It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• my girlfriend got attacked last night :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
    semid
    (male)

semid HB User
    my girlfriend got attacked last night :(

my girlfriend, who is thousands of miles away in another country, and a month or so away fro coming to see me, called me this morning, and said she just got attacked.

she was having a cup of coffe w/ her friend, till around 1130, and on her way walking home, this guy grabbed her from behind. She started screaming and she fell down and got her head bruised, and got her arm cut....luckily, someone was walking by, so the guy got scared and left...

my girlfriend then went to the nearest market and called her brother, and her brother called the cops for her.

I can't believe this happened......she was so scared, and now, I just don't know what to say or do....I mean, she told me how it was, and I just have this image of her falling down and screaming, and this figure coming towards her. this image, it's so...just so heart and tear jerking. gosh, I really did not know what to say when she told me. She really shouldn't have been out this late by herself, but this incident already happened, and I dont know what to do...

I'm just so scared that this would happen again........It's one of those things that I never ever expected to happen, and we are so lucky that she was alright....I just dont know what to do...

she usually goes to her students house to do private english tutor, and that is her occupation, and I just don't what advice to give her. Sometimes she comes back home at 9 or 10, and frankly, right now, I dont feel comfortable with her coming home at 7!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User
    Re: my girlfriend got attacked last night :(

I'm so sorry this happened to someone you care so much about and someone who is so far away, it's hard to give support long distance. The first thing to do is take a breath and be thankful it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Right now, I don't think she needs your advice so much as your support. Just let her know you love her, you're so glad she wasn't hurt worse, and let her vent about it if she needs to. Of course, any woman should never walk alone after dark, so you might want to gently suggest that she have a buddy with her at all times when she has to walk after dark, or at the very least get some pepper spray. And by all means, DO NOT blame her for being attacked. Perhaps she could have taken precautions, but she did not cause this or bring it on herself. Just let her know you love and support her and wish you could be there to put your arms around her. That's what she needs most right now, I think.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #3
    semid
    (male)

semid HB User
    Re: my girlfriend got attacked last night :(

yea....I didn't blame her for what happened, I tried to be as supportive as possible...I mean, I never had anything this serious happen in my life before, so I just dont know how to react....I just can't get the image out, of what *could* have happened.....but i'm so thankful that she is alright......

Closed Thread