It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• girlfriend lies about little things all the time

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
    russss

russss HB User
    girlfriend lies about little things all the time

i am 24, male, been in this relationship for 5 months, was in the last relationship for 4 years, i learned a lot from it.
    so...
    my girlfriend now is 18, and she lies about little things a lot and its starting to bother me.
    an example: tonight i was just fooling around doing a handstand againt the wall and i say "oh look baby look cool huh? are you looking?" [no i am not an attention freak] so she says "yeah im looking". so i get down and ask her if she saw what i was doing and she says yes, then i ask her "ok what was i doing?" and she says i dont know...so i asked if she really saw and she says no im not feeling well...
    to make a story short we just had this big argument about why she couldnt have just said "no im not looking i dont feel well"
    but she has a tendency to lie about little things like this. we have talked about it befor but nothing has really changed.
    its not a really big deal right now but in the future i know it could lead to larger lies and a habit of lying and i dont want this.
    any help please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 05:28 AM   #2
    mys_star
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mys_star HB User
    Re: girlfriend lies about little things all the time

yeah, it could end up being a really big problem! The problem with little "white lies" is that usually they lead to bigger ones down the road. Now, what you described sounds like she was tired and just agreed with you to keep things short and sweet. I would not worry over that too much. However, if you notice that just about everything that comes out of her mouth is not the truth, then that's a different story. My (soon to be) ex husband lied about everything! In fact, I think he lies so much, he can't even distinguish the truth from a lie! Even when I caught him in lies, he still lied! Of course, there is no way to trust someone who lies all the time, so it's over between me and him. (plus he cheated)! Only time will really tell if you have anything to worry about so give it a chance for now and if you see that she's a habitual liar, don't even waste anymore of your time with her because you'll NEVER be able to trust her!

Closed Thread