It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriend told me to kill myself. Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
    mydogwhinesalot
    Inactive
    (female)

mydogwhinesalot HB User
    My boyfriend told me to kill myself. Help!

so like...my boyfriend is really mean. I was just talking to him and he was all "maybe you should just go kill yourself" because I disagreed with him or something. I mean, *** is that! He says it on a daily basis. Anytime I do something he doesn't like!! he also is constantly breaking up with me. If he thinks I have bad taste in music, he's like "that's it, it's over." or he'll call me an idiot or a ***** or something because I don't like the same movies he does. ugh!!!! he's always breaking up with me and then I'm like, all confused and stuff!

he also has this thing he does where he never freaking puts his dishes in the sink!! I'll go to get a cup in the kitchen and they'll all be gone!!! UGH!!! This is a deal breaker for me, as Dr. Phil would say! what should I do!!!

also I'm pretty sure he finds my living unattractive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: My boyfriend told me to kill myself. Help!

you know what to do......if it's a deal breaker you get rid of his ignorant buttt!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
    minnesotagirl
    Inactive
    (female)

minnesotagirl HB User

He is obviously emotionally abusive to you. Your boyfriend should never call you names like that. Your relationship is not normal and it is not healthy. You need to end it. Did you even realize you are being abused?

If you stay with him, he is going to continue to break you down emotionally and hurt your self esteem. He's not going to change. You can't change him. Believe me, I've been with "men" like him before, and I've spent years and years trying to change him, and it doesn't work at all.

You sound like you may be young. This guy is a waste of your life. No matter how much you think you love him, he is not that special. Victims of abuse tend to think that their partner is special and unlike anyone else they could find. But, that is only true in that he is more abusive than most other guys who would be more than happy to date you. Imagine how great it would be to be with a normal guy who doesn't insult you or get mad at every little thing. Do you always feel like you're "walking on eggshells?" That's yet another symptom of the abuse.

You need to get out of this relationship now. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but there is no defense for his actions. Stay, and he'll continue to act this way.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
    Unsure_88
    Inactive
    (female)

Unsure_88 HB User

I say you get out of it now, you should be treated like a queen in your mans present and you know what, My Hubby is into rap and I can't stand it AT ALL, (I'm into Alternative, Rock and stuff) but he respects my decision as I respect his. He won't listen to it as often when he is with me and will let me listen to my music since he also likes my music as well. That is no reason to get mad, you are who you want to be...he can't make your decisions, you make your own decision.
    Then for him to tell you to go kill yourself is a very rude remark that NO ONE should ever say to ANYONE, and for him to be your boyfriend and to say that is very very wrong...he should know better then that. You need a man who can treat you with respect and doesn't put you down for who you are.
    As I always tell people "Its better to be hated for who you are, then loved for who you are not" But in this case you are hated no matter what. He doesn't deserve you and you deserve better then him. He is the reason I put most men to shame...No man or woman should treat there significant others in any way like that. If you continue in this relationship you are allowing yourself to be as degrading as he is, and in a sense you are killing yourself emotionally for allowing yourself to put up with anything this scum bag has to offer you. He shouldn't be allowed to even walk the streets next to you...and I don't think you have to deal with this...if you do, I will be honest, you will lose EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING and no one will care to hear it a few months down the road. Don't let it get that far and LEAVE HIS PATHETIC SELF-CENTERED EGOTISTIC A** ALONE

Old 11-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
    xxbxbunnixx
    (female)

xxbxbunnixx HB User

Honestly i have just one thing to say WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL WITH HIM , I WOULD HAVE MY BOYFRIENDS AZZ OR ATLEAST BITITCHED HIM OUT AND DUMPED HIM . please girl get out of that relationship he seams likean azz

Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
    808Lion
    (male)

808Lion HB User

yeah... it's kind of scary that you even have to ask...
    would you consider yourself codependent?

Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
    galinaqt
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

galinaqt HB User

I am all for family but if question is to leave with abusive man who will put you in grave before time or be alone you much better of alone. Person should be basically descent, all other problems you can live with.
    Me and my husband have different taste in movies but it is not the reason to insult each other like that. I am agree with everybody else dump him asap. You can develop health and mental problems staying with somebody like that, keep it in mind.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
    Colt11
    (male)

Colt11 HB User

Get Out Now.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
    mydogwhinesalot
    Inactive
    (female)

mydogwhinesalot HB User

i dunno guys...i think your wrong about him. sometimes hes just a little mean. sometimes maybe i ask for it because my music DOES suck and i have terrible taste in movies. i mean, legally blonde IS my favorite. maybe hes just looking out for me. i mean, i don't argue that he can be an azz, cause he can. but i love him sooooooooooo much! like..i dunno, you know? i think maybe i just need to change a little more and he'd love me soooo much too. i really do think that would help in situations like these..maybe if the girl would just change, the guy wouldn't have to hit her or tell her to kill herself.

i just dunno!

Old 11-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
    lovinthev8
    Veteran
    (male)

lovinthev8 HB User

He's garbage. Ditch him. Please...

Old 11-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydogwhinesalot
    sometimes maybe i ask for it

i think maybe i just need to change a little more and he'd love me soooo much too.
    Are you for real? Do you have any idea how pathetic this is? Sorry but I have no sympathy if you decide to stay with this creep. This idiot guy has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. If he loved you for real, he would never disrespect you this way.

You can't possibly stay with someone like this! If ANY guy said this kind of stuff to me, he'd be carried out of my house in a body bag! Maybe not quite, but he'd be out the door faster than you can say, What just happened? I personally would NEVER put up with that kind of crapola from ANY guy, and I can't believe that YOU are putting up with it? You must not love yourself if you feel you have to change just to please some creep who tells you to kill yourself. What kind of guy does that? A creep and a pile of dog poo, that's what kind of guy.

I can't even believe you are defending him. Your response is the typical response for a desperate and co-dependant person who allows themselves to be abused. Is that really the kind of life you want for yourself? Because I personally would demand an apology first and then kick him to the curb next. There is no excuse for what he said to you. None at all.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #12
    808Lion
    (male)

808Lion HB User

i dunno... this is starting to sound REALLY far fetched...
    i'm starting to wonder if this is a troll job...
    maybe this person signed up just to start a ridiculous thread and incite people...

either that or mydogwhinesalot is VERY codependent and has some SEVERE self esteem issues and probably needs to address them right away...

Old 11-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #13
    mydogwhinesalot
    Inactive
    (female)

mydogwhinesalot HB User

umm...Lion, thats really unfair to say, seriously. i'm sorry if my problems seem so 'far fetched' to you but i really am dealing with this stuff. i've been told in the past that i do have self esteem issues, i just really dont like myself at all. sometimes i wonder if what my boyfriend is saying is true. i feel like i kind of deserve it.

i dunno, i came here for help because i don't feel like i can talk to anyone i know, but now people aren't believing me. i guess i understand why, i guess it DOES sound kind of crazy. but i'm not a 'troll' or whatever, just trying to start problems.

Last edited by mydogwhinesalot; 11-06-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #14
    808Lion
    (male)

808Lion HB User

the point of that?... there's not really a "point" to it...
    a lot of people just think it's fun to trick a bunch of people on a forum and create some crazy scenario and stir up reaction...

and like i said... if this is NOT the case, then you DEFINITELY need to talk to someone about your co-dependency and self esteem issues...
    NOBODY deserves to be treated the way you are being treated...
    you don't need someone who treats you the way you are saying your bf treats you in your life...
    he's clearly only adding to your negative self image and is probably going to continue to emotionally and verbally abuse you so he can manipulate and control you... which i'm guessing is all he's interested in doing and doesn't care about you in the least from what you've said...

take control of your life...
    walk away from this jerk and start doing something positive for YOU

Old 11-07-2006, 05:43 AM   #15
    ladyofkypros
    (female)

ladyofkypros HB User

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? If you are for real, then you're a classic, text book co-dependent, have NO self esteem and you WILL be the topic of the next Lifetime movie... abused and dead. I hate to say it, but if you stay with this creep, then your just asking for it...

Closed Thread