It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

need help wedding is getting stressful

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
mommy2brandon24
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User
need help wedding is getting stressful

well me and my fiance are planning on getting married augest 13,2008 but havent even figured everything out yet. i still havent put downpayments down because still trying to figure out our prices everytime we say were gonna work with a certain price it seems like it always goes back up almost like were not figuring things out right. has anyone else ever go through this when yous were planning your wedding. another question my son is gonna be the ringbearer hell be 4 by next year but stuck between 2 flower girls my fiance niece or my goddaughter i was gonna have both of them but way two expensive do i even need a flower girl. and one more question about guests to invite do i have to invite all our cousins and family if we hardly see them thats whats making our price go up plus i want a photogrher and videogrpher am i being wrong for wanting all that stuff and not alot of our family that we see once every 2 years. if someone can help me i appreicate it and anyother advice yous have for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
prairie_dawn
Senior Veteran
(female)

prairie_dawn HB User
Re: need help wedding is getting stressful

Type out what you want in an excel spreadsheet use the columns for things like Ring
Price
Where to buy
When to buy

Next collum

Dress
Price
Where to buy
When to buy
Where to buy fabric if your maker doesnt supply that

Next collum
Limos

Next collum
Flowers

Get the idea? Also You shoudl make it known that you are inviting close family and friends due to money issues.. You are entitled to have everything you want during your wedding even if it means not inviting everyone and the kitchen sink along with them. If you dont see them then just make it for a certain number for your side and his side and be done with it. If for some reason someone asks about it say "well we sat down and worked out how many people we could have and I had to choose the ones that I see the most"

Get it in your head that not everyone will be happy but they will get over it. If you know someone who wont then invite them. If you feel someone will be hurt call them and ask; "Listen sorry to bother you with this but I am doing the invites and I can only have a certain amount, would you be upset if we only invited the immediate relatives?" I would say people you speak to and email back and forth with and ones that are in your area would be people you should invite and ones that speak to the ones that are in contact with teh ones you are going to invite. You will have to make dicisions and it will be hard but you have to make them.

Excel spreadsheet what you have for a budget. Add the sums and put totals at the bottom it's pretty easy to do once you get use to it. It will subtract or add as you need it to as long as you put in the right stuff to make it do it.

Did you want a big wedding? Have you been married before? Are you looking to spend a lot of money on a 2nd wedding as well if you have already had a first? You can just have a maid/matron of honor a best man and a ring boy. Keep it simple! It's your wedding do what you want!

I was married 1st time where I didnt want to be married in a place I didnt care for and with too many people there that i wasnt able to see everyone.

2nd marriage we got married in a rodeo on a harley! We catered it all ourselves and had a blast!

You do what you want and the way you want it. But get yourself some speadsheets to make sure you have everything at your fingertips when you need to know money or who is going or doing what for what thing.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
prairie_dawn
Senior Veteran
(female)

prairie_dawn HB User

O just to make sure you know this! YOU ARE PAYING FOR A VIDEOGRAPHER and a photographer please make sure you are very specific when you ask them to do stuff. Have it planned out what you want them to take shots of or video of.

At my 2nd wedding we didnt have a photographer we had the cheap disposable cameras about 30 of them and we told everyone to take pictures and then drop them in a box we had made of cardboard with white satin on it. When we were done the cameras all came back except one and we got great pictures of everyone and us.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
mommy2brandon24
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User

thank you so much for advice this is so stressful this is our first wedding but because me and my fiance already have our son togther everybodys telling us to get married in court but i dont want that i want an outdoor wedding with flowers i know we both do. i think im gonna do the disposable cameras its probily alot cheaper to.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #5
prairie_dawn
Senior Veteran
(female)

prairie_dawn HB User

just because you and husband to be already have a son doesnt mean you can get the wedding you want.! The cameras I really loved I must say! We had some of the little kids take pictures with them as well even my 5 year old at the time and let me tell you, I cherish every picture. Some of the best ones were from teh little kids using it. I loved the shoe pictures those were great and so much fun! But remember you wont get profesional pictures with that arangment but you might get pictures that you will love forever and more real than anyone can pose you! I am sure the family just doesnt want you both to over do the money and are afraid you might not get what you want. Ya know family never says what they mean!

Good luck with this and remember to take the time to get the right stuff. We put our wedding together for I think it was 110 people at a rodeo in less than 3months. It was the best fun we ever had. We cooked pigs, had his best friend marry us(he was a jewish minister) (we're catholic) LOL And he put on his Yamica(Not sure how to spell) and blessed the pig and broke bread with us. Let me tell you we werent thinking of Jewish/Catholic correctness or anything like that we were letting a friend marry us because I had not had an annulment yet from my 1st marriage.

Please try not to stress out this is easy if you get everything you will need on paper and assign someone to it. Weather it be you or your future husbnand or someone else. It also helps to adjust to change, if something goes wrong just say ok we'll fix it or do our best.

Do you want it completely formal or not? Remember this is August and it willbe hot as heck out there so remember what you will be wearing and that might help you with how much of a train you have or how your vail should be.

We wore Cowboy/cowgirl boots and hats and I did have a dress and well it was just a hoot to be married center ring!

Old 02-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
kkassel
(female)

kkassel HB User

goodluck. I know it can be straining not having much help from your soon to be groom. And unwanted help from soon to be inlaws.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-24-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Closed Thread