HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Relationship Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/relationship-health/)
-   -   Why am I so jealous? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/relationship-health/185409-why-am-i-so-jealous.html)

Ducky1 06-25-2004 01:26 PM

Re: Why am I so jealous?

Hey, you guys are all right. I like the straight talk.

And you're right about the type of place, I did not even think about that. It was a very well known country bar that although I have never been there, does seem to have a good reputation.

It was just a dance and maybe I should grow up a little.

One more thing, I very much apologize if this issue seems trivial compared to what some of you are dealing with. I do not mean to be insensitive to those who have deeper issues.

It's just that we have a life together with kids and I'm a little over protective. The other issue is not having anyone to really share my feelings with. If I had a chance to talk this out earlier it probably would not have been such a deal.

CoreyP 06-25-2004 01:27 PM

Sure, you can dance with whomever you like. The thing is, I want to a club last week, and 4 woman that a friend of mine knows were there. Well they were on a girls night from there boyfriends. We hung out with them and they dragged me out on the dance floor, I couldn't believe how they were dancing with me, I would have been so mad. They danced with me worse then a girlfriend has ever danced with me. I think I have been tramautized. I mean I enjoyed it, but I was thinking that these woman all have serious boyfriends. I had mixed emotions, I can only suspect that a bachellorette party would be worse. I don't care if my girl danced with everyone, but not dirty dancing.

elatedgiraffe 06-25-2004 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=Ducky1]One more thing, I very much apologize if this issue seems trivial compared to what some of you are dealing with. I do not mean to be insensitive to those who have deeper issues.[/QUOTE]

Don't apologize!!! :) You have every right and are completely welcome to post anything on here you want. What we were trying to bring to your attention was that you have it made! Sometimes when things are really good, people tend to focus on the negative. Sometimes people need to be reminded of how good they have it. If something hurts you, it hurts you and nobody can say its trivial. I just figured it would be easier for you to let go of it and forgive your wife if you were reminded of how lucky you two have it. :wave:

SophiaM 06-25-2004 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=elatedgiraffe]Don't apologize!!! :) You have every right and are completely welcome to post anything on here you want. What we were trying to bring to your attention was that you have it made! Sometimes when things are really good, people tend to focus on the negative. Sometimes people need to be reminded of how good they have it. If something hurts you, it hurts you and nobody can say its trivial. I just figured it would be easier for you to let go of it and forgive your wife if you were reminded of how lucky you two have it. :wave:[/QUOTE]

Yep, ditto from me. Don't apologize. We're glad we could help :)

SophiaM 06-25-2004 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=CoreyP]Sure, you can dance with whomever you like. The thing is, I want to a club last week, and 4 woman that a friend of mine knows were there. Well they were on a girls night from there boyfriends. We hung out with them and they dragged me out on the dance floor, I couldn't believe how they were dancing with me, I would have been so mad. They danced with me worse then a girlfriend has ever danced with me. I think I have been tramautized. I mean I enjoyed it, but I was thinking that these woman all have serious boyfriends. I had mixed emotions, I can only suspect that a bachellorette party would be worse. I don't care if my girl danced with everyone, but not dirty dancing.[/QUOTE]

Aaaah, how could you do this: dirty dancing with not one, not two, but FOUR women??!!! Fair enough, I'm going out dancing THIS weekend.

CoreyP 06-25-2004 01:44 PM

I didn't dance at all, I was sort of just standing there, but I will tell you, woman act a lot different away from there boyfriends then with. Think about me while you dance

SophiaM 06-25-2004 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=CoreyP]I didn't dance at all, I was sort of just standing there, but I will tell you, woman act a lot different away from there boyfriends then with. Think about me while you dance[/QUOTE]

Yaaah, right, standing :rolleyes: Well, maybe some women do act like this, what can I say. I feel sorry for their boyfriends.

CoreyP 06-25-2004 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=SophiaM]Yaaah, right, standing :rolleyes: Well, maybe some women do act like this, what can I say. I feel sorry for their boyfriends.[/QUOTE]

I told you I don't dance, I sort of feel sorry for there boyfriends too, I don't think they would have cheated, but I also don't think the boyfriends would of been happy to see them act like this.

newlywedgurl 06-25-2004 02:25 PM

Ducky....That is VERY true about it being different from your run-of-the-mill meat market dance club!!

Get your wife a nice bouquet of flowers, buy yourself a country CD & treat your wife to your own slow dance!! ;) Sounds like you've got a great woman and she's got a great man!

Newlywedgurl

Ducky1 06-25-2004 03:09 PM

Thanks again Newly wed.
I think I'll stop at the flower shop on the way home.
:)

maypath 06-25-2004 03:19 PM

hi, i just want to say you have a right to feel jealous, in fact, you are guys married too~ i could totally imange how you feel. but i think your wife was just wanted to have a good time with the girls, bring back old memories of being young again was a wonderful feeling, and not to mention she is still attractive to other men. you must be one lucky husband, she came home and told you the truth, that proves she didn't hind anything from you. you might have a right to be upset, but since this is a one time thing, let it go! i'm sure she loves you more than anything in this whole world, but any types if relationships need some breathing space too..

Ruth6:11 06-25-2004 05:35 PM

I asked my husband how he would feel in the same situation, and here was his (as usual very concise) reply:

"Knowing you?"
"Knowing me?"
"I wouldn't worry"

eightball61 06-25-2004 10:10 PM

The actor never sees any wrong doing. It will be hard to let go because you could never do this nor have ever expected her to do it. It was a ladies night out with harmless dancing.

I do feel you because I am the same way. Have you ask her how she would feel if you did the same thing with pictures? I would be a bit surprised if she got hurt seeing you with other women.

You both are married and she did come ack to you. She need some fun but went a little over board. I am guessing this is the only time she has done such a thing and if so then you have nothing to worry about.