It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• He gets back in touch with me after several months...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
    CUCrusaders24
    (female)

CUCrusaders24 HB User
    He gets back in touch with me after several months...

Hey Everyone:

I wrote a while back about a guy I went on a few dates with a couple months ago whom I really liked. He is 31 and I am 23 and we seemed to hit it off well. To make a long story as short as can be: Basically, the last time I TALK talked to him was in September; we were talking 2-3 times each week, and he would always call when he said he would. One weekend, he said he would call if he could hang out that night and I didn't hear from him. He texted me two days later saying "how sorry he was" but that he had "left his phone at his friends and would have called but didn't know the number." YEAH, OKAY (I thought at the time) ... I took it as him not being interested and I got over it. I think I have really gotten used to men in my life being flakes, unfortunately.

He never called back and that was two months ago...Fast Forward to me sitting in the movie theatre with two friends the other night, and he sends me a text message out of the blue! He said he "hoped I was doing okay." I was a little taken aback but also a little ****** at the time. I sent one back and asked why he was sending me a message two months later. WELL, I sent one and told him I hoped he was doing okay also (just to be nice I guess) and he said he was "getting better" and said "I felt really bad and I also wasn't sure if you got my email from a while back." YEAH, didn't get any email from him, so I asked him what it said. He hasn't responded.

What should I make of this? Why would he contact me out of the blue after two months, and plenty of time for me to certainly think he was trying to tell me he wasn't interested? What the heck?!?!

Last edited by CUCrusaders24; 11-20-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
    lady346
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lady346 HB User
    Re: He gets back in touch with me after several months...

Mmmmm...sounds kinda sketchy. I have experienced this before actually. Hell, Ive had guys call me after a month, 6 mos. a year...I never can figure it out. I had a guy (who I met randomly in a bar, gave my number to, and then regretted it the next day and hence never picked up) call me after 4 months. I had met him for only about 15 min in a bar. I mean- it blows my mind.

I think part of it is just boredom. Part of me also thinks that some men (and women too) have 'little black books' in their cell phone...that way when they find themselves single, looking for some action, whatever, they have girls to call. This one guy who I made the mistake of thinking was 'dateable' wouldnt call me for 2, 3 weeks at a time...and then pop up and want to get together, always calling saying "heyyyyyy!" like we were long-lost pals. Then he would act really confused when I would say "who's this?" b/c his # wasnt in my phone anymore. But apparantly he thought it was normal behavior.

Maybe your guy suddenly found someone else to hit if off with, or an ex-gf came back in the picture...who knows. Now maybe that didnt work out, and hes back.

I mean, to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he really is interested again...but I dont know. Flaking out like that months back, and then making up (?) an email that he allegedly sent...and then not replying when you asked him what he was talking about...sounds weird.

I would just sort of write him off- respond when you hear from him if you want just to see what his deal his. But I wouldnt try to get any info out of him (like- "why havent you called me these past months?"). He doesnt sound like he is necessarily boyfriend material b/c guys that want to be your boyfriend don't leave you hanging for months after disappearing.

So, chat, text, whatever, but I dont know...I wouldnt put too much emphasis on him at all. I would write him off of my 'dateable list' unless he has a really good explanation, and my guess is, he wont (if hes avoided all attempts to give you one thus far). Its a shame you seemingly hit it off well and then he got weird, but...its just that. Weird.

Last edited by lady346; 11-20-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CUCrusaders24
    What should I make of this? Why would he contact me out of the blue after two months, and plenty of time for me to certainly think he was trying to tell me he wasn't interested? What the heck?!?!
    Simple answer: Don't make anything out of it. He had his chance, he blew it, that's all there is to it. I wouldn't give it another thought and just move on. If he contacts you again, just blow him off.

There comes a point where you have to decide how much you will let guys walk all over you. This guy, is obviously just bored and going through his phonebook to see who he can get interested again. I personally wouldn't give him the time of day ever again. I don't put up with that kind of thing from guys.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

he was probably bored / drinking

either that or he just got dumped by the girl he was with after you and was feeling sorry for himself.....

either way, dismiss the contact and move forward......

Closed Thread