It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• It all comes down to respect and attitude.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
    Mr.G
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Mr.G HB User
    It all comes down to respect and attitude.

Realtionships all come down to respect and your attitude. This is something that I have learned receantly. Not just respecting others but respecting yourself. Self-respect is #1 priority. Without self-respect you have nothing. You really just have to demand respect, from everyone around you. I dont mean just telling people to respect you. But letting people know when they are infringeing your personal rights and space. To let them know when their behavior is bothering you. I dont think telling people that there way of living is wrong is a good idea. But when they disrespect you, you have to let them know that. I have been weak in the past...and people thrive on weakness. They want you to have a spine and to stick up for yourself. Men and women both. Then there is the respect for others. Only respect the people that are worth respecting. Do not give into the low lives, I know I have in the past. I fin that if you respect yourself, respect others, and have a high self-esteem..relationships should never be a problem. I have not fully become capable of this yet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
    OutToLunch
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

OutToLunch HB User
    Re: It all comes down to respect and attitude.

Keep in mind that respect is a two-way street. You don't demand respect. You earn it. At the same time, someone has to earn yours as well. But I understand what you're trying to say. You have to be willing to stand up to people if it becomes necessary. Too many people let others walk all over them. I hear women complaining about how men treat them, but the truth is that men behave like jerks because there are too many women who let them. If someone treats you with disrespect and you do nothing, they'll just keep on doing it either because they think they can get away with it or because they just don't realize they're treating you badly. Over the years, I've learned that there's such a thing as being too tolerant. I've learned to hold people to higher standards, to expect better treatment, and to be less tolerant even if it costs me friendships.

Closed Thread