It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• if im pregnant can i leave????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
    amber912
    (female)

amber912 HB User
    Red face if im pregnant can i leave????

well me and my boyfriend had sex 2 weeks after my period sat,and im possiably pregnant i had a miscarriage the last time but both of us think im pregnant now,,,,im 17 and he just turned 20,,,we both live in north carolina and the legall age to move out here is 16 ,,,,but waht if my mom says no can she have me put in a foster or juvi or get him arrested if im pregnant........

Last edited by amber912; 05-15-2007 at 08:10 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to amber912:
    ivoryqueen910 (07-16-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
    morrisun
    Veteran
    (female)

morrisun HB User
    Re: if im pregnant can i leave????

I don't know about the moving out part, but they can't have him arrested. Legal age of consent in NC is 16.
    PCOS

Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
    marinewife12
    Inactive
    (female)

marinewife12 HB User

If you have looked up the fact that the "moving out" age is 16, and you're 17, then I don't see what case your mother legally has against you. If you are POSITIVE that the law says you can move out at 16, then you're fine. She can't technically do anything to you.

I'm not sure why a 17 year old would want to get pregnant and move out, but whatever, I guess.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
    amber912
    (female)

amber912 HB User
    Exclamation Re: if im pregnant can i leave????

yeah but we have a problem ..ok its legall to move out in with a girlfriend but a birdy told me that u have to be 18 to move in with a boyfriend,,,,i dont know,,,,i just dont want to be pregnant and away from my feonca,,,it gets me stressed out and i dont think that is good for the baby at all ,,,wat can i do ,,,,,,some gurls do this just so they can get out ,,,,but im not,,,,,,,i need help

Last edited by amber912; 05-17-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amber912 View Post
    well me and my boyfriend had sex 2 weeks after my period sat,and im possiably pregnant i had a miscarriage the last time but both of us think im pregnant now,,,,im 17 and he just turned 20,,,we both live in north carolina and the legall age to move out here is 16 ,,,,but waht if my mom says no can she have me put in a foster or juvi or get him arrested if im pregnant........
    where would you move and how would you survive?
    how would you pay rent, buy food?
    how would you care for a baby......
    you need to re-think your plan......you're mother is probably the best thing you've got.....why would you run away from that?

Old 05-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #6
    amber912
    (female)

amber912 HB User
    Exclamation Re: if im pregnant can i leave????

he has his own bank account and has such a good job that pays very well,,,and another thing my mom she is a drug addict she cant afford to buy that much food or anything she basically cant afford for us,,,i dont need that stress for the baby,,,and i already talk to my mom about and im not moving that far from her its only like 3 or 4 hours away my mom knows i love her and she said if he has his own house and a good paying job then she will think about it ,,,uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amber912 View Post
    he has his own bank account and has such a good job that pays very well,,,
    yes but what do YOU have......
    if you become dependent on him for your existance you will be trapped
    I believe you're making a big mistake, and I urge you to re-think this.
    I'm praying that you're not pregnant......
    if you skate by this time, you really should get on birth control

Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
    MusicElle
    (female)

MusicElle HB User

well, though if you don't have a job or finacial independence I would not recomend moving in with you boyfriend (the other poster is right you could end up trapped) But if your mother does drugs you must leave, that is no place for a bady. What about your father does he live with your mom? if not would he be safe to go to? or maybe an aunt, sister, grandmother or just and adult friend who is responsible who could help you. If you are sure you love your boyfriend and you are sure he loves you too and is capable of helping you raise the child then you may be able to live with him but its hard to be sure of these things so young, heck it hard to be sure or these things at any age. even if you do think moving in with your boyfriend is your best option I still recomend finding a responsible adult who can help you with all the questions you will have about raising the baby since you mom unfortunatly has issues to work out and should not be around a baby until she cleans herself up. Im sorry about your situation it must be very hard. God bless

Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
    supermummi1
    (female)

supermummi1 HB User

i got pregnant at the age of 18, i had no idea till i was 7 months gone, at this point i had to buck up my ideas and think quick about what i was to do, to be able to survive and to support both me and my daughter who is now almost 2. I have easily managed by going to college and just about to leave after 4 years of study, while im at college, daughter goes to nursery, i also work on weekends, to help pay for things. Moving out i wouldnt think be a problem personally it will be giving the newborn a better lease of life, and you will learn to have your independence, with your boyfriend don't depend on him too much with money maybe try getting a part time job somewhere help pay for things wouldnt go a miss.

-Supermummi-

Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #10
    terpamber
    (female)

terpamber HB User

First of all lets figure out if your actully pregnant then we will take this one step at a time.

So Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
    leec41604
    (female)

leec41604 HB User

Having a baby is a LOT of responsibility! If you're not preg you should really rethink what you're doing. If you really want to be with your boyfriend that's great but do it the right way, make sure you 2 are going to be together forever, don't put an innocent baby in the middle of a broken relationship later down the road!! You're so young, have fun, you shouldn't want to be tied down with a boyfriend and baby!! Because let me tell you...you have NO time for yourself after you have that baby!!

Old 05-18-2007, 07:01 AM   #12
    amber912
    (female)

amber912 HB User
    Wink Re: if im pregnant can i leave????

thank you guys so much ,,,,well i have a job and still in school i wont qiut school if im pregnant i will go nowhere in life ,,,i dont want to rely on hiss money ,,he told me he wants to support the baby and me i told him wat if something bad happens like we argue and fight he said dont try and worry about it i will be thier for u and the baby nothing is going to keep me from that baby or u ,,,,he is actually mi feonca but yeah we really love eachother ,,,and his mom loves me she was the one actually telling me to move in with her ,,,,,,im not going to have a baby with out its real dad no way in hell,,, but i will make a good choice about this one when the time comes ,,,,and im taking the p-test next fri. so ill know then

Last edited by amber912; 05-18-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
    redsoxgirl2418
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User

the thing here is, it sounds as if you have specifically tried to get pregnant. at 17, with no job, still in school, and not formally committed to the father. This does not do anything to convince people you are mature and able to make healthy decisions for yourself and another life. You think it's going to be easy to finish school with being pregnant, and then once you have a baby? Who will take care of it when you are in school? Plus, while graduating high school is important, going to college is also pretty vital to "being somebody", and again, how will you do it with a baby?

Your boyfriend may have a good job, but what is considered a "good job" to a 20 year old single man is not necessarily enough to support a family. You will need to have a place to live, food, clothing, utility bills, health care (a huge issue when having a baby!!). Have you considered that? Right now you're probably covered under your parents insurance. If you move out, you will no longer have this.

Bottom line here is, your actions show that you have thought this out in your own way and have justified everything. You've even obviously had issues with pregnancy before, since you tell us that you've had a miscarriage. So I'm sure no one will succeed in getting through to you, because you are not yet beyond the stage of thinking that you know better than everyone else. All I can offer is that, don't shut the people who love you out of your life, because they can and will be very valuable to you as you go through everything involved in having a child. Although, I hope that you will in fact, NOT be pregnant.

Last edited by redsoxgirl2418; 05-20-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:35 AM   #14
    supermummi1
    (female)

supermummi1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redsoxgirl2418 View Post
    the thing here is, it sounds as if you have specifically tried to get pregnant. at 17, with no job, still in school, and not formally committed to the father. This does not do anything to convince people you are mature and able to make healthy decisions for yourself and another life. You think it's going to be easy to finish school with being pregnant, and then once you have a baby? . You will need to have a place to live, food, clothing, utility bills, health care (a huge issue when having a baby!!).
    She has already stated that she has a job, attending school is no biggy, i have daughter too, i am still coping attending college and working, i may not by myself but there are organisations out there that can help fund,if she will need help she will jst have to take the time, to look it up.Once you have a baby, you automatically grow up and learn to be mother, and also she has stated that she has been offered a place to live, it may be a huge issue having a baby, but when the time comes to all these things will come naturally, but first she has to find out if she is pregnant

Old 05-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
    jen52983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jen52983 HB User

It's great that there are programs available to young mothers, but one shouldn't rely on them.

I don't believe that anyone here is deliberately saying that you don't know what you're doing... I think people just want you to really realize what you could possibly be getting into. Babies are cute and adorable.. but they are a HUGE responsibility. Yes, plenty of teen mothers raise babies now-a-days.. but they don't do it easily.

If you are pregnant, then I agree that its not healthy to stay with your mother.. actually, even if you're not pregnant it's not healthy for you to live with a drug addict.

It's great that you have a job right now, and that your boyfriend does too.. but as someone else already said, a good job to a 17 and 20 year old, may not be a good enough job to raise a family. If the option is there, live with his parents first... save up money, learn to take care of your baby.. then think about getting your own place with him.

If you're not pregnant.. then I hope you are a little safer the next time. You're young. You have plenty of time to have babies later! What's the rush! Get a puppy if you want someone to love you unconditionally!

Closed Thread