It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

Lie

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
apple_juice
Senior Veteran
(female)

apple_juice HB User
Lie

My boyfriend and I broke up for a while sometime last year. He dated other girls. I had a few men who wanted to date me, but I was too upset and hung up on my bf at the time. Then my bf and i started talking again, and I lied to him saying that I had been seeing someone. This lie has been eating away at me ever since. I have a lot of pride because I am very honest and it is one of my features that by bf loves the most. but i lied. sure, there are things he wasnt forthcoming about, butg this is eating away at me. i think he has an idea that i made it up because he has never asked questions about the guy i was seeing. he doesnt seem bothered. i have a strong feeling that he knows i made it up. that makes me feel even more terrible.
i dont want to have to come clean but i need to do something because i dont like this feeling of being dishonest and him knowing i was dishonest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Lie

AJ - there's a lot of speculating going on here.....you don't know that he knows it's a lie.....for all you know, he's not bringing it up because he doesn't want to hear about you being with another guy. Let this one go.....don't open up a can of worms. He doesn't know you lied, it was an innocent lie, and if you tell him you did lie, he will be unsure if you're lying in the future, and may not want to trust you. Just don't worry about it. This is minor, you have nothing to feel guilty about.....

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
apple_juice
Senior Veteran
(female)

apple_juice HB User

thanks rose im so glad i have you on here to reply to my posts.
i know ive got to let it go. i just dont feel comfortable with myself. also, i told my boyfriend i had slept with this "guy" after knowing him for a few weeks and i think thats why my bf wudnt believe me. i made my bf wait 4/5 months. maybe he isnt asking because he doesnt want to know. i hope so.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
furtiva
(female)

furtiva HB User

Apple, he is DATING other girls in reality and you made up a lie. C'mmon girlie, he deserves more than a lie, next time tell him your new guy proposed!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
Nina000
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nina000 HB User

you cracked me up AJ, seriously, I would not give a toss about having made this up in a moment of hurt. Let him live in uncertainty. He deserves it. BUT I would not do it again...next time it needs to get SO REAL, you get yourself a decent guy and let him face it!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
deskette
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

your silly. i am an honest person as well. but hey, if a person has pride they may say a little fib. if hes not worried about it, i wouldnt be thats for sure. your just being silly. you'll even feel silly if you were to confess!

Old 03-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
apple_juice
Senior Veteran
(female)

apple_juice HB User

haha, you guys are right. im so glad i posted now- made me feel a lot better. thanks.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
veronicam
(female)

veronicam HB User

I totally agree with the other posters. Especially since your bf doesn't think it's an issue, I think this definitely qualifies as a harmless white lie. Please don't beat yourself up about it...from your other posts, I get the impression that you tend to be really hard on yourself. No offense meant, I just hate to see anyone be tough on themselves unnecessarily and go through excessive stress as a result. You seem like a great girl and I think you need to give yourself a break! As someone with slightly obsessive tendencies, I know how hard it can be not to focus and dwell on things that worry you, but it's well worth the effort to try and direct your attention to all the good, relaxing things in life too. If things are good with your bf, try your best not to let negative thoughts about the past or other people distract you from enjoying the present. Best wishes and good luck

Old 03-25-2007, 02:31 AM   #9
hey_its_shar
(female)

hey_its_shar HB User

hi,
don't let it bother you. he probably isn't asking because he is afraid you will tell him that the guy was really hot and a great kisser and took you to the nicest places and was a PERFECT gentlemen...etc...and he will feel inadequate so he would rather not know. you are reading way too much into it! just forget about it.

and if he ever does ask...tell him he was all those things i just said! ;-)

Closed Thread