It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• what is cheating considered?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
    kelly5231
    (female)

kelly5231 HB User
    what is cheating considered?

What is cheating considered? If your fiance lived far away, and you started talking to a guy, who is also engaged, and decided to send naked pictures to eachother, would that be cheating? If that guy felt you up, would that be cheating? I am trying to find out what everyone thinks is cheating. Please help me out! Thanks!

Last edited by kelly5231; 10-04-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
    bulletproof
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bulletproof HB User
    Re: what is cheating considered?

Depends on who you ask. Some might say that cheating is the act of physical intimacy with someone besides a significant other. This could include something as small as hand-holding and as big as having intercourse. Others would say that cheating also includes 'emotional affairs', but that leaves a lot more gray area. Why don't you say specifically what you are referring to and maybe we can help?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
    kelly5231
    (female)

kelly5231 HB User

Well, that would include: sending naked pictures, sending sexual text messages, and feeling other body parts.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

If you are doing all that ...then I would have to say why the heck are you engaged!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
    kelly5231
    (female)

kelly5231 HB User

Well, good question. It is so hard, being so far away from him. I feel so lonely. And I guess thats why I'm doing it. I guess I just need some people to kick me in the *** until I realize how much harm its doing!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
    WednesdaysChild
    (female)

WednesdaysChild HB User

If it's something you would never tell your fiancee about, then it's cheating.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
    BluEyez1031
    Veteran
    (female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Exchanging naked pictures and getting felt up by a man other than your fiance? Yeah, I'd say that's BLATANT cheating.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
    dodedoo
    (female)

dodedoo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kelly5231 View Post
    What is cheating considered? If your fiance lived far away, and you started talking to a guy, who is also engaged, and decided to send naked pictures to eachother, would that be cheating? If that guy felt you up, would that be cheating? I am trying to find out what everyone thinks is cheating. Please help me out! Thanks!
    well cheating can mean different things to different people. i'll go along with this "hypothetical" situation. everything after "talking to a guy" in my book is considered cheating, to me, and probably a lot of other people. you just don't do that stuff when you are in a relationship and especially when you are ENGAGED. and if you are doing that stuff, you may want to reevaluate your situation.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
    dodedoo
    (female)

dodedoo HB User

Quote:
    Well, good question. It is so hard, being so far away from him. I feel so lonely. And I guess thats why I'm doing it. I guess I just need some people to kick me in the *** until I realize how much harm its doing!
    i think you know how much harm its doing. i mean honestly, what do YOU consider cheating? do you think what your doing is fair to your fiance?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #10
    TTBABM
    Inactive
    (male)

TTBABM HB User

Just the fact that you are asking means you probably feel it is.
    what if you found out he was doing these things with another woman?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
    deskette
    Inactive
    (female)

deskette HB User

picture your fiance doing what your doing with another female... does that hurt you? honestly, can you say that if your fiance were to do the things your doing you would be okay with it? treat somebody how you want to be treated. the things you do wrong to others will slap you in the face later.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

My little two cents -
    Cheating is anything you wouldn't do right in front of your SO, or anything you wouldn't want your SO to do.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #13
    happymom28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

happymom28 HB User

Would you want your fiance doing any of the things that you are doing with this other man? Would you buy the excuse from him that "the distance makes it hard"?

Would you come right out and tell your fiance what you have been up to like it is no big deal? Does he know, or are you asking out of your own guilt?

I'm sorry, but the whole "distance" thing is just an excuse for you to do as you please. If you love your fiance then you should respect him enough to keep your naked pictures, sexy texts, and your hands to yourself.

Have you ever thought about doing these things with your fiance? Why can't you send him a naked picture or two or talk dirty to him on the phone? I bet he would really appreciate it since he doesn't get to see you that often. I don't know, you really have no business marrying this guy if you can't be faithful before you take your vows. What would be the point?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #14
    kekette12
    (female)

kekette12 HB User

Cheating is getting any kind of sexual gratification from someone other than your significant other....period. I'm dealing with this right now....I'm the one who was cheated on and it hurts---no he wasn't physically with another woman...but he did what you are doing...sending naked pics---sexually explicit emails/im's. If you care about your fiance then you sure aren't showing it. would you want him to feel another womans "body parts"---how would that make you feel?? Think about all this before you get married....please???

Old 10-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #15
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:

if this is the way you act toward someone you plan on marrying, please don't waste his time.......this isn't the behavior of someone who understands the sanctity of marriage or is mature enough to be married......

break up with him and then send all the naked pictures you want to whoever you want.......just stop wasting your fiance's time.....

Closed Thread