It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• What's a Friend to Do?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #31
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User
    Re: What's a Friend to Do?

Eureka, Goody! I hadn’t truly come full circle until the middle of last night. Until then, I never really understood how our special bond would help me. As it happens so often for those who believe in God, the answer came in a dream. I saw your post last night before you even had a chance to fix the problem with the quote. The post mirrored my thoughts about you. Each time I read it, I became emotional. As Hitch would note, I missed 90% of the feelings you put into it (no body language or tone of voice) but if you had half as much difficulty writing it as I did writing the passage you quoted, then you too must wonder why God would want us to feel such emotion. My dream answered all this.

The answer lies in focusing on the basis of our special bond. It is based on one concept, a concept you mentioned in your post – trust. We completely and utterly trust each other. We both know that we deeply respect each other’s marriage and family because we know how precious they are to both of us. There is absolutely no doubt about this. I think many relationships don’t share the level of trust we have in each other. Indeed, it is special.

Just as Nini doesn’t see her full potential although everyone else can, I never really understood until after the dream that I possess a very important leadership skill. By trying to understand your trust in me, I finally realized that the type of clients I will enjoy serving in a new career will find me easy to trust, just like you did. Last year during your darkest hour, you hardly knew me at all. Have you ever thought about why you were able to trust me so quickly and easily? Goody, I now know that we share two traits that allow many people to give us their trust without us earning it first. First, we care a lot about other people. Second, we know how to love ourselves. When people perceive those two qualities together, they sense no ulterior motives for the care we provide and they take us at face value.

We’ve both told many people here that a good relationship is based on partners that love themselves first. Apparently, that is just the tip of the iceberg. I think love of self allows us to reveal our “weaknesses” judiciously so they actually become endearing strengths. I think there is much more to learn about love of self before we can fully enjoy its benefits.

So, Goody, during my last week as a regular poster, God completely revealed your special gift for me. Thank you so much. I’ve waited 56 years before getting the keys to that talent, so Nini, never give up hope!!!

Oh yes, about my problem with my emotions… I’ve felt guilty about them because I didn’t understand them until after the dream. Ruth, our resident sage, recently said there is a fine but definite line between deeply caring for someone and really loving the person. Basically, love is caring deeply with commitment. It is so comforting for me to finally realize that since both of us are totally committed to only our spouses, there is no reason to feel guilty. Thanks, Ruth!

PS: Tssssk, Tssssk, Tssssk, Goody! Did you have Tom take you to Hitch yesterday just because Heartland took Mrs. Heartland to see it? That is soooo High Schooolish…

PPS: My last day here will be Thursday. As long as it makes sense, I will try to peek in here weekly and comment if appropriate. I’m simply too weak to do otherwise.

Last edited by heartlandguy; 02-15-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #32
    Ruth6:11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Well, I know one job you would fill admirably heartlandguy, cause we're looking for someone now.
    A pre-planning consultant for funerals.
    Ha! You laugh.
    But at what time of your life are you more vulnerable and in need of the ability to trust someone you really don't know than when you are planning (and prepaying?) yours or someone you love's funeral??
    Ok, so much for the "sage" title you bestowed on me. I had to squash that one flat right off!!

Old 02-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #33
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ruth6:11
    Well, I know one job you would fill admirably heartlandguy, cause we're looking for someone now... A pre-planning consultant for funerals.

Ok, so much for the "sage" title you bestowed on me. I had to squash that one flat right off!!
    Actually, that idea interests me more than you imagine. (However, as long as all our kids live very close to us, we wouldn't relocate.)

Does the pre-planning consultant sell life insurance, too? Years ago, I wrote software for a life insurance company and learned quite a bit about how policies was sold. If the consultant sold life insurance as an option, it could be promoted as being full service since it would address both life and death.

Ruth, I learned a long time ago to never forget anything you say; it eventually comes in handy. As you see, I actually took you seriously.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #34
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

An insurance license is involved, but we don't sell life insurance. Although someone's life insurance policy may be assigned to us, the only insurance I'm aware of in pre-planning is that a trust is drawn up for the expenses that may (or may not) include insurance against the increase in price.

And Heart?
    If I have missed the place in the threads where a lenten "giving up" of the boards turned into a Farewell I am so sorry...
    Sorry that your words won't help others who come along, sorry that the loss of your friendship will be felt by so many who are already grieving a relationship or a person.
    (Any guilt attaching yet??)
    If you're ever on the Indiana tollroad give a wave around the home of the Fighting Irish and I'll be waving back.

Ok everybody else, wake up now!

Last edited by Ruth6:11; 02-15-2005 at 05:22 PM.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #35
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    If I have missed the place in the threads where a lenten "giving up" of the boards turned into a Farewell I am so sorry...
    Please see post #17 on this thread… [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1485979&postcount=17[/url]

Quote:
    …sorry that the loss of your friendship will be felt by so many who are already grieving a relationship or a person.
    (Any guilt attaching yet??)
    Ruth, you are nothing but nice to everyone. Why are you doing this to me? I guess “easy to trust” isn’t the same as likeable, huh? About the Guilt… (Are you Catholic like me or maybe Jewish?!? You really know how to play the guilt card!) Yes, I feel guilty as He11!!! That’s why I’m staying till Thursday as Penance.

Quote:
    If you're ever on the Indiana tollroad give a wave around the home of the Fighting Irish and I'll be waving back.
    I’ll do that, young lady. BTW… I have a business prospect for you. This thread is about Goody’s friend in Indiana. The friend has a husband that deserves to be strangled so…

Last edited by heartlandguy; 02-15-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #36
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cement shoes in size ....

Done. Those Indiana limestone quarries come in handy, don't they?

(Raised Episcopalien - close enough to Catholic unless you're Catholic!)

I knew you were leaving... just had to turn the screws just a bit so you don't just remember me as some old wrinkled

Old 02-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #37
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    I knew you were leaving... just had to turn the screws just a bit...
    Ooohh! Never mind..........................

Old 02-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #38
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heartlandguy
    Last year during your darkest hour, you hardly knew me at all. Have you ever thought about why you were able to trust me so quickly and easily? Goody, I now know that we share two traits that allow many people to give us their trust without us earning it first. First, we care a lot about other people. Second, we know how to love ourselves. When people perceive those two qualities together, they sense no ulterior motives for the care we provide and they take us at face value.
    Why I was able to trust you probably goes back to your inviting Tom to be a part of the thread. Up to this point I had painted a not so pretty picture of Tom as a husband. And yet you reached out and wished to include him in my thread in order to genuinely help us. That gesture as well as your ability to be nonjudgemental played a big role in my being able to trust you. And when you saw me as Dorothy back in Kansas telling everybody how special a role each plays in her life.(pg 15)...you showed me my strengths that I had forgotten about and gave me back my wings to fly v And i have been soaring ever since....with you and what you have taught me here as the wing beneath my wings. I am hopng that we can do the same for Nini....for I see how scared she is and know that with a little bit of trust and love on her part she will soar as well. So...Heartland...the beat goes on...you passed the torch and I will too, as they say one good turn eeserves another. Thanks my friend for reminding me of that ......Goody

Old 02-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #39
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goody2shuz
    I am hopng that we can do the same for Nini....for I see how scared she is and know that with a little bit of trust and love on her part she will soar as well. So...Heartland...the beat goes on...you passed the torch.
    Hkkkkkkkk! Hkkkkkkkk! The circle is now complete and the student is now the master.
    -Darth Vader (said to Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars)

Goody, one of your posts today on Nini’s thread was like a flashback for me to your marriage thread except now you are the tower of strength as you reached out for Nini’s hand. You did it with such a passion that everyone was captivated. I also like the way you asked the other posters to keep involved in the process. You had all the bases covered. You are such a force here when you want to be.

Goody, the finality of my last two days is setting in. I will help you in any way I can. The saddest part is how our friendship will become like a long distance relationship. While memories last forever, the closeness always fades and the real joy is in the closeness. It’s like when someone moves away; everyone promises to keep in touch but the reality is different. I guess my first attitude adjustment will be to emulate a good driver and keep my eyes on the road ahead while checking in the back occasionally. (I think Thelma & Louise spent too much time looking back at the end. ) Cherish your time here, Goody. And the beat goes on... That's by Sonny & Cher not Peter, Paul & Mary

Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #40
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Hkkkkkkkk! Hkkkkkkkk! The circle is now complete and the student is now the master.
    -Darth Vader (said to Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars)
    Oh my goodness......Heart, it's not that way at all I liked it much better in the Wizard of Oz being Dorothy and you my tinman and Jeff my scarecrow and Susie my good witch. How did we get to Darth Vader and Star Wars??? Star Wars is something that Tom can relate more to.....all I know is that Darth Vader was an evil guy (which in every sense is a very poor portrayal of yourself if I may say) No, Heartland....I refuse to go on with this....I can lead like you but I am certainly not the type of leader that wishes to kick my teacher out of the classroom!!!!!

Quote:
    Goody, one of your posts today on Nini’s thread was like a flashback for me to your marriage thread except now you are the tower of strength as you reached out for Nini’s hand. You did it with such a passion that everyone was captivated. I also like the way you asked the other posters to keep involved in the process. You had all the bases covered. You are such a force here when you want to be.
    Heartland....yes, it was a wonderful feeling when "we cracked the vault". And I say we because it just wasn't me alone and I wish to never take full credit for anything that is done here. NO...for when I read Nini's post on how her Valentine's Day went....I shouted at the top of my lungs, "WE did it " And Tom heard me and said...."let me guess.....it must have everything to do with Nini." My daughter who was waiting to play Yahtzee with me looked up to me and said....."That's ok mom....we can play later if you want because it seems that Nini may need you more " Now I don't share all the details of what's going on but my family does know a little bit about Nini because I have shared with them how I need them to pray for Nini when we sit down for dinner and we do. And going back to see "Hitch" was all part of my mission and also a Valentine's wish on my part to see the movie with Tom as well. So.....Heart, it is not all about ME, it's all about all of US here, including you.....so don't you dare use Nini or me as an excuse to step out of the spotlight now. I know that you have personal things you must tend to and I am all for that but I will never wish to be held responsible for your leaving this forum. I know you Heart.....even more than I ever thought I could know another person, and as your friend I see that you must pursue your strengths and go into the real world in order to do so. And I know that it is something you must do for Mrs. Heartland too.....she needs you more than we do here and I totally understand that. It's like Tom once was with his TV....I know more than you may think, my dear friend . And if
    leaving here is what you must do in order to do what is best in your life, as your friend I say go and fly soaring through the skies towards that vision you once shared with me and perhaps there may come a time that you will be back.....but if not, my dearest friend, I will be always thankful to God for placing you here on this board to grab hold of my hand and pull me out of the fiercest storms of my life and like a gentleman making sure I reached home safely.

Quote:
    Goody, the finality of my last two days is setting in. I will help you in any way I can. The saddest part is how our friendship will become like a long distance relationship. While memories last forever, the closeness always fades and the real joy is in the closeness. It’s like when someone moves away; everyone promises to keep in touch but the reality is different. I guess my first attitude adjustment will be to emulate a good driver and keep my eyes on the road ahead while checking in the back occasionally. (I think Thelma & Louise spent too much time looking back at the end.) Cherish your time here, Goody. And the beat goes on... That's by Sonny & Cher not Peter, Paul & Mary
    No, Heartland, you underestimate the power of our frienship. It goes far beyond what one would normally perceive. It's like you said yesterday about the trust and what we have learned together on this board. That is a bond that never will be broken. And please don't categorize me or anyone here as the type of friend that doesn't live up to one's promises. It's like I told you Heartland when I described my best friend on this thread.....she is the type of friend that calls when I need her the most as I do her. We don't have to talk often and yet we seem to be able to pick up just where we seemed to leave off last. Heartland....I thought I only had one friend like that but it seems that I have found another. I don't even know what he looks like but he's this midwestern guy(don't know much about geography....don't know much of trigomometry) who has a heart of gold who rescued me and who I know without a shadow of a doubt was put on the path of my life by God when I needed a guiding hand. I thank God for you everyday as does Tom. Not too long ago you invited him to be your friend too. And through the offering of this friendship you bestowed upon us a wonderful gift......a vision of our happiness and the tools we needed in order to rebuild our marriage. Thanks, Heartland If you must go as your friend I must be willing to let you. You are going to be missed here and as Ruth has already in her infinite wisdom stated....I am saddest for all the posters on this board to come that will miss out on the wonderful opportunity of having you here to strongly pull them out of their storm as I had the gift of expereincing. No, Heartland, nobody does it better, makes me feel sad for the rest...nobody does it half as good as YOU....baby you're the best [SIZE=1]not another Peter, Paul & Mary song but I have a strange feeling that you already knew that ......Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 02-16-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #41
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

GOODY, I WROTE THIS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO READ YOUR LAST POST YET.

Quote:
    Why I was able to trust you probably goes back to your inviting Tom to be a part of the thread. Up to this point I had painted a not so pretty picture of Tom as a husband. And yet you reached out and wished to include him in my thread in order to genuinely help us. That gesture as well as your ability to be nonjudgemental played a big role in my being able to trust you. And when you saw me as Dorothy back in Kansas telling everybody how special a role each plays in her life.(pg 15)...you showed me my strengths that I had forgotten about and gave me back my wings to fly And i have been soaring ever since
    Goody, last night I felt pretty melancholy. My wife was out with her friends and the boards weren’t registering new posts on old threads… so I felt really lonely – and pathetic. To top it off, I realized that I had run out of new ways to tell you goodbye. Then I realized how pathetic that was. I truly felt out of the loop. I felt dead here and I wasn’t even gone. Can anyone be triple-pathetic?

It’s morning and I’m feeling much better now. My first thought was how will I be able to move on to bigger and better things if I feel like a piece of crap? Wow, that didn’t even sound like me but it did sound familiar. Argh! I’m becoming like Nini. So I quickly switched to thinking about the most positive thinking person I know… a Mrs. Twoshuz. {{I think we’ve had pretty idealized notions of each other but that’s how I want to remember you. In my mind, Dorothy will always be a heroine’s heroine.}} When I read recently what activities osteoarthritis has taken from you, I was really touched. You have a gift for ignoring what you can’t do and embracing all that is good. You truly deserve the name Goody and that IS how I will remember you. {{hug}} I know if you could, you would crash out through my monitor, grab an old witch’s broom from God knows where and whack me with it, screaming “Heartland, snap out of it!” until I came to my senses. Since you couldn’t do that, I did and I’m feeling much better. So no more goodbyes are needed here, lest I regress. But before I get back to your comments on trust and Nini, I want to explain how I see you through the boards.

The power of these boards is that they strip our physical senses from us. Many first impressions and prejudices are triggered by our senses and there is none of that here. Here, we “see” only one’s thoughts. It’s like seeing the negative of a photograph. If only the real world could be so pure. Goody, my wife and you are so alike it scares me sometimes. The Leo in each of you that is so evident only strengthens that thought. My wife is the photograph and you are the negative. She is the front side of the moon and you are the backside. It’s a great vantage point for me. Over time, I’ve learned to better understand what she’s REALLY thinking when she says or does something. That has been your biggest value on my marriage. Are Tom’s and my personalities similar enough to help you likewise?

When I first saw your comments in how I gained your trust, I was discouraged because I thought my theory was wrong. Now I realize the theory was basically right but oversimplified. It was missing the ever present need for baby steps. Before you could trust me, you put me on a yellow brick road. By treating each of your doubts or concerns as a baby step, I made it to my Oz and did earn your confidence. The important thing for me to realize is that earning your confidence seemed natural, comfortable and easy to me. I have always expected that earning one’s confidence would be much more difficult than that. Thanks, Goody, for making my thoughts on earning trust more realistic.

This morning, I gained a new appreciation for Nini’s predicament. Yesterday, she “foolishly” said that she enjoyed my perspective. Those words will come to haunt her. I always like to kill two birds with one stone whenever possible. I finally realize that I can continue to help Nini even though I won’t be a regular poster here and she could help me as well. I will write the details about this on her thread but here’s a quick summary. Since progress seems to occur slowly for her, I will check in every couple of weeks and review her active thread(s). I’m sure that will give me a different perspective than I would have gotten as a regular poster who gets mired down with the daily details. I will post my “progress report” on her most current thread so she and the regular posters can take it from there. (I can also gently reminder her about joining Toastmasters without it seeming like a constant rant.) In return she can reply with a list of threads I should read so I can keep up with the important happenings in the lives of the other regular posters here. Actually, my stone can kill three birds… it will also kill all sense of guilt for leaving that Ruth so desperately wants me to feel.

I can have only one favorite poster here and that will always be you, Goody. As I check in, I’ll always check Goody’s profile to see if there are any new threads. As long as its your season here and I’m breathing, I’ll follow you and your family. That’s what a forever friend does.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:49 AM   #42
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland.....I see on the relationship board that you made a post even after mine, however, I am only able to bring up page 8 on my end and not visualize anything after that despite seeing a page 9 on display.....I'm stuck on this thread but thank goodness my post is clearly visual on Nini's. So I'm going to see if I this opens up on my thread. If not then clearly it's a sign that this thread has had it's day...but I do hope that my last post to you got through on your end...because it was in my belief (if I may be bold enough to say)....one of my better ones. Well here goes....Goody

Old 02-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #43
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland......OMG, how is it that somebody on the virtual side of life can know somebody else so very well????? You are right, Heartland....if I had a virtual broom that I could use to knock some sense into you I would've done just as you had said.

I am so glad that you have made the decision on your own on how you would like to be here, Heartland, before Goody could pathetically begged you to stay on thus knowing that it would be purely selfish on my part. Your last post before this one was a difficult one..it almost left me feeeling guilty myself thinking that whlie you were out perhaps rescuing me that I was unknowingly and quite unintentionally causing problems for you and the Mrs. Phewwww....it took such alot out of me to say that befause any other time it may have seemed a little presumptuous on my part but we both know each other far more than that now

I am flattered that you see me as the negative of your photograph....and in ways I see you as being the same to me....although Tom is definitely not a man of so many words as you are And you already know his interest in computer typing skills and patience with doing so. You are a Libra and Tom is a zodiac twin making him a...oh golly geez the Zodiac thing is one of Goody's downfalls too See....I am not quite as perfect and good as you make me out to be

Anyway, I'm typing away & with the way things are I may not even be able to edit because between my built in mouse that backpages and loses my post altogether and the technical glitches here...we may be best picking things up on my other thread if need be.....will save us both alot of time & energy.

My friend is on my mind and I have to wait for her next day off which is Friday....as usual I have this nagging feeling in my chest that urges me to check in and it is so frustrating...she can't talk freely at work or when her husband is around which absolutely drives me crazy. I am really anxious to see how things went this week regarding her husband's employment status and her ultimatum....thanks, Heart and by the way.....that was one of your finer posts ......Goody

Eureka..it's fixed!!! Thank goodness for small favors

Last edited by goody2shuz; 02-16-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #44
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    You are right, Heartland....if I had a virtual broom that I could use to knock some sense into you I would've done just as you had said.
    I’ve said before that we share ESP. Tom and I share ESPN.

Quote:
    I am so glad that you have made the decision on your own on how you would like to be here, Heartland
    Last night, I forgot that young people look toward the future and old people look toward the past. My decision gives me something to look forward to so it helps me stay forever young. Nini’s not quite 40 and she sounded old and reclusive about a week ago. She’s still hurting from Valentine’s Day but even so she sounded young again and so alive. We have to constantly give her something to look forward to until she can do that for herself.

Quote:
    Phewwww....it took such alot out of me to say that befause any other time it may have seemed a little presumptuous on my part but we both know each other far more than that now
    I’ve thought our concern for each other has been lock-step ever since your darkest hour because we had to think like partners back then to get you through that quagmire. It’s like we’re war buddies. War buddies get emotional when they think of each other. It made sense to me that we should feel the same way but it still made me feel guilty and maybe even a little creepy. I think you just said you had similar concerns. If you never felt that way, then I’m the one who is being presumptuous and foolish.

Quote:
    Tom is definitely not a man of so many words as you are
    My head has always been filled with words. Before I learned self love, I always felt responsible for silent periods during a date and thereby ruined a fair number of dates by talking too much. As I developed self love, I realized that a slight smile was a much better way to handle a period of silence. My ability to focus on listening to the fair Mrs. Heartland greatly helped me win her hand. Here, since people can skip over anything they wish, I just blabber on and on and on and on… He keeps going and going and going...

Quote:
    I am not quite as perfect and good as you make me out to be
    Since we rarely choose to reveal our weaknesses here, I think we all come across as a little bigger than life. During your darkest hour, I’d like to think I came across a mixture of John Wayne and Dr. Phil. Ya-ha, Ya-ha, Miss Goody. Let’s ssscircle your wagons and ride out this sssstorm. (Sound familiar?)
    If you met me in real life, I’m sure you’d say, “Holy crap! What was I thinking?”

Quote:
    My friend is on my mind and I have to wait for her next day off which is Friday....as usual I have this nagging feeling in my chest that urges me to check in and it is so frustrating...she can't talk freely at work or when her husband is around which absolutely drives me crazy. I am really anxious to see how things went this week regarding her husband's employment status and her ultimatum....
    We tire easily while on a tightrope and want to rush. It’s so frustrating for you because there is nothing you can initiate without interfering… which in the worst of cases is absolutely necessary. I’ll say a prayer when I think of your friend. Hopefully, God will give him a sign or the job he wants, thus keeping him safe from Ruth.

Quote:
    thanks, Heart and by the way.....that was one of your finer posts
    Things always look brighter after our darkest hours. So, BTW, now I’m just plain “Heart” to you??? Goody, feel free to call me whatever you wish. Since this is a day filled with presumptuous thoughts, I thought I’d mention that I nickname all my friends, including you. The movie, Animal House, granted me that right. Your name is “Tigger” because of your boundless energy and because the “Tig” portion stands for Tom’s Ivory Girl. Thought you had the right to know…
    -Heart, the Far_ ....Are you sure about that nickname?

Old 02-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #45
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    I’ve thought our concern for each other has been lock-step ever since your darkest hour because we had to think like partners back then to get you through that quagmire. It’s like we’re war buddies. War buddies get emotional when they think of each other. It made sense to me that we should feel the same way but it still made me feel guilty and maybe even a little creepy. I think you just said you had similar concerns. If you never felt that way, then I’m the one who is being presumptuous and foolish.
    Heartland.....I think I need a little clarification here and perhaps you do to. It is no secret here that you and I have developed a unique friendship.....as you already noted we seem to have an ESP feature that goes back even as far as my darkest hours. At first it seemed coincidental but then it happened many more times and convinced me of what I still believe in my heart today....that you are just one of those people God has placed in my life to guide me through my darkest hours. And Heartland I honestly never felt guilty or creepy about it.....however like you have so openly admitted....I too would get emotional when thinking about the way in which you have facilitated my personal growth and success in my marriage & allowing me to see the strengths I possess in my life both virtual and real. As you said...we fought as war buddies in a battle (in the female sense I would see it more in terms of a battle against cancer ) But either way.....when I think back to that darkest hour and share it here with others and you reflect back to me how I do the same for you....it's hard for me to not get emotional about it. But it's not anything I feel guilty or creepy about or ever have. I have a strong feeling that we will evelop something similar with Nini...when and if she is pulled from her storm....but Heartland, you will always be seen as my hero and as you already said yourself, favorite poster. And so....if I felt any guilt it was in the sense of my being the reason you were leaving the boards because of some conflict it may have caused on the homefront when you rescued me. That is the part I presumed and perhaps may be ending up being the fool for in the end

Quote:
    .....we rarely choose to reveal our weaknesses here, I think we all come across as a little bigger than life. During your darkest hour, I’d like to think I came across a mixture of John Wayne and Dr. Phil. Ya-ha, Ya-ha, Miss Goody. Let’s ssscircle your wagons and ride out this sssstorm. (Sound familiar?)
    If you met me in real life, I’m sure you’d say, “Holy crap! What was I thinking?”
    That would never happen, Heartland and you know it

Quote:
    We tire easily while on a tightrope and want to rush. It’s so frustrating for you because there is nothing you can initiate without interfering… which in the worst of cases is absolutely necessary. I’ll say a prayer when I think of your friend. Hopefully, God will give him a sign or the job he wants, thus keeping him safe from Ruth.
    HEHEHE...you are as usual probably right!!!

Quote:
    Things always look brighter after our darkest hours. So, BTW, now I’m just plain “Heart” to you??? Goody, feel free to call me whatever you wish. Since this is a day filled with presumptuous thoughts, I thought I’d mention that I nickname all my friends, including you. The movie, Animal House, granted me that right. Your name is “Tigger” because of your boundless energy and because the “Tig” portion stands for Tom’s Ivory Girl. Thought you had the right to know…
    -Heart, the Far_ ....Are you sure about that nickname?
    Heartlandguy.....I'll stick with the full version of your name.....the Heart came when my fingers were cramping and laziness set in. Tig....I'll answer to just about anything....I'll leave that up to you.

You'll always be my tinman with a heart in my mind......Goody

Closed Thread