to hard for a girlfriend? Are you in college? What do YOU like to do for fun? I have many neices and friends who have daughters in their early twenties, some have boyfriends and some don't and some Don't want to have a boyfriend..

You don't have to steal a girl..There are plenty out there but you must not be where they...Summer is coming, take a ride to the beach and you'll see all the babes there, if your where there is snow...get out and learn how to snowboard if you don't already...If you like motorcyles...Get one and watch the chicks flock to you...Find something that interests you, get a hobby your interested in and when you least expect it you will find a girl of your own that you DON"T need to steal from another guy...........

Old 03-14-2004, 12:18 PM   #5
    promisez
    Inactive

promisez HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PiercedLip81
    i think u meant, are not the only thing. hhehe

Well I'm about 5'9 155lbs. I have and never will be attracted to overweight girls. A few extra lbs, can be sexy. I've met a few girls who I thought were SO hot, but once I met them, I was like their so stupid and didnt look at them as hot in the same way. It was kinda weird...I don't have any problem with an average looking girl. I'm sick of the typical blonde girls most guys like...which are the ones who usually turn out all snobby. I met a girl at school, who seems cool. But I hear she is dirty lol. My luck :-P The time will come I suppose
    My suggestion would be to take off that long black robe you wear to judge other people based on your "acceptable" level of standards. Maybe all those other ladies hear you are dirty, snobby, thinks he's hot but he's not and below average in their minds? I refuse to look for love. Love to me is an emotion that is finalized after the initial phase of attraction, not promotion. The lady will either like me for who I am or she won't. Judge a lady by her physical appearances and you'll be single a LONG time. The right lady will probably show up for you when you stop looking and least expect it.

Old 03-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #6
    always

always HB User

well, obviously, since i'm younger than you, i don't have much experience per say... but i figure i'll throw in my .02 ...

stop trying so hard... when you go out and "look" for a girlfriend, odds are you'll attract someone who's not really "right" for you, they'll be attracted more to the facade you've unknowinly put on in your hasty search... or... you'll be attracted to someone who you'll have no chemestry with because you simply want a girlfriend... i think, Girlharley did well in pointing out that maybe you should do some activites you are interested in... and see who comes out from that...and as promisez says... don't look for love... it'll come to you when you least expect it and probably in a really random way... just stop trying so hard... i mean, sure, trying is fine... but there's a point where you try to hard...

Old 03-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #7
    PiercedLip81

PiercedLip81 HB User

Yea, i get what u guys mean. I was just saying stealing as far as thats how most guys here seem to get girls...they get into a new guy, dump their current man, to go with a new one. And im 22, but around here, there are TONS of girls knocked up by 22 easily. Most had the kids when they were 15-18...I know that when u look for a relationship it doesnt really happen...Its not that im trying to hard, its just that I'm out, and I see girls I'd like to get to know all the time...Some dig me, some dont...Got my eye on a few now, but who knows. I just wish it'd hurry up and hit me. I've had a few recent girls and they both happened out of nowhere...and it was the chicks approaching me, but neither worked out

Old 03-15-2004, 06:41 AM   #8
    joeyrose

joeyrose HB User

We all live in different places, and in varying socio-economic cllimates. There are certainly microcosms of society where many of the girls get pregnant very young. They just haven't had the right role models and they don't know anything else.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:26 AM   #9
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

First of all, there is no way to judge by "looks" in a forum such as this. {Content deleted}

Let me first point out that TONS of girls do NOT get "knocked up" by themselves And that is a hell of a thing to judge someone on. You don't necessarily know the circumstances of these young ladies, and it is certainly not your place to pass judgement on them. So you don't want to date a girl w/a kid? But I bet you like to sleep with the girls you date, though, right?? If you have personal criteria (as we ALL do) for the "right girl" and you do not want to date someone who already has a child, then so be it. But that does not make you better than the 22 year old whose circumstances led to her having another human being to take care of at a VERY early age.

Second of all, as far as having to "steal" a girlfriend. Just be aware, as a very intuitive poster pointed out on another thread that what can be done WITH you can be done TO you. You want to "steal" another man's girl?!?! She has to go willingly, doesn't she? Yeah? Well, don't think if she jumps out of his bed and into yours that there won't be someone to come along sooner or later that will "steal" her away from you.

Last edited by hbguide1; 03-15-2004 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Please read, know and follow Board Guidelines. Negative communications are not permitted!

Old 03-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #10
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Alot of girls in today world get knock up at an early age. Some ealry as 14. Sex is over expose and its not getting any better and its encouraging these girls to go out and try grown up things.

There are a lot of girls that are taken but there is a lot of them that are not. What you'll have to do is go out and try to find one. For Ex. online dating, clubs, group gathers, stores, malls, ect.

Just go up to a girl and start talking to them. See what their character is rather looks. That is a great start to a happy & successful realtionship.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:31 AM   #11
    promisez
    Inactive

promisez HB User

It's nice to know you are looking for a single girl with no kids and you wont have sex with her until you are married. I mean, if you did and you had a kid you wouldn't want her right? And that wouldn't be fair to the next 22 year old kid that thinks this way. You did say that two "chicks" approached you but neither worked out. Did they find out you had a child and your status changed to unwanted and no longer desirable by those ladies?

Old 03-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #12
    newlywedgurl
    Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by promisez
    It's nice to know you are looking for a single girl with no kids and you wont have sex with her until you are married. I mean, if you did and you had a kid you wouldn't want her right? And that wouldn't be fair to the next 22 year old kid that thinks this way. You did say that two "chicks" approached you but neither worked out. Did they find out you had a child and your status changed to unwanted and no longer desirable by those ladies?
    promisez--you crack me up! I'm glad I was not the only one whose button was pushed by that post!

Old 03-15-2004, 03:15 PM   #13
    PiercedLip81

PiercedLip81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newlywedgurl
    promisez--you crack me up! I'm glad I was not the only one whose button was pushed by that post!
    Well the one girl I dated did have a kid...he was like 4 years old. She never let me meet him though, because she didnt want him to get attached to anybody. I had no problem she had a kid...I dont have a problem dating one with them, its just kinda discouraging that in our area, girls pop out babies like candy. And some don't learn after 1. Oh well...Didnt mean to offend anybody...Just not exactly what I'm looking for. And I dont mean to steal the girlfriends, its just how it seems to work around here. All girls have a boyfriend and if they are interested in you, they end up breaking up w/ their current then date you. Its weird here in Akron Ohio haha

Old 03-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #14
    promisez
    Inactive

promisez HB User

Didn't offend me at all. Have you tried the singles dances at Kent State? That may be another option for you.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:14 AM   #15
    playbunny1921

playbunny1921 HB User

Don't think like that. You will only be lowering yourself to find a woman, that probably is not the right one anyway because she is already taken. If you were to "steal" a girl it would only come back on you later and then you'll be even more unhappy then. I suggest try looking in places that you normally wouldn't.

Closed Thread