It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• GUYS: Do You Tell a Girl You're A "Hopeless Romantic??""

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
    CandP
    Veteran
    (female)

CandP HB User
    GUYS: Do You Tell a Girl You're A "Hopeless Romantic??""

Would a guy ever confess this statement to a girl? Say a guy in his early thirties? I find it hard to believe guys would be blunt about this....should I believe it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User
    Re: GUYS: Do You Tell a Girl You're A "Hopeless Romantic??""

yes I think a guy would say something along those lines if he's not a romatic kind of guy...would you want him to lie about it and tell you he is a romatic king of guy? when in all truth he's not.

for some guys I think they want to be romatic but just don't know how and they see things with there eyes instead with words or meterial things, THE ''DRAW'' of emotions comes into play here if you know what I mean.

say for some ''rather bad ''examples= some guys likes to be romatic with meterial things like jewlery, flowers ect,,,ect,, and some like to show it in words and the nice things they can buy or what they have and some do it with romatic words candel lite ect,,,ect,, vs the guys that really and trully knows what they want and just comes out and lets you know right off I'm not very romatic but I do Love you very much, what you see is what you get, so come along baby or get off, you know my true feelings and thats what trully matters...like maybe go fishing or some type of hobby things of this nature.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
    cherokepyrte
    (male)

cherokepyrte HB User

It's not uncommon for men to admit their romanticism but it is uncommon to actually understand what they mean by it. Like Chevy says, sum use things to be romantic and others use words or emotions. I, myself, am very romantic. I sing to my wife, buy her flowers for no occasion, write poetry to her, hold her when she feels down, light candles and insence, candle light dinners, take her for rides in the country, take her fishing, and foremost remind her that she's as Loved as i can provide. I may not be the best, but to her i'm the only. We have a tendency to make our friends and children sick with how much we Love each other. Romance isn't buying things or doing certain things, it's how you feel about your partner and how you make them feel. A touch in the hallway passing can be very romantic. A look across a dinner table that says "I Love You!" can be very romantic. A lot of men have different ideas of what "romantic" is but you'll know when you've truely found "A Hopeless Romantic". Shane

Last edited by cherokepyrte; 12-21-2007 at 10:08 PM.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:31 AM   #4
    BeaTrade
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB User

My husband thinks he's "a hopeless romantic" but he's not...hahaha! Yes he told me he was and he really does think he is. (To me)A hopeless romantic is someone the brings a woman roses for no reason...lays a trail of rose petals to the bedroom for the woman to follow to find a room with candles and ready for a massage...HAHA! That kind of stuff IMHO. My husband says "I love you" often and loves to kiss and cuddle and that kind of stuff so in his mind that makes him a hopeless romantic...HEEHEE!

Quote:
    should I believe it?
    You'll know by his actions...talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.

Last edited by BeaTrade; 12-22-2007 at 05:33 AM.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:09 AM   #5
    Laylah
    Inactive
    (female)

Laylah HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeaTrade View Post
    You'll know by his actions...talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.
    There's some good old fashioned common sense if ever I heard it!

My bf tells me sulkily; "I'm romantic in my own way", which he IS, but the thing is, I honestly don't think he actually realises when he's being romantic! I find it romantic, this little habit that he has; when we're walking down the road in the rain he'll always hooosh me onto the inside of the path and walk on the outside himself, nearest the road, so that I don't get splashed by the passing cars! God bless him! To me that's romantic - to him it's practical! Ha ha!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
    Laylah
    Inactive
    (female)

Laylah HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cherokeepyrate View Post
    I, myself, am very romantic. I sing to my wife, buy her flowers for no occasion, write poetry to her, hold her when she feels down, light candles and insence, candle light dinners, take her for rides in the country, take her fishing, and foremost remind her that she's as Loved as i can provide.
    NEWSFLASH!!!!! - You married the wrong woman Cherokeepyrate!! It should have been meeeeeeeeeeee!! Ha ha ha!

Closed Thread