It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

Welp, that does it, Im just her "funny friend"

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
BC10
(male)

BC10 HB User
Welp, that does it, Im just her "funny friend"

Long story short, the last 2 months of talking to my ex have been friendly. Even tho in the back of my mind I was hoping something someday cuold work out. It finally came to a boil this weekend. I was out drinking ith friends and some people mentioned her, and how they thought it was messed up that she still hangs out with my friends after breaking up with me. After a few drinks it really started to get to me, i havent seen some of these friends in months cuz every other weekend she's out with their gf's and thus the bf's (my friends) tag along with their gf's. I came home drunk and left a few messages on IM for her about hwo it was a big mistake that we're friends and that she shoudl jsut keep her distance from me when we're out.

I admit I felt bad about it and came home to leave her another message explaining and apologizing. Well took off her away message and IM'd me first, asking what was going on. I just told her Im upset my friends dotn all hang out like we used too, and seems like they're always with her. told her not really her fault but whatever. She talked about how she hated the tension and doesnt want everyone walking on eggshells if were in the same building. She ended up copying and pasting somethign she said earlier in the convo and said "i apologize if this comment came out wrong, glad we cleared things up" Then ..the death blow. Said "I really didnt wanna hate you, I'd much rather have you as a funny friend " When a girl says that, u are nothing to her anymore. I didn't think I was, but after she'd leave me messages every so often and sometimes text after she ended her egnagement, i"ll admit I thought MAYBE something could work out in the future. That comment just sealed it. Just venting...thanks for anyone who listens

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Welp, that does it, Im just her "funny friend"

I guess that no matter how you know it is over in your head, when that fact hits your heart it is still a blow. It is sad for you, but a bit of a closure that will be better in the long run than being stuck. It does sound as if she has moved on in a big way. Grieve, heal and go on with your life, it is all you can do, Sera

Old 03-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
try-ink
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User
Re: Welp, that does it, Im just her "funny friend"

My thoughts........

"funny friend"--means: exactly what it is.

You are too much.

Anyway.......whatever the case may be...between you and her....

Wish you best of luck.

Closed Thread