It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Obsessed and HATING it! Please help me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #16
    Lalli
    Inactive
    (female)

Lalli HB User
    Re: Obsessed and HATING it! Please help me

I've already applied to a bunch of places, some in the mall (i wouldn't see him, he's afriad of crowds, plus he's very superficial and only shops at express for men) and i'm trying to think of other places in the area, i'm trying to stay away from a waitress job because I have a really poor short-term memory, even when I write things down.

kdes:
    I never had sex with my ex. But I did have some sort of connection. For some reason, growing up, I would either like a guy because I saw him on a regular basis, or because I knew we had one of the same interests, if my friend like the guy, or if i think the guy likes me. And if one of those was true, regardless of what he looked like, I would fall for him. Now, before I started working with my ex, the guy I went out with before him and I would go into the pharmacy to get a cold drink whenever we were at the mall. I thought my ex (we'll call him 'the addict') was really goofy looking and never thought I could find him attractive in the least.
    Well I started working there, and because of the attention I got, I started to like him. We both liked animals a lot and wanted lots of pets some day. We both liked oldies music (which is a big interest for me), umm, I don't know what I was thinking. What usually happens is this, I find out our "same interest" isn't exactly the same, so I no longer like them or find them attractive, which should have been the case in the beginning. But with the addict, the "same interest" continued to be the "same interest" so nothing was able to turn me off, so thats why the relationship continued, even though he told me he thought he was bisexual and wanted to have sex with a lot of girls and thought about it a lot.

But for some reason that's what happens to me a lot, I go out with ugly guys. This guy showed interest in the beginning so I did too because of it, plus, several years ago the addict worked in a different part of the mall and my friend liked him and the rest of us thought he was the ugliest thing in the world and made fun of her for it, but anyway, my friend had liked him.

For some reason this is usually what makes me like a guy, I don't know why.

Does this happen to anyone else? Has anyone ever heard of something this ridiculous? Is anyone else's relationships ruled by interest and not by compatibility?

Last edited by Lalli; 03-18-2005 at 07:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #17
    Lalli
    Inactive
    (female)

Lalli HB User
    Re: Obsessed and HATING it! Please help me

It's such a shame too, this is the first job of 6 that i've liked. And I like it a lot. I got my new bf hired there and hoped that the addict would quit, since he should get fired anyway for alway being late and can't perform all the job requirements because of his OCD.

Closed Thread