It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• PLEASE HELP! Is it over or is there a hope?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #166
    BLUE EYED LADY
    Veteran

BLUE EYED LADY HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! Is it over or is there a hope?

He is enjoying playing with your mind. He keeps on calling you because he wants the SICK satisfaction of knowing he can still control you. He wants the relationship on his terms when he feels like it and off when he doesn't want to be bothered. He is treating you worse than an animal.
    Under no circumstances should you answer any of his calls any longer. Change your phone number to an unlisted telephone number if you need to and block off all e-mails to him.(He is not calling you on your work number is he?) He is harrassing you right now. Seriously, this man is ill. He needs help from a professional. I know you have been told over and over by others the SAME advice basically. Now YOU need to make the choice either to continue letting him badger you emotionally OR do the healthy thing for yourself and CUT OFF ALL TIES immediately. DO NOT E-MAIL HIM BACK ANY RESPONSE. You will be giving him the satisfaction that he wants and this will be detrimental to your emotional health.
    If you do not take the advice from us, YOU WILL be in the SAME situation in 10 years from now letting this LOSER control you.
    DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS. LIKE I SAID, HE HAS DEEP EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS AND SOUNDS LIKE HE IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR. FOR YOUR OWN SANITY, DO NOT EVEN READ THE GARBAGE HE WRITES.

Last edited by BLUE EYED LADY; 05-23-2005 at 11:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #167
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

I know you have strong feelings for this guy, LY, but it's seriously time to think with your head, not your heart. I knew this guy was bad news before, I've never made any secret about how much I do NOT like this guy, but NOW, after his latest antics, I can't understand why you are even thinking about keeping him in your life. Let's review.

He drives you crazy, so you break up with him. You change your mind and ask him to take you back, so he does, then he breaks up with you, but says "you have so many qualities so worth to me" so he says let's keep in touch. He visits you Easter weekend, is all lovey dovey, has sex with you, then just before he leaves, he says "now remember, we're not boyfriend/girlfriend anymore, so don't cry or I'll have to never see you again if it's going to hurt you." Then he blows you off, saying he doesn't mind talking to you but you ruin it with all your "questions" about your relationship and you have to "lower your love", until he wants a place to sleep and a warm body to hump on while he's in your area, so he calls you, and you say "no, it's too soon, I still have feelings for you and am not ready to do the "just friends" thing" so he gets mad, blows you off the whole weekend, so you block him on the internet thing to keep yourself from talking to him and from keeping tabs on him in an attempt to get on with your life. He notices, contacts you and calls you filthy names and says mean, nasty things to you for blocking him. You say "I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think it's for the best. Bye." So he says "Oh, I'm so sorry, I guess you hate me now, I don't want you to hate me, I want to stay in your life, I want to be friends!!! Please talk to me!!"

Have I got that all right? This guy has no idea what he wants, he doesnt' know how to treat a lady, he is not the least bit concerned with your feelings and your welfare and what's best for you. He is erratic, and I agree, he is harrassing you now. So tell me again why you're confused about whether to stay friends and keep him in your life??? This is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I don't want to judge you, LY. I've been there. I know what it's like to be so hopelessly in love with someone who just isn't very good for us, but at the time, you just don't care, you'd rather be with him and let him destroy your life than feel the unbearable pain and loneliness of not being with him. I know how hard it is. I don't know what else I can say to you. As an objective observer, I can see that this man will make you utterly miserable as long as you allow him to. He enjoys keeping you in a constant state of confusion and instability, not knowing where you stand with him, he's enjoying keeping you on a string and playing with you like you were a yo-yo. If you love yourself at all, you'll stop letting him. But I know sometimes it can be so easy to love somoene else more than you love yourself. It can be easier to just let yourself crash against him and let him destroy you just to have him near you and just to not be lonely anymore, but in the long run, it can really hurt you, and the hurt he is inflicting now can take the rest of your life to mend, if you ever do. I wish you would love yourself enough to say "I'm done playing these games, this guy doens't love me, doesn't want me, he just likes playing games with me, and I'm better than that" and never contact him again. I'd love to see you put the blame where it belongs, on him. If he had cared about you at all, he would have understood that you loved him and he would have either respected your choice not to contact him until you were over the relationship without putting a guilt trip on you (I'm going to miss you, you're so special, I'm sorry you don't want to talk to me anymore, but I'l respect it blah blah blah) he didn't respect it, he used it as an opportunity to play with you. He wanted you around but on his terms, didn't want to talk about commitment, or his feelings for you or the future at all, got mad at you whenever you brought up the question of "will we be together again? Do you still love me?" And if he had given a crap about you, he NEVER would have been as nasty as he was to you for trying to move on with your life.

This is such an unhealthy situation on so many levels, LY, I just pray you can see that, and that soon you will love yourself enough to save yourself and kick him to the curb and move on while you still can, before he robs you of any more of your self esteem and confidence and self-security. Please think hard about it, LY.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #168
    sadie20
    (female)

sadie20 HB User

I agree with everyone else, this guy is totally messing with your head. As before if you agreed with him then he would let you down again. Please don't contact him , he wants to lure you in just to let you go again. Be strong! xxx

Last edited by sadie20; 05-23-2005 at 01:02 PM.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:56 PM   #169
    lovingyou

lovingyou HB User

He called my house

My housemate didn't know I was in so he told him that I am not at home. Appareantly HE told my housemate he will call later. He then tried my mobile again and he left a message.. he sounds really down and sad. He said that he has got something important to tell me and he pleaded me to answer because he doesn't want to us to end things this way!

I feel nervous... it's so hard! It's like I am scared to give in just in case he will end the phone call in a bad way and I will be upset again and he will feel stronger! Unfortunately after everything I cannot trust him that the phone call will be a good one...

Old 05-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #170
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lovingyou
    He called my house

My housemate didn't know I was in so he told him that I am not at home. Appareantly HE told my housemate he will call later. He then tried my mobile again and he left a message.. he sounds really down and sad. He said that he has got something important to tell me and he pleaded me to answer because he doesn't want to us to end things this way!

I feel nervous... it's so hard! It's like I am scared to give in just in case he will end the phone call in a bad way and I will be upset again and he will feel stronger! Unfortunately after everything I cannot trust him that the phone call will be a good one...

You know, the funny thing is, if the situation were reversed and the woman in the relationship were behaving like he is and you were the man in the situation, what would people think of the woman? That she's some sort of stalking neurotic psycho-bi***.

All I can say is I really don't think it matters what he has to say. It's too bad that your relationship had to end on a sour note, but it happens sometimes. What's he going to say that will magically make everything alright? If you can't trust him on the phone, then don't talk to him on the phone!! As far as him feeling stronger, it's not a power play. It's not a game. He's just a guy who didn't really care about you, and wanted to keep you around for convenience's sake, and now realizes he can't and is disappointed about that. But he's a big boy, he'll get over it. His feelings are not your responsibility. He's been calling the shots. He's the one who didn't want to be with you unless you would "lower your love" and be there on his terms only. That's not love, and that's not a healthy relationship. Leave him be.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #171
    sadie20
    (female)

sadie20 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ninispjc
    You know, the funny thing is, if the situation were reversed and the woman in the relationship were behaving like he is and you were the man in the situation, what would people think of the woman? That she's some sort of stalking neurotic psycho-bi***.

All I can say is I really don't think it matters what he has to say. It's too bad that your relationship had to end on a sour note, but it happens sometimes. What's he going to say that will magically make everything alright? If you can't trust him on the phone, then don't talk to him on the phone!! As far as him feeling stronger, it's not a power play. It's not a game. He's just a guy who didn't really care about you, and wanted to keep you around for convenience's sake, and now realizes he can't and is disappointed about that. But he's a big boy, he'll get over it. His feelings are not your responsibility. He's been calling the shots. He's the one who didn't want to be with you unless you would "lower your love" and be there on his terms only. That's not love, and that's not a healthy relationship. Leave him be.
    Totally agree and i can't add anymore, cause that's the way it is.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #172
    BLUE EYED LADY
    Veteran

BLUE EYED LADY HB User

Everything Nini has been telling you is correct in every way!!!!!!
    Do not call him. Please change your cell number and your phone number to unlisted numbers. Maybe if you explain someone is harrassing you, it will not cost you a fee.
    PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER HIS CALLS AND TELL YOUR ROOMATE NEVER TO PUT YOU ONE THE PHONE.
    REMEMBER, YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS. HE LIES!!!!!
    YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO HEAL IF THIS GUY STILL KNOWS HOW TO CONTACT YOU.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #173
    evy38
    Inactive
    (female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ninispjc
    LY, I think he only wants casual flings with you because men like sex. A lot. Many times they care more about getting sex than they care about what their actions are doing to your heart or your spirit. He knows you'll sleep with him, like you did last weekend, and he knows you're there to sleep with if he gets horny and needs sex and a little company, and he can leave again and go about his business, because he's told you he's not your boyfriend anymore. And he's told you if you cry or get sad when he takes off after he's gotten what he wants, then he'll break off contact all together because he "doesnt' want to make you sad." Which I think is emotional blackmail if you ask me. He knows you still love him. He knows you still want to be with him, so he's holding it over your head, saying "hey, I just want to have sex then go. Give that to me or you're out of my life completely." I really think if you thought as highly of yourself as you should, you'd tell him to have a nice life, see you in the funny papers, and delete his email addy and text addresses and move on. I know you miss him. I know you want him back. I get it. Boy do I ever get it. I've been there. But trust me, most times it's a dead end road. He'll come in, be sweet to you, sleep with you, then disappear again, until he falls in love with another woman. I sure wouldn't want to be around to see that if I were stil in love with him, would you? Are you prepared for the day he emails you or texts you telling you he's met someone special? You're still inventing reasons to contact him, you're still strategizing trying to figure out the best way to play this so he'll come back. You really need to break off all contact with him, but you're scared to because then you feel you'll never get back with him, and you still picture yourself with him one day. But how many great love stories have you heard of when the guy breaks up with the girl, moves on, but she hangs on around him like a puppy dog until he grudgingly comes back? Not many I bet. That's not how it works. It's possible he may change his mind one day, but the thing is, you can't MAKE him change his mind, and that's too fragile a thing to pin any real hopes on. You say you're still holding out hope. That's the first thing you need to stop doing. You need to accept that at least for now, he's not your boyfriend anymore, and he doesn't want to be. He said so. You'll keep feeling sad as long as you keep asking "how could he be so nice and not want to be with me, how could he be so romantic, sleep with me, then act like we're not together anymore" you could waste years of your life asking those questions or you can accept the situation as it is now and start healing yourself. If you feel you must text him back, a simple "hi! My weekend was great, went to the beach with friends, hoping job will be great too. Thanks. See you." will do. That's the level that he wants the relationship to be on. You can't make him want more. The best thing you can do now is focus on your own life, your friends, which you are extremely lucky to have, imagine going through this without them, and focus on your job and your life. Concentrate on putting him on the back burner.
    Hi LovingYou,
    Please reread this VERY wise post, written by Nini. I think it will help you be strong now when you really need to be. He is becoming desperate because he knows he's loosing someone who will love him, give him unattached sex when he wants it and let him go. He has lost control and he doesn't like it. If you give in to him now he will humiliate you again and I don't want to see that happen to someone as loving as you appear to be.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #174
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

LY, just wanted to check in, see how you're doing today. Is that guy still harrassing you? Let us know how you're doing, K?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #175
    lovingyou

lovingyou HB User

Hello everyone,

thanks so much for your replies! I am so weak ! I gave in...

I answered his phone call finally after he sent me a long long email explaining that he is sorry and that he is hurting and can't sleep and can't concentrate on his work and tha the has realised how much he had hurt me before...anyway, he said he realised things and so on.

So I answered but I was very cold with him. He was so happy but he asked me how could I do this to him. I said to him if he wants to blame, I will not talk to him. He said he was sorry. He asked me if he could call me in the evening. So he did and we had a nice conversation and then he said to me that he thinks that we should take things slowly and we shouldn't put pressure on each other. We kept emailing each other and he explained himself that he thinks that if we just jump straight back into the relationship that it would be wrong and he does not want to hurt me again... He said that we should take our time.. we shouldn't rush into anything. I agreed with him but I also told him that I do not want to feel unimportant and taken for granted.

Anyway, in his last email he sent he said this

As i said in my previous email and i'm happy u have the same opinion on it, I dont want to rush with us in order to avoid problems later. We went through too many problems and i really dont want to have to live that again. I think for u it's the same. I like u a lot but at the same time i spent with u not very great moments and i'd like to forget these moments. WHat i mean with going slowly, is to keep the door open to give us the chance to be together again and see if both we feel like it again. The things between us should come by themselves without any pressure on us. If we feel good together and want to get closer to each other we will do it but if we dont feel it, we won't do it. It must come from both of us because we feel good together. Going slowly is going step by step to see how we feel and each time seeing if we want to go further. It works for both of us. If it's too quick for one of us, we slow down. We need to know if it can work between us because too many times we had to fight and now none of us want to do that again: too much pain has already affected us. If it's to live again the arguments we had together i think it's not worthy , but if it's to live our good moments we could have together , it is worthy and in this case i can tell u, i'd be sure i want to be with u and i wont have any other hesitations with u. But too many times we had to face doubts. I want to start from scratch with u again because i'm not confident in
    us. I didnt say you're not worthy (that's why i'm striving to find solutions)
    but i dont feel sure after what we had to face together. Going slowly then
    means that we should give us the time to be sure about us without any
    pressure. And if we cant be sure and see it doesnt work, at least we tryed
    because we both thought it's worthy. Sometimes people try for what they want even if at the end they realise it doesnt work because it's not exactly what they want or just because they cant succeed.

About your second point, i never said i want to see u sometimes to have fun and that's it. I know u're not this kind of girl who can accept that and as i respect u, i dont want to do that to u. If we finally decide to be together again, i will not be unfaithful to u and have fun when u're not here. It's a matter of respect! If we decide to be together, we should be enough for each other and we shouldnt need to see somewhere else. But that's a big problem i think for us that i'm mentionning here. I 'm quite worried about the distance. When we were still together, i didnt see u enough times, i wasnt satisfied by the fact that we only met once every month or 2months. That's also a reason why i wanted to see something else because i physically needed it. I dont know how we could manage to see more if we decide to be together and i'm quite worried about that. Because spending evenings on the phone or on *** dont satisfy me and i think u neither. i need real contacts. This problem is also a
    problem which makes me unsure about us.

Anyway, he called me after because he wanted to talk about the email and what I thought. I told him that there is nothing I can do about the distance. He said that he is not satisfied with the distance and that we should try to find a solution. When Iasked him when we can meet he said to me that it's going to be difficult for him to meet me before August since in July he has to leave for the USA to work for a month. I got a bit upset and he said I was too demanding. Anyway, the next day he emailed me at work and said that he was sad because each time we had the opportunity to talk I was cold and distant with him. I called him yesterday to tell him that it's not meant to be and he was tired after a night out and I thought he didn't sound that happy... Anyway, the conversation went wrong and he said again that he is not satisfied with me and that he never sees me and that we always have to discuss "us" and that we always end up arguing.. I said to him "ok if you are not satisfied with me, I will not call you again then. you don't sound happy anyway" and he got upset and said "why do you always have to make such an extreme conclusion!?? Why can't you take it easy? Why do you complicate things so much! That's the reason why I am not with you anymore!" I said to him "but if you want me to be here for you only when you feel like having a chat it's not fair and you are not meeting any of my needs". He said "and you are meeting any of my needs? You are always upset with me and you never appreciate my efforts! I have been trying so hard to find a solution for us! Show me one guy who would be happy with this situation" I said to him "ok if you are not happy I am leaving" And he said "I am leaving too because my efforts are useless for you" I said to him "ok then good bye" and I put the phone down on him!

I haven' heard from him. This happened yesterday. I am feeling down. Maybe I made a mistake again!! I should have just taken the things slowly I know!! What should I do?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #176
    lovingyou

lovingyou HB User

I spoke to him yesterday on chat line and he told me that i haven't been really nice to him recently and that for me it's always either everything or nothing.. black and white! He refused to talk about us and he said I haven't given him anything in the last months.. I said to him because he ended the relationship I had nothing to give.. Anyway, he was not very nice, quite mean to me.. At the end he said he wants to take a rest so I said "ok then" and he then said "im sure you are upset and he said it's a good start for us ( ironically)" He left the conversation and I could feel he was cold and distant with me.

Also I found out that he even blocked me on *** but why? After all these efforts he is prepared to walk away? He said that I am always upset with him and he feels like he can't do anything right with me.. I sent him an email today asking me why has he tried so hard telling me that we could have a chance together and now he has pushed me away again? He hasn't responded! I think he wants to leave now and forget all about me! It hurts so badly because he was trying so hard, he was so nice to me, sending me long emails but after our 2 last conversations he must have thought that it's not worth it because we were discussing when we could meet. He said that I am too demanding and that I am not taking it slowly and that he can't meet me before August.. But the problem for me is that he never says anything for sure?? What do you think I should do? Why was he making so many efforts and now he has gone again? He seems upset with me and yesterday he wasn't really that happy to talk to me?? I feel so upset Please help. I know I am weak but he really has been trying so hard with me.. and now

Old 06-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #177
    Hiya
    Inactive
    (female)

Hiya HB User

Hi lovingyou - wow, I'm sorry this thing has been going on so long. From what I can see, it looks like you two just have different wants and needs now. Despite what you say and what you tell this guy, it looks like the truth is, you really don't want to take it slow and get to know each other again. You want to jump right back into a full-on relationship right now, and you get hurt when he doesn't want to jump with you. He doesn't want a real solid relationship with you now, he's made that pretty clear. I suggest, if it's that important to you to keep this guy in your life at all costs, send him a nice email wishing him well on his job and that you'll see him on August. I also strongly suggest that for the rest of June and July, you refuse to allow yourself to think, talk, dream, wonder, ask or otherwise obsess about him. Get as involved with friends as possible. Date around. Go out to clubs or lectures or classes, and smile at the cute guys and see what else is out there. I understand that you love this guy and you're still hoping he will love you again someday, but I think it's a really big mistake to just hang around someone, waiting for them to love you, and browbeating them with questions and a "why don't you love me, why don't you want to be with me NOW??!!" attitude when they don't love you back as much and as fast as you want them to. You can't force him to love you more than he does. You need to really back offBut at the same time, don't give him all the power. By getting as involved in your life as possible, by building a life that doesn't necessarily include him, you're taking control over your own life and you have your own power. Then when you're satisfied with your life and he comes back in August, you can say, if you're still available and haven't been swept off your feet by a wonderful man who will love you like you want to be loved, you can say to this guy "this is my life, you can be a part of it or not."

Old 06-14-2005, 03:04 PM   #178
    lovingyou

lovingyou HB User

I seemed to have pushed him away completely! I guess you are right I wanted to jump straight back without taking the time... But why has he stopped talking to me? I know he said that I am always upset with him and not nice to him.. Should I just leave him alone? He hasn't responded to my email today so I guess he realised that it's not worth it and he left for good as he said!

Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #179
    LABOR
    (female)

LABOR HB User

To Me He Is Just Confused. He Does Not Know What He Wants. He Wants To Be Single By The Way You Describe It You Can Tell . .. Just Let Him Go And If It Was Meant To Be It Will Be Trust Me.. Look My Best Friend 25 She Dated This Guy Since High School They Went Out For 5 Yrs Or So They Broke Up Three Years Later And Now They Are Married... You See You Just Need Time Off Like That He Can Make Up His Mind And He Can Stop Playing Games W You.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #180
    BLUE EYED LADY
    Veteran

BLUE EYED LADY HB User

Loving You,
    He is doing the SAME thing to you that he has done before. He only wants to talk to you when he thinks he has totally lost all contact with you. As soon as he is reassured that you still care about him, he pulls away again. As I and others have told you before, he is using you and he has emotional problems. He only wants you when he thinks he does not have you. He is getting some sick pleasure out of doing this.
    Please re-read the old posts and hopefully you will see this is the same old pattern. Nothing has changed. Until you forever cut off all contact with him, he will continue to play with your emotions forever and continue to hurt you.
    PLEASE LET HIM GO FOR YOUR SAKE!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HEAL AND FIND LOVE AGAIN UNTIL YOU PERMANENTLY LEAVE HIM.
    PLEASE LOVE YOURSELF AND GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Last edited by BLUE EYED LADY; 06-14-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Closed Thread