It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

this guy makes me crazy!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
lily5125
(female)

lily5125 HB User
Unhappy

deleted...

Last edited by lily5125; 03-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
try-ink
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User
Lightbulb Re: this guy makes me crazy!

I think.....

The respond that he gave you was....a combination of what you've have expected.

You're a good girl--to me means: you're young. He don't have that kind of affection towards you. He probably already have a girl friend.

Sorry.......That's just my opinion.

The thing with these kind of crush is: you'll learn to forget about him. Yeah..you love talking to him....likes his appearance....or his personality....I know.. he don't act his age, right??(most guys are like that)

anyway........Since you don't know...much about him....you don't even know if he is involved with someone. But, when he respond to you...after knowing that you like him a lot.....it's just not a good answer.

But....I do believe in Destiny!

Old 02-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
GypsyArcher
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User
Re: this guy makes me crazy!

I agree, unfortunately that response doesn't sound very encouraging.

BUT, I don't think it's because he has no interest in you. You are a good bit younger, and maybe he is afraid of what your family would say/do if you guys were to start dating. Since he works for your family, it is very possible that he doesn't want to create any kind of waves. Or maybe you are simply too young for him. He called you a good girl...not woman. It could be that he doesn't take you seriously. When I was 19 I got politely rejected by my landlord because he said I was too young...and he was only 24! I wanted to tell him that I had just been with a 24 year old over the summer, thank you, but I didn't want to give away how much I liked him.

Maybe in a few years or so he'll look at you differently? Maybe when you're 23-24? Who knows.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
vintagegirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User

I agree with the others that the "good girl" comment isn't encouraging. What confused me is that you said he touches you (I'm assuming in a playful, physical manner). Still, that's inappropriate if he is not going to take you seriously. 17 years is a pretty big age difference and you should be wary of any men that age who's flirting with girls your age. It's a little off.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #5
Larrylou'smom
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegirl View Post
I agree with the others that the "good girl" comment isn't encouraging. What confused me is that you said he touches you (I'm assuming in a playful, physical manner). Still, that's inappropriate if he is not going to take you seriously. 17 years is a pretty big age difference and you should be wary of any men that age who's flirting with girls your age. It's a little off.
I agree. I also really don't like the way he always tells you "you need to go with the flow" especially after he gave away hours that he had promised you and didn't explain it to you why he gave them to someone else. He discounted your feelings. Usually when someone says "you need to go with the flow" in these situations, what they really mean is "I know you want something from me, and I know I may have even promised it to you or led you on in some way, but I don't value your wants and needs enough to give you what you want or bother being fair or respectful to you, and I don't think I have to." I really think you'd be better off just forgetting about this guy and finding a nice guy your own age who keeps his promises, honors his commitments, follows through on his actions and cares about your welfare and your feelings, and who won't just blow you off with a "oh, just go with the flow" when you get upset about his breaking a promise or commitment to you. You won't earn his respect by doing whatever he says and "going with the flow" you'll show him how much respect you deserve by knowing when you're not being treated right and not accepting it.

Last edited by Larrylou'smom; 02-25-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
lily5125
(female)

lily5125 HB User

you're all right. I just want to forget about him and I was starting to. I was so focused on school, work, and my friends. Then he calls me and it screws all that up. I'm all over the place now! I guess I just have to start getting back that focus and try to forget about him...

Old 02-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
bestyear07
(female)

bestyear07 HB User

yeah, I used to think age didn't make any difference but it really does...I have been with a guy 16 years older than me and it has been years and years now and he still treats me like a child and also we really have nothing to talk about....he is the same age as my mother!

Closed Thread