It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Confronting questions...your faith in the male race.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2007, 04:16 AM   #61
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User
    Re: Confronting questions...your faith in the male race.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoenix1 View Post
    I once had a discussion with my priest with regards to relationships and he told me that "Jesus was never married or in a relationship."
    Haha, this made me laugh It was a nice thing of your priest to say, I guess. But if we all took the Jesus route then procreation would suffer somewhat I'm not saying everybody should have children (we only need one each to keep the numbers up) but for somebody to tell you that there's no shame in not being successful at relationships is missing the point somewhat. Jesus chose not to be in a relationship because he had a job to do. The people who visit these boards all want to be in a happy relationship; that's why we come here. Even the "hopeless klutzes" among us have a modicum of faith that it will happen at some point.

lostsoul12, I truly hope somebody turns up who dispels your fears that the next guy will let you down in some big way. I have moments when I feel negative about relationships like you do and I too believe that the best ones are taken. But there are good guys being dumped out of relationships every day; you could bump into one today I believe you should focus on yourself for a while and put less emphasis on relationships. But don't give up

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 09-01-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: EV's got to learn to spell!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #62
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErimusValidus View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"] but for somebody to tell you that there's no shame in not being successfull at relationships is missing the point somewhat. Jesus chose not to be in a relationship because he had a job to do. The people who visit these boards all want to be in a happy relationship; that's why we come here. Even the "hopeless klutzes" among us have a modicum of faith that it will happen at some point.
    Yeah, priests are real big on being happy with what God sees fit to give you and to not want what you don't and might not ever have. They mean well, but it's precious little comfort.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #63
    ~Tyger~
    Veteran
    (female)

~Tyger~ HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Larrylou'smom View Post
    Sure, everyone falls off that horse once or twice, but if you keep getting thrown and kicked in the head while everyone else is jumping hurdles and quartering and cutting and stepping and roping, sooner or later you have to face the ugly, awful possibility that maybe you are just a hopeless clutz who will never have what it takes to be able to ride.
    LLM, you made me smile there, dispite it all. Because this is exactly how I feel -- that in truth, no matter how much I love the feeling and the wonder of it all, I just wasn't meant to ride. Strange, because for the early years of my adulthood I was in a long, committed relationship, with a wonderful man. Now, we are good friends, but we did not work out, and since then, its been 'head kick after head kick' and the only other one I managed to fall for is now lying to me, decieving me, and all the while putting on some pretence that I 'am special' so that he doesn't end up alone, either.

There was a man that was good for me -- and I messed it up, broke his heart, and it ended. There was a man that I loved more than anything in this world -- and its currently ending. And there's been a few scattered here and there between, and not even worth noting for their - or my - complete lack of interest/chemistry.

I feel trapped, claustrophobic, lonely and isolated in my life, and I want something different, something more. But I've got a heavy dose of pessimism pushing me down further... and at this stage, it seems hopeless. I try to keep faith, but I watch all my friends in their stable relationships, and I have noone to be single with or even share my single viewpoint with, and my empty apartment seems to be my only confidant I've really hit a low

Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #64
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Tyger~ View Post
    I feel trapped, claustrophobic, lonely and isolated in my life, and I want something different, something more. But I've got a heavy dose of pessimism pushing me down further... and at this stage, it seems hopeless. I try to keep faith, but I watch all my friends in their stable relationships, and I have noone to be single with or even share my single viewpoint with, and my empty apartment seems to be my only confidant I've really hit a low
    Tyger, I'm so sorry. I wish I had uplifting inspiring words to make you feel better, but as I have given up on ever finding love, I'm not the one to offer words of wisdom in that respect. I do hope you feel better, and find a way to come to peace with things.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #65
    Lance0204
    Veteran
    (male)

Lance0204 HB User

Quote:
    but as I have given up on ever finding love
    do you really believe that?? i doubt it..or you wouldn't be here.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #66
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lance0204 View Post
    do you really believe that?? i doubt it..or you wouldn't be here.
    Of course I really believe that. I'm here for the social interaction, just getting to talk to other people, even if it is over the computer,and also to offer any advice and help that I may have to offer. but if you notice, I never start threads about myself and never ask for advice, and don't take it if unwanted, unsolicited advice is given. Believe me, I most definitely have thrown in the towel. I officially told God "Uncle" this summer. Now, I'm not the bitter type so filled with hate and bile that I don't want to see anyone else happy. I think my situation is incredibly rare, so just because I'm meant to accept a life alone doesn't mean it's right for anyone else, in fact I hope against hope that no one else will have to. I try to offer any advice I can on how to not end up like me. Hindsight's always 20/20, and I gotta lotta hindsight.

Last edited by Larrylou'smom; 09-02-2007 at 08:39 AM.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #67
    Lance0204
    Veteran
    (male)

Lance0204 HB User

Quote:
    I officially told God "Uncle" this summer.
    lol!! you're a funny gal.. you deserve your happiness..i hope you get it,

Closed Thread