It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

annoyed

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
shorti
Veteran
(female)

shorti HB User
annoyed

hey all,
my boyfriend and i set up profiles ages ago on this site. its not a dating site as such although some people may use it as one. its basically for networking so u can find old friends and stuff like that, so we just have our friends added to our profiles. well i just logged on for the 1st time in a while and found that he has added this random girl. its annoyed me a little because i wouldnt add a random guy out of respect for my bf. im assuming that she requested him as a friend and he just accepted her but still this annoys me. do u think im over reacting?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
Laylah
Inactive
(female)

Laylah HB User
Re: annoyed

Without knowing who she is or why he added her, I'd have no way on answering that. I think for yourself, you need to find this out too, otherwise you'll have no way of knowing what to think either.

Have you asked him about it?

Old 03-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
shorti
Veteran
(female)

shorti HB User

no i havent asked him yet because i just found out then and its 3:45am in australia now. the f1 grand prix is on tomorrow here in melbourne and im working so hes going out with the boys so im not sure when im going to get the chance to ask and its prob best to talk about it face to face than through a text message

Old 03-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
shorti
Veteran
(female)

shorti HB User

does anybody have any more advise on what i should do. should i leave it or speak to him about it? am i over reacting? thanks

Old 03-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
doomcastirons
(male)

doomcastirons HB User

It's probably nothing and I do think you're over-reacting. Lots of people randomly add profiles on those sites. If I was your boyfriend and I had just accepted this girls request and you came on to me thinking I was looking into her I would think you are being ridiculous.

But then again I don't know him and finding out wouldn't hurt, but he might find it a little over the line as if you don't trust him or something. Good luck.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
mannie8
(female)

mannie8 HB User

I suggest not using that website to communicate with your BF or GF. I opened a profile since my new BF wanted me to and all I do is look at his comments and friends' pages that I don't know and get jealous and find out things I don't want to know about. He has even deleted a comment of mine because it was embarassing to him and didn't want his oh so cool hometown friends to read it. Whatever. At least that's how I get. So I suggest not looking at his page all together and just use it to communicate with friends of your own.
That may not be the answer you're looking for but thought I'd let you know how my situation has turned out.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #7
Diane817
(female)

Diane817 HB User

I would speak to him myself because simply this. Your imagination can run wild and what your thinking may not be reality. Why put yourself through that? You get upset. It comes out one way or the other.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

That site has caused more people to break up than almost any other site on the internet! That being said, I think that if it's really bothering you that you should talk to him about it.

One thing I will say, since I'm on that site is well, is this: I've noticed there are some people who have like fifty thousand "friends" listed on their profiles. Do you really think they actually know all of those people? I doubt it. I very highly doubt it. Depending on your age group, I think there are people on there who will accept friend requests from anyone and everyone that asks because they want to add to their friend count. That's the only reason why. It has nothing to do with them actually knowing these people, it's just to add to the number. It's very lame, I know, but I've seen it happen.

Take my brother for example. I think the last time I checked, he has over 250 friends on his page. I know for a fact that he does not know all of these people. He probably knows less than 100 of those people. Another 15 or more are bands or actors pages. And the rest are just people that went to the same college as he did, so they requested to be his friend and he said yes. That's all it's about.

Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal, personally. But I think if it bothers you enough, you should definitely talk to him about it and ask him. Any time there's an issue in a relationship, people need to talk about it, it's never good to just leave it to fester. That's what's called open communication. Without it, there's no relationship.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #9
shorti
Veteran
(female)

shorti HB User

thanks for your replys everyone.
he doesnt usually add randoms. he has 16 people on his profile including this girl.

anyway, we caught up last night and as some of u suggested, it was nothing. she was just someone that said hello and requested him as a friend. he told me that if it really does bother me, then he would delete her. he said that he has nothing to hide and if he was doing anything behind my back, he certainly wouldnt be doing it under my nose for me to find out. i guess im just a bit silly lol.

once again thanks for your replys.

Closed Thread