It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

was this "wrong"?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
kirsten07
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
was this "wrong"?

well my boyfriend is the type to get mad over stupid little things that most people wouldnt even get upset over. i've been with him for over a year. yesterday we got in an arguement at my house and he took off with someone i dont know who. he didnt call me all night, then around midnight he called me and asked why i didnt bother calling and i told him he was the one who took off so he should of called then he just hung up. well he just bought this new camera phone and i decided to make up with him by sending him a picture of myself, basically naked, waist down laying down, i thought he would like it and i felt comfortable with him since we've been together awhile i'm not the type to do this with any guy. well i get this text mesaage from him saying 'so are you still like that?' it hurt me alot i felt embarassed and stupid for sending him it. but i was like what do you mean by 'still', he never replied, i am not like 'that' and i can count on one hand how many guys i've slept with before him. he really hurt me i feel wrong for doing this i dont know why because he's my boyfriend and i love him, so i was wondering what other people think and why he would say this to me, hes always been protective of me, hates me talking to any guys, and doesnt like the thought that YES, i HAVE had boyfriends before him! but i never cheated on him so it gives him no reason to think i was being trashy. why would he get so mad over this, i thought he would think its was sexy and like it. i know this sounds so childish but it hurt me ALOTT!

Last edited by kirsten07; 03-09-2007 at 11:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Larrylou'smom
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: was this "wrong"?

Well, let's not fly off the handle so fast. It sounds to me like he could have meant "so, are you, at this moment, still lying there in the same state of undress shown here in this picture?" perhaps meaning, whoo whoo, if you are, I might have to run right over!! I guess it also depends on his tone and inflection when he said it.

I think you both need to work a little bit on your communication skills, and not get so upset and fly off the handle so fast over what could turn out to be a misunderstanding. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Larrylou'smom; 03-09-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
happymom28
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

If I were you I would have thought he meant "if you're still half naked then I'll be right over", but then I don't know how he said those words to you. I would think that sending a picture of yourself in that way would provoke that type of response from your boyfriend. I don't know if I would just jump to the conclusion he was mad unless he is always mad at you.

I think the two of you need to talk. If he is constantly getting angry over little stupid things then perhaps you need to clear the air and see what's going on there. I don't think you should feel embarrassed or ashamed for sending a picture of yourself like that. Most guys would love it! I think if you talk about the situation you may just see it was all a big misunderstanding.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
StenoLady1
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Yeah, I would have interpreted the same as the PPs did, sort of like, "Hubba-hubba -- are you still undressed?"

I think you two just need to talk a bit. Maybe agree to stop the "game playing" with who's supposed to call who when there's an argument.

Just a little FYI, too. DH & I recently got camera phones, and one of the first things I did was take a photo of, um, things down below to send to DH. Pic came out fine, attached it to a text/email to send to him, dialed in his number, hit send ... well, he never got it. It wasn't a bum number, either, because I never got a return error message, so someone out there got it -- hopefully an adult with a good sense of humor, too, and not a child or pastor or something.

I've learned now the past few months that about 10 percent of our text messages never seem to make it to the recipient. Don't know if they're just out there floating in cellular space or if they're going to someone else by mistake. But I'll never take another naked photo of myself and send it over a phone. That's what video cameras in the house are for

Old 03-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
try-ink
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

It's probably just a typo.......

Trust me......I do this a lot.

He could of meant to say" so....are you still like mad"

that..mad...sounds pretty similar...very easily to type something that you didn't want to type.

My husbands one time type: "what some f-ck for dinner"--what the heck! was that all about. There was just no need for him to say that. I call him instead. He said he is at the resturant...he meant to say.."what some duck for dinner"----

okay then...........All he had to do was check before he send, right?

I am sure it's nothing. He's only human,right? unless.........there is something you are not telling us.

Last edited by try-ink; 03-11-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
ILYF
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

I didn't think this when I read your post but after reading the other posts, I bet he did mean "are you still half nude".

Old 03-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
tarheel247
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

i agree with the others. he wanted to know if you were still like that. if so he'd be right over.

Closed Thread