It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Do girls go for mostly "bad boys" or "Nice guys" i cant get over this. Please insight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #1
    kdes
    (male)

kdes HB User
    Question Do girls go for mostly "bad boys" or "Nice guys" i cant get over this. Please insight

Hi there.

I do not understand

Do girls go for mostly "bad boys" or "Nice guys"? In my experience, and my friends that i speak to all say it seems that girls go for "bad boys" and not "nice guys". Which i do not understand. It seems that girls like to be treated badly. That girls like "bad boys" cause its a challenge and that "nice guys" are not challenging.

If its true that girls prefer "bad boys" then why??

I always thought that girls prefer to be treated with honesty, kindness, and respect, to be treated like queens. Is it not true that its the "nice guys" that provide that?

It almost seems that as soon as girls get that. They dont want it anymore?

Please any input and insight into this will be great. Its driven me mad.

And thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
    Blue102

Blue102 HB User
    Re: Do girls go for mostly "bad boys" or "Nice guys" i cant get over this. Please insight

I think different types of people go for different types. I personally prefer the nice guys. I like a guy who's sweet, sensitive, maybe a little shy. I like a guy who won't make me wonder what he's doing when I'm not around.

Then again, my sister likes the 'bad boys', the guys who treat her bad and are unpredictable. I think it's because they tend to be fun and exciting, and she likes that. She doesn't like the fact that they treat her bad.

Not all girls go for the bad boys. Chill. You're cool just the way you are!

Old 03-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
    greeneyes100
    Inactive
    (female)

greeneyes100 HB User
    Re: Do girls go for mostly "bad boys" or "Nice guys" i cant get over this. Please ins

I think younger women prefer the bad boys because they are a challenge and they haven't really developed their self-esteem to the point where they can accept a man who truly loves them. When I was in my twenties and even thirties, I always went for the "bad boys". Now that I have matured, I'm more interested in meeting someone who can truly give back and is looking for a give and take relationship.

It's always good to be a challenge at first, but if you keep going for the people that really don't care about you, you always end up being hurt.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #4
    lisa24
    Inactive
    (female)

lisa24 HB User
    Re: Do girls go for mostly "bad boys" or "Nice guys" i cant get over this. Please insight

This question drives me nut! I thought we cleared up - it's not about being a 'nice guy' or being a 'bad boy'

It's about multitudes of OTHER characteristic traits these people possess.
    Confidence being at the top of them.
    Just be YOU, be proud of being YOU, and go from there.

And nice guys DO really win, in the END.

And another reason it "appears" bad boys have so much more is because their relationships are normally tumultuous, therefore drawing more attention.
    There are just as many 'nice guys' out there with gf's, you just aren't hearing about them because they aren't trying to draw all the attention to their relationship.
    Because they are happy and satisfied, they don't have to run around b****ing about their problems to everyone else.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

I never went for the bad boys, even as a teenager. I always went for the quiet, deep-thinking band geeks and guitar players. I never went for guys who talked tough or treated girls badly. I didn't fall in love until I was 30, but when I finally did, it was with a mild-mannered, generally kind-hearted guitar playing old fashioned Catholic boy. He wasn't a bad boy, but he did have a dark side. After much consideration on my own issues, I think I tend to think I go for the moody, brooding guys because I'm actually kind of the same way. I'm not emotionally healthy enough to attract the really stable, steady, really emotionally together guys. And they never seem to like me at all. So if a girl goes for the "bad boys" then most likely it's because she has some emotional baggage to work out for herself. In that case, why would you want that kind of girl anyway? Hang in there. There are girls out there who do appreciate being treated well and with respect. Now, don't confuse being a nice guy with being a doormat. All women like a guy with confidence and strength. But if you can't find a girl who appreciates being treated well, then yo may be looking in the wrong places. Are you the kind of guy who's attracted to "bad girls?" Are you going for the potty-mouthed, hip hugger mid-driff wearing, smoking out behind the school type of girls, or are you going for the nice, respectful, studious, good girls in band or the debating team?

Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 PM   #6
    kdes
    (male)

kdes HB User

Thank you to all that replied. There are really good points. And thank you for the support.

It seems at a younger age its "bad boys". But then latter on its the "nice guys".

Maybe because im still young, early 20s and the girls i meet are still young to. Its the "bad boys" for now. And hopefully latter on when im older it will be the "nice guys" i hope.

But i guess it depends in the end what you like.

Whats the best way to find the "nice girls"? Its seems they are always in hiding. The girls i meet always seem to be the outgoing girls.

I just dont know if im compatible with outgoing girls. Is it possible for an outing going girl and a nice guy to "click" make things work?

Thank you again

Old 03-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
    Arraicha
    Veteran
    (female)

Arraicha HB User

Some outgoing girls do go for quiet guys, but from what I've seen, the relationships doesn't go all that well.

Quiet and "nice" people seem to be hard to find in general (which would maybe explain why bad people seem to have all the relationships). The tend to hide behind their more outgoing friends, or in their houses. I can't stand "bad boys" myself and spend many years very frustrated that I couldn't find anyone I was attracted to.

The strategy for meeting quieter people seems to be the "friend of a friend" method. That and clubs for people with "quiet" intersts.

Closed Thread