It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Do girls like to take it slow?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
    micro
    (male)

micro HB User
    Do girls like to take it slow?

So this girl I met for about two weeks is someone who I find absolutely adorable and cute. She has this great personality and vibe in her that I find attractive.

I have feelings for her and I told her how I felt. At first she was like, this is happening all too fast because we met for such a short time. So I was like, forget everything I said and I walked away. She chased after me and stopped me and looked at me speechless. I told her again, that I did have feelings for her and if she didn't believe me it was okay. Then later on, I went by to my room, she came with me and we talked about everything and the things I said. Eventually we kissed and she spent the night over. That was about it, nothing more.

Anyway, her background is that she has had failed relationship a few times and sometimes feel as if she lost all confidence in men.

Anyway...its been a few days since and nothing has really changed. We don't really do anything. When we're alone, we tend to be more intimate with each other...hugging, snuggling together...but thats about it. Nothing more...I tried to kiss her, but she avoids it..

I'm not trying to rush or anything and I really want to reassure her and make her confident about a relationship, if there is to be one... I'm not sure if I'm reading her signals correctly, but the intimacy and all that makes me think as if she is trying to slowly accept me. One thing I know, is that she knows I'm a caring person...so I guess thats good.

What can I do in the mean time? Is she trying to slowly gather herself to accept me?

Thanks, I'd appreciate some of your insights.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
    dsleik
    Inactive
    (female)

dsleik HB User
    Re: Do girls like to take it slow?

2 wks is too short of time to explain your feelings. you can still let her know you care about her and want to see where it goes but leave it at that...im sure you have. try and rebuild her confidence in men to assure her that not all men are jerks and after one thing... and you can do that by taking things slow.....dont try to kiss her any more if she is avoiding it because she will feel too pressured. she clearly wants to give it a try if she chased after you and continues to hang out and cuddle, etc. yes i think the intimacy is her deciding factor in accepting you and getting to know you without you being to pressuring. i think its a turn-on when guys suggest to take a relationship slow. it shows they care more about us and who we are then getting what they want. alot of girls think that guys are after only one thing, especially when it moves too fast. just keep it slow and not too overwhelming. good luck

Closed Thread