It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• I'm in love with a mentally ill person

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #16
    connorc7
    (female)

connorc7 HB User
    Re: I'm in love with a mentally ill person

Ugh...so he is out of town this weekend visiting his mother. He told me that he probably wouldn't talk to me until he came back, he wanted time to himself. (Here we go again...him needing space for whatever reason. Even though he wants to spend 24/7 with me and calls me at least 8 times a day when I am away from him.) He called when he arrived to let me know his flight arrived safely.

Now I'm left wondering...how he will feel when he gets back. I'm the one on edge worrying, and filled with anxiety. It sometimes feels like I can never be completely secure because of his conflicting mood swings.

Okay...okay...I feel better just venting. I know that everything will be fine. I love him, and it is worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #17
    nadine
    (female)

nadine HB User

I agree, loving a mentaly ill person is difficult. but if you love him, maybe things can work out if both of you are willing to put in the effort.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #18
    connorc7
    (female)

connorc7 HB User

Why do I feel like I am the one with a mental illness? He is not getting back until Monday, and I really miss him.

Why is it that I am feeling so insecure? I'm afraid he is feeling to overwhelmed again, and I'm left wondering what he will be feeling when he gets home. I am constantly on an emotional rollercoaster, depending on his state. Will I ever be able to feel completely secure with his condition?

Old 02-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #19
    connorc7
    (female)

connorc7 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nadine
    I agree, loving a mentaly ill person is difficult. but if you love him, maybe things can work out if both of you are willing to put in the effort.

nadine,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'm committed to him entirely. His illness sometimes makes him waiver. Those are the times that send me into a frenzy. I still haven't mastered the ability to separate my emotions, from my knowledge of his illness and the results it causes.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #20
    charlatans
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

charlatans HB User

connorc-
    i think you should see how things go...its going to be difficult, we all know that, but its how youre going to make it easier and more managable...
    love is such a strong emotion, it can do wonders, it flourishes even after being to hell and back- you can make it work...but there is always the chance of failure but dont stop untill you know you cant take it or do anymore...but right now it sounds as tho you have a lot to give- go for it
    you cant predict the future
    lets see how it goes
    counselling is a good idea for you both
    i wish you all the best

Old 02-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #21
    ruby-red
    (female)

ruby-red HB User

How are you going Connorc7
    just popped in to say thinking of you, I had a rough weekend, partner had great hissy fit and I moved out for a few days, back now.! I am seriously beginning to think that most males have some kinda brain defect !!!
    isnt it weird how you can become reliant on a male, when I think we know deep down that its not actully in our best innterests to be around them. As they say, cant live with them and cant live without them.
    Hope your weekend was ok and you got some peace, and off your emotional rollercoaster!
    I agree with the girls,well I am guessing they are girls just take it day by day, or as I like to say minute by minute.
    xx Ruby

Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #22
    connorc7
    (female)

connorc7 HB User

[QUOTE=ruby-red]How are you going Connorc7
    just popped in to say thinking of you, I had a rough weekend, partner had great hissy fit and I moved out for a few days, back now.! I am seriously beginning to think that most males have some kinda brain defect !!!
    isnt it weird how you can become reliant on a male, when I think we know deep down that its not actully in our best innterests to be around them. As they say, cant live with them and cant live without them.

Thanks for thinking of me. Things aren't so great right now. I know I just need to be patient. I just wish I had someone to talk to, besides my therapist...and my priest. LOL. My family and friends just seem to think I should end this relationship...when I really just need someone to listen with an open mind.

I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. Is everything okay?

Thanks for your support!

xo connor

Old 03-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #23
    ruby-red
    (female)

ruby-red HB User

HI
    Sorry been off line for awhile,
    yes all good, as I say MEN ! anyhow I have handed in resignation from depressing job of 6 years and am looking to do something different, lordy knows what, so am abit anxious, but have some $$ to get by for awhile.
    he proposed to me as well, probably out of remorse, so life is full, and I dont know about the marriage bit yet.
    And you hows your man?
    Ruby

Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #24
    All_Sevens
    Inactive
    (male)

All_Sevens HB User

Connor,

You are in a very difficult position. I was in a similar situation during a three-year relationship with someone who had significant problems with anxiety, depression, and physical symptoms. At times, when I needed support, she just could not be there because of these problems; the line of communication would just evaporate. Two different therapists suggested that I get out of the relationship. However, I'd never had such a strong connection with anyone in my life-- my conversations and experiences with her were often pure magic.

Finally, things fell apart for me on visit to see her family. I just lost my patience, and decided to get out of the relationship in an abrupt manner. That was almost two years ago, and I've missed her almost every day since. The problem for me is that I burned the bridge to the person I loved the most. She has told me that the relationship is irreconcilable.

Whatever you do, try to maintain the friendship. It's very important.

Closed Thread