HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Relationship Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/relationship-health/)
-   -   What's a Friend to Do? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/relationship-health/251320-whats-friend-do.html)

heartlandguy 02-20-2005 06:29 PM

Re: What's a Friend to Do?

[QUOTE=goody2shuz]I think that you have seen what you have to do and have acquired the confidence you need to be able to do it.[/QUOTE] I believe I have the confidence to act on what I have to do but I haven't a clue of what I am looking for yet. If you pray for me, pray for me to find the baby steps for discovery. Otherwise, Iíll just become better at excuses and covering up. :D

Iíve got some books and Internet databases available that I hope will inspire me. My fear is searching everything but not finding something Iím passionate about with reasonable compensation. Remember, posting on the boards is the best of jobs but the pay is lousy. :D

I donít expect things to happen as quickly for me as it will for your best friendís husband. He knows the job he wants and I believe you said he has two jobs lined up. Thatís a huge head start over clueless me. :confused: Please donít make this like one of those reality shows. :eek:

You have been a big help to my wife. [METAPHOR]Iíll like a big oil tanker that has run aground. My wife is like a tugboat that has almost worn her engine out trying to pull me free. You two pulling together have succeeded to free me.[/METAPHOR]

Hope you and the family have a good week.

PS: Thanks for the song, Goody :) Iíll print and post the lyrics. If I feel low, Iíll give it a howl or two. ;) BTW, Is this like being a member of the song of the month club? Thanks again, my forever friend. :wave:

goody2shuz 02-20-2005 06:55 PM

Don't give up, Heartland :angel: "Arise....and do not be afraid" :nono: See....there's more than a tugboat pulling you....and we both know that. ;)

So...the pressure is on....now you have two women to impress, how lucky you are. :bouncing: Don't lose sight of what it is that you need to do. I have faith in you my friend, because you showed me the way and you are soooo capable of finding your way, just remember that anything you do will be a success....do not look for the answer on the outside...it is buried deep within you only have to seek in order to see. :angel: The signs are there you have already seen them,have faith and you will be guided.....just don't rely on Him to do all the work. Use the gifts He has given you and you will be on your way.....Goody :angel:

If a song inspires..Goody will deliver :wave:

heartlandguy 02-21-2005 11:15 AM

Goody, I just had to tell you how excited I am about how things are progressing. I was so worried that Iíd hit today and nothing would come to mind. My dear friend, Iím being flooded with ideas just like you said and thanks to your last post (that I printed off for my wife) that mentioned looking inside, the inside is exactly where it is all coming from. The last few years, my wife and I have been thinking too smallÖ and if today is any sign, I was thinking way, way too small for His plans. Last night, I took your challenge to look inside and the only thought I had was to rethink public speaking. I was scared about establishing the credibility that speakers need to promote themselves.

Today rolls around and my first task is to clean off my desk. Blah, how could anything start well with such a mundane task? The top of the pile was a University of Nebraska Ė Lincoln folder my wife was given; she gave it to me because itís a nice looking freebie. I start to clean it out and its full of continuing education options. Bingo! Without going into details, Iíve been writing down lots of possibilities I will pursue and contacts that can help me clarify my thoughts. So, Goody, now that we have reversed roles and you are one step ahead of me, what should I do next? I finally believe that anything you recommend will be divinely inspired so donít be bashful.

As I look at how things could unfold, it seems that more and more dreams seem possible. Somehow, it appears possible that many loose ends in my life may converge. This post is one example. Most of my posts are a struggle to type and reorganize; this post just seems to be flowing out of me. ďSign, sign, everywhere a signÖĒ ;) Best of all, I sense Iíll eventually get to a point where Iíll find fragments of time available during weekdays where I could post in moderation. If so, those fragments of time will be a sign that He wants me to do more of His work here and that I was hasty in declaring the end of my season. Iíve felt for a long time that our yellow brick road didnít led to Oz. Iím beginning to think that it leads to a different kingdom that will take the rest of our lives to reach and weíre just stuck with each other on the journey. Remember that the road gets wider the closer we get so weíll have lots of room for others. Oh so many possibilities. Goody, I feel oh so good at this moment.

I did an Internet search on Puff the Magic Dragon and drugs. At the top of the hit list was an urban legend website that I use frequently and generally trust. Youíll be pleased to know it shows that ďits writers have always claimed it to be: a song about the innocence of childhood lostĒ. It continues on to explain the chain of events leading up to the song. Since we canít copy that much detail here, youíll have to look for yourself. True or not, it provides an explanation that I want to believe so why not. :)

Goody, I am fascinated with intense friendships. Iíve experienced four including yours but only yours involves someone Iíve never met and has a strong supernatural aspect to it. Please tell me what you can about the similarities and differences in the friendships you share with your best friend and me.

Forever sharing the same pathÖ -Heartland

goody2shuz 02-21-2005 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]Goody, I just had to tell you how excited I am about how things are progressing. I was so worried that Iíd hit today and nothing would come to mind. My dear friend, Iím being flooded with ideas just like you said and thanks to your last post (that I printed off for my wife) that mentioned looking inside, the inside is exactly where it is all coming from. The last few years, my wife and I have been thinking too smallÖ and if today is any sign, I was thinking way, way too small for His plans. Last night, I took your challenge to look inside and the only thought I had was to rethink public speaking. I was scared about establishing the credibility that speakers need to promote themselves.

Today rolls around and my first task is to clean off my desk. Blah, how could anything start well with such a mundane task? The top of the pile was a University of Nebraska Ė Lincoln folder my wife was given; she gave it to me because itís a nice looking freebie. I start to clean it out and its full of continuing education options. Bingo! Without going into details, Iíve been writing down lots of possibilities I will pursue and contacts that can help me clarify my thoughts. So, Goody, now that we have reversed roles and you are one step ahead of me, what should I do next? I finally believe that anything you recommend will be divinely inspired so donít be bashful.[/QUOTE]

Heartland...oh the pressure..while I see continuing education mentioned....are you possibly thinking of heading one of the courses that are offered (which I believe is the way to go and will allow you to utilize thsoe wonderful leadership/people skills you have) or being a student??? And I would need some clarification on the possibilities in order to guide you better...but Heartland.....today cleaning has been quite instrumental on other threads and I have no doubt that this is definitely pointing you in the right direction.

[QUOTE=heartland]As I look at how things could unfold, it seems that more and more dreams seem possible. Somehow, it appears possible that many loose ends in my life may converge. This post is one example. Most of my posts are a struggle to type and reorganize; this post just seems to be flowing out of me. ďSign, sign, everywhere a signÖĒ ;) Best of all, I sense Iíll eventually get to a point where Iíll find fragments of time available during weekdays where I could post in moderation. If so, those fragments of time will be a sign that He wants me to do more of His work here and that I was hasty in declaring the end of my season. Iíve felt for a long time that our yellow brick road didnít led to Oz. Iím beginning to think that it leads to a different kingdom that will take the rest of our lives to reach and weíre just stuck with each other on the journey. Remember that the road gets wider the closer we get so weíll have lots of room for others. Oh so many possibilities. Goody, I feel oh so good at this moment.[/QUOTE]

Heartland, since Goody is giving out A+'s today it's your turn to get one :bouncing: Just beware of getting too ahead of the signs...of course we are happiest when we serve Him but we musn't lose sight of the responsibilities we have to those He has blessed us with. Remember my post and the sign it was to you....sometimes we lose sight but I know that you won't, my friend ;) The road we are on may bring us down other pathes that eventually merge back into the main road that leads to the kingdom you speak about. So as a friend I understand if for a while your journey takes off in a different direction because eventually it'll merge back to the yellow brick road. :angel:

[QUOTE=heartland]I did an Internet search on Puff the Magic Dragon and drugs. At the top of the hit list was an urban legend website that I use frequently and generally trust. Youíll be pleased to know it shows that ďits writers have always claimed it to be: a song about the innocence of childhood lostĒ. It continues on to explain the chain of events leading up to the song. Since we canít copy that much detail here, youíll have to look for yourself. True or not, it provides an explanation that I want to believe so why not. :)[/QUOTE] I really loved that song becuase it reminds us of how our childhood memories carry on to our future...perhaps that is what we need to understand about Nini and her journey.And thanks for restoring my childhood momory of that song :D

[QUOTE=heartland]Goody, I am fascinated with intense friendships. Iíve experienced four including yours but only yours involves someone Iíve never met and has a strong supernatural aspect to it. Please tell me what you can about the similarities and differences in the friendships you share with your best friend and me.[/QUOTE]

This is something that I will further discuss later with you....since it will take a little longer for me to respond to it. I know it is important and I really need to give it the time it deserves.

I am happy to see that things are becomig a little bit clearer and more organized in your mind. Looking within is key to our success....almost like looking into our souls. But you must beware my friend, in allowing your idealism to get in the way of the stepping stones in life that'll get you there. Each are just as important on our journey, for if we skip one we may just find ourselves stuck and moving nowhere which is not a good place to be...think of Nini...if it took two women to get you moving what in the world is it going to take for Nini :eek: A true miracle and those I have seen....so Goody's not giving up hope.....Goody :angel:

heartlandguy 02-21-2005 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=goody2shuz] I see continuing education mentioned....are you possibly thinking of heading one of the courses that are offered (which I believe is the way to goÖ) or being a student???[/quote]Goody, I have always lived my life like a student. Because my career is more like a sabbatical than work, it has been a great personal learning experience. Unfortunately, the real world rarely recognizes such credentials. As a student in search of an advanced degree or more, I would be plumbed into an idea factory with credentials. Knowledge and credentials; two birds with one stoneÖ need I say more?

[quote]Heartland, since Goody is giving out A+'s today it's your turn to get one :bouncing: Just beware of getting too ahead of the signs.... ÖSo as a friend I understand if for a while your journey takes off in a different direction because eventually it'll merge back to the yellow brick road. :angel:[/quote]Today is a day of celebration for reaching my first milestone. After discussing todayís progress with my wife this evening, I will return to my proven, comfortable and methodic ways. Like you say, my path lies away from this board until the proper time; Iím sorry I didnít make that clearer. I firmly believe in practicing what I preach. I will be taking baby steps as I take care of Job One. Letís just say that my season here will be mostly "on hold" until my metamorphosis is complete.

[quote]This is something that I will further discuss later with you....since it will take a little longer for me to respond to it. I know it is important and I really need to give it the time it deserves.[/quote]Thank you for realizing what Iím looking for. Maybe you can think about it for a few days first and have something ready for Sunday?

[quote]But you must beware my friend, in allowing your idealism to get in the way of the stepping stones in life that'll get you there. Each are just as important on our journey, for if we skip one we may just find ourselves stuck and moving nowhere which is not a good place to be[/quote]I think you worry that I am going to rush the process; that is so NOT me. ;)

[quote]if it took two women to get you moving what in the world is it going to take for Nini :eek:[/QUOTE]I think it will require all Niniís regular posters (minus one AWOL dreamer) plus a Genster. Isnít a Genstar a minivan? ;) Maybe we need a minivan to get Nini started on her roadtrip. :angel:

Forever sharing the same pathÖ -Heartland

UPDATE: about your mouse, please tell me what happens when you fingerswipe the touchpad that leads to the loss of your post.

Also, have you thought about buying a regular mouse that plugs into your laptop so you don't have to use the problematic touchpad?

goody2shuz 02-21-2005 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]UPDATE: about your mouse, please tell me what happens when you fingerswipe the touchpad that leads to the loss of your post.

Also, have you thought about buying a regular mouse that plugs into your laptop so you don't have to use the problematic touchpad?[/QUOTE]

Heartland..reminds me of when I was on the yellow brick road & you taught me how to Quote posts in response....as you can see you taught me well ;)

I wish I could identify the problem but it isn't one particular thing...usually it is when I am swiping to correct a mistake....so I have more success in just typing away and not moving the cursor and posting then editing after it's been already posted. (If that makes any sense :confused: )

And yes....tomorrow Goody is gonna go to Comp USA and see if I can purchase another external mouse that may alleviate alot of aggravation :D :D Just pure lazineess on my part...but it is something I thought I would reward myself with.

So, my friend...see you are a great teacher & I can see you doing that....I still think you are fully capable without further credentials....sometimes friends can see our strengths better than we can ourselves. But if getting out there in the student capacity will increase your confidence I say go for it....but in my eyes you are quite confident and wise and overqualified for any job set before you. Am I right??? I shouldn't even have to ask that.....so far I have been right.....Goody ;)

heartlandguy 02-21-2005 05:42 PM

[QUOTE=goody2shuz]I wish I could identify the problem but it isn't one particular thing...usually it is when I am swiping to correct a mistake.... (If that makes any sense :confused: )[/quote]Most touchpads frustrate me, too. My best guess is that as you are swiping the pad, you go over a dead area on the pad or accidently ďdouble-clickĒ on the pad and highlight the entire text. If so, your next keystroke will replace all the text! May I suggest cut-and-pasting a large block of text in the offending textbox and experimenting with the motions you normally use when correcting a mistake to learn the cause without losing unsaved text. Even if you buy a mouse, you may not always take it with you so this knowledge could be useful.

[quote]And yes....tomorrow Goody is gonna go to Comp USA and see if I can purchase another external mouse that may alleviate alot of aggravation :D :D Just pure lazineess on my part...[/quote]Just take baby steps. ;)

[quote]sometimes friends can see our strengths better than we can ourselves. ....but in my eyes you are quite confident and wise and overqualified for any job set before you. Am I right???[/QUOTE]Okay, my friend, I canít argue with you when youíre right ;) but give me some ideas on how to convey what you ďknowĒ to complete strangers against stiff competition. This has always been a problem of mine. :confused:

goody2shuz 02-21-2005 06:22 PM

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]Okay, my friend, I canít argue with you when youíre right ;) but give me some ideas on how to convey what you ďknowĒ to complete strangers against stiff competition. This has always been a problem of mine. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Well, my friend, you say that your career is technical database and that is obviously a weakness of Goody's. I am not the most technical person and databases I find frustrating. because I don't even know how they work. I am embaressed to say that my daughters possess higher technical skills than their mom :D But you say you majored in the sciences....I am obviously very much into biological science....I am fascinated on how the body works and heals as you know. But your science background must, if I were to take a guess, have to do more with chemistry possibly physics????

In terms of getting out there why not think of others as the faces of the people you meet here??? Am I going to have to enroll you in my Self Love 101 course???? I recall Jeff asking you if you were lacking in confidence when we first met and yet I couldn't see that and never have. A perfectionist you are because your posts never have errors and I think you spend alot of time editing before posting to boost confidence. My friend's husband is the same way...he knows his stuff but holds back and I am guesssing that you may be the same way. Heartland...it's okay to be scared, remember when I told you I was scared and you told me it's okay and that I could do it...that I would get there. well I'm telling you the same.....it's Goody's turn to tell you that you are a wonderful person that the real world needs.....you are wise and have so much to offer to others...to hold back is not only denying yourself the experience to soar but also the world the gift of meeting a wonderful person like you. Now is that enough praise....and you better not be getting that guilty/creepy feeling again because if you are a virtual broom is on it's way :D :D

So....the signs are there and I see you as wonderful leader who sometimes chickens out and chooses to follow instead. You can do it Heartland and you need to get past the fear in order to see the way. Can you do it????....Goody :angel:

heartlandguy 02-21-2005 07:33 PM

Using a regular mouse, I tested the text boxes used on Healthboard's webpages. A triple click, not a double click, highlights all the text in the box. Somehow, your laptop's touchpad/mouse driver is seeing a triple click and highlighting all the text. Assuming you try to overtype the highlighted text, the first character replaces everything.

If you talk to a tech-savvy friend, he/she can suggest several ways to work around this situation.

goody2shuz 02-21-2005 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]Using a regular mouse, I tested the text boxes used on Healthboard's webpages. A triple click, not a double click, highlights all the text in the box. Somehow, your laptop's touchpad/mouse driver is seeing a triple click and highlighting all the text. Assuming you try to overtype the highlighted text, the first character replaces everything.

If you talk to a tech-savvy friend, he/she can suggest several ways to work around this situation.[/QUOTE]

Tom seems to think it's an oversensitivity thing....I mean the touchpad mouse if you lightly tap it it will submit my post without my hitting the separate right click below it. Tom will tell you that I am not the most patient person (remember when i wanted to get to the end of that yellow brick road in one day ;) ) so trouble shooting is not my strength either :D

i know my weaknesses but for you my friend I may give it a try. :angel: the touchpad is a totally different thing from a mouse user..Thanks for your technical assistance.....and Heartland....congrats on your first milestone today..baby steps my friend......Goody :angel:

goody2shuz 02-22-2005 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]I believe I have the confidence to act on what I have to do but I haven't a clue of what I am looking for yet. If you pray for me, pray for me to find the baby steps for discovery. Otherwise, Iíll just become better at excuses and covering up. [/QUOTE]I am praying for you my friend...yesterday was a great day of cleaning up and reorganizing...this is the part where we can get "stuck" but with the reaching from within you can gain the confidence to take the next step forward. Tell me a little more about the continuing education idea. What is spinning in that mathematical, logical mind of yours...because as much ESP I may have, that is something I can't figure out ;)

[QUOTE=heartland]Iíve got some books and Internet databases available that I hope will inspire me. My fear is searching everything but not finding something Iím passionate about with reasonable compensation. Remember, posting on the boards is the best of jobs but the pay is lousy. [/QUOTE]You have clearly identified one of your fears...and it is that idealism in you but there is always compromise, Heartland. You may have to use one of the stepping stones I was talking about. I am really hoping that I can reach you because if I can then there is also hope for my friend's husband and visa versa ;) (killing two birds with one stone) Yes..posting on here pays in a whole different way...and in time you may be able to balance the two....but for now you have wisely and courageously chosen to focus on the most important one.

[QUOTE=heartland]I donít expect things to happen as quickly for me as it will for your best friendís husband. He knows the job he wants and I believe you said he has two jobs lined up. Thatís a huge head start over clueless me. :confused: Please donít make this like one of those reality shows. :eek: [/QUOTE] I have no intention of comparing notes and know that my friend wouldn't approve as well. So the only reality is the fact that you were brave enough to read the signs and finally do something about it. :bouncing: Remember....you are no longer that barge (oops...oil tanker) stuck in the bay....we've gotten you afloat and the rest is up to you (with a little help from your friends ;) ):angel:

[QUOTE=heartland]You have been a big help to my wife. [METAPHOR]Iíll like a big oil tanker that has run aground. My wife is like a tugboat that has almost worn her engine out trying to pull me free. You two pulling together have succeeded to free me.[/METAPHOR][/QUOTE] I am so happy that I have reciprocated in some way....now we both must remember that it is our job to continue the work that was started so that we can continue on our road to happiness :angel:

Thought you could use this response to start your new day and reach your second milestone ;) The metaphysical thing in me told me so :angel: .....Goody

goody2shuz 02-22-2005 04:50 PM

Hey, Heartland :D Didn't want to take up too much space on Nini's thread but wanted to check in and see how things are going on your journey ;) Will we need a storyline to go along with your journey....almost like the story the [I]Little Engine That Could[/I] is what comes to mind. But again...it needs to come from YOU :angel:

Hoping I didn't scare you off with my last post....let me know if you need more pushing....you know I'm always good for that ;)

My touchpad isnt giving me as much of a problem today...than goodness. But I still am going to look into getting a external mouse.....it'll probably save me alot of time and frustration.

Just wanted to check in and see what milestones you may have accomplished today....I know it is something that won't happen overnight and I hope that you are not allowing fear to stand in the way of getting to the next part of your journey ;) Just doing my friend thing and making sure you are ok. Also.....Friday night sounds like just the thing you need.....have fun and show 'em the Heartland that we roadtrip with here :D :D

Forever on the same road.....Goody :angel:

heartlandguy 02-23-2005 08:36 AM

Goody, sometimes I think we are like Donnie & Marie. Youíre a little bit country; Iím a little bit rock n roll. But when I think of one, I canít help thinking of the other. :) Sorry, I didnít post yesterdayÖ too much turmoil. (BTW, are the hippie days really over? Seriously, I was like President Bill... I took one puff but didnít inhale. I just wasnít cut out to be a smoker.)

Yesterday, I called a family friend who does public speaking. As a speaker, sheís been to some amazing places outside the continental USA. We discussed the realities of the jobÖ itís rarely full time, pay seems proportional to travel distance, etc. We discussed its business aspects and other people who could guide me. We compared personalities a bit to see if I have what it takes. Sheís a perfectionist, an idealist and, yes, sheís passionate when she speaks. She said she was an extrovert. I said, ďOh, Iím an introvert...Ē She said, ďReally, I never would have guessed that. You seem like an extrovert to me.Ē Goody, I think itís possible, very tough but possible.

Afterwards, I felt a bit overwhelmed by the implications. Over the last few years, Iíve become disorganized, too, letting lots of small but important tasks slide. Since then, I hadnít been true to myself until I joined these boards. While I thought I was posting to help others, I was actually growing and regaining some self-esteem. At the perfect moment, you started this thread. Now I realize I need more than a career change; I got to be me. I need to clean up my act, starting in my home office. The roomís disorganized state suited the old despondent me but now it needs a clean sweep to match the real me. (Iím sorta scared of what Iíll find in some piles.) Sometimes one must take a step back before taking a running start to hurdle a large obstacle. For the moment, organization and cleanup is Job One. As I purge the clutter in the room, Iíll be purging clutter in my mind. Iíll reserve a portion of most days for taking baby steps towards the career change, too.

Iíll need to post to a few others here today to close with them until the weekend (Heís telling me to be frugal but flexible with my posting time.). Afterwards, Iíll post to this thread to clarify my vision concerning careers and what I must do. Goody, you have been a real lifeline to me since starting this thread and I donít see that changing. Most things discussed on this board are uncomfortable to discuss with our real world friends. You have provided great balance to my wifeís input and I value both very much. I will check for unsolicited input from you on most days because you have this metaphysical thing going on that at times knows more about me than I do.

Forever on the same roadtripÖ -Heartland

goody2shuz 02-23-2005 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]Goody, sometimes I think we are like Donnie & Marie. Youíre a little bit country; Iím a little bit rock n roll. But when I think of one, I canít help thinking of the other. :) Sorry, I didnít post yesterdayÖ too much turmoil. (BTW, are the hippie days really over? Seriously, I was like President Bill... I took one puff but didnít inhale. I just wasnít cut out to be a smoker[/QUOTE] Donnie & Marie, huh ;) I can see that and I really had a thing for Donny when I was a teen....still like seeing him on Pyramid :D And, like you, my first & last puff was leaving the nursing home after visiting my greatgrandma and my brother picking up a lit cig my dad threw, him taking a puff and handing it off to me, and ME getting caught and the punishment as well :D And Heartland....no apologies for not posting..if you do not respond i know that you are tending to Job One which is what you should be oding. I know you'll always come back to the road where we will walk for a while. ;)

[QUOTE=heartland]Yesterday, I called a family friend who does public speaking. As a speaker, sheís been to some amazing places outside the continental USA. We discussed the realities of the jobÖ itís rarely full time, pay seems proportional to travel distance, etc. We discussed its business aspects and other people who could guide me. We compared personalities a bit to see if I have what it takes. Sheís a perfectionist, an idealist and, yes, sheís passionate when she speaks. She said she was an extrovert. I said, ďOh, Iím an introvert...Ē She said, ďReally, I never would have guessed that. You seem like an extrovert to me.Ē Goody, I think itís possible, very tough but possible.[/QUOTE] That's GREAT that you called the friend. And to be honest, Heartland, I never really saw you as an introvert either. Ever since I met you here you seem to be reaching out to others and never afraid of doing so....to me that's an attribute of an extrovert. Perhaps you are looking back at yourself before you went to college....I was rather shy like you but college allowed me to grow more outward....must be around the time I discovered self love. But even still....to this day that little girl still lives within me. Maybe it's the same with you and when you get scared you identify more with that little boy????

[QUOTE=heartland]Afterwards, I felt a bit overwhelmed by the implications. Over the last few years, Iíve become disorganized, too, letting lots of small but important tasks slide. Since then, I hadnít been true to myself until I joined these boards. While I thought I was posting to help others, I was actually growing and regaining some self-esteem. At the perfect moment, you started this thread. Now I realize I need more than a career change; I got to be me. I need to clean up my act, starting in my home office. The roomís disorganized state suited the old despondent me but now it needs a clean sweep to match the real me. (Iím sorta scared of what Iíll find in some piles.) Sometimes one must take a step back before taking a running start to hurdle a large obstacle. For the moment, organization and cleanup is Job One. As I purge the clutter in the room, Iíll be purging clutter in my mind. Iíll reserve a portion of most days for taking baby steps towards the career change, too.[/QUOTE] Great start, my friend, and already I can see how a little cleaning up is allowing you to reorganize your thoughts...next step is putting them into action.

[QUOTE=heartland]Iíll need to post to a few others here today to close with them until the weekend (Heís telling me to be frugal but flexible with my posting time.). Afterwards, Iíll post to this thread to clarify my vision concerning careers and what I must do. Goody, you have been a real lifeline to me since starting this thread and I donít see that changing. Most things discussed on this board are uncomfortable to discuss with our real world friends. You have provided great balance to my wifeís input and I value both very much. I will check for unsolicited input from you on most days because you have this metaphysical thing going on that at times knows more about me than I do.[/QUOTE] Hey....if i can help the Mrs. out and you at the same time....I'm up for it :angel: And as your friend I will not abandon you....of course I will always share any inspiring thoughts I may have with you.

Forever on the same roadtripÖ ~ Goody

heartlandguy 02-23-2005 09:10 AM

Great post, my friend. It's full of the sunshine I need; I hate the wind. ;)