It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• girl hugs my boyfriend, is this overreacting?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
    mangoes
    (female)

mangoes HB User
    girl hugs my boyfriend, is this overreacting?

yesterday i went out with my boyfriend for his friend's birthday. we went to the few winerys. there was this female there that my boyfriend has been friends with for a long time. i have no problem with them being friends at all. im friendly and vise versa. anyway we took a mini bus to get there as there were about 10 of us going. we were all drinking on the bus but all of a sudden i burped. it was one of those accidental ones and i didnt even realise i did it until this girl goes who burped. before i could answer she is like the person that did that is a feral pig. its so feral and disgusting. my boyfriend started laughing so in a jokingly manner i said it was him. he was laughing and denying it. anyway my boyfriend found out it was me because i said sorry i blamed u, it was just a joke. his friend heard and told the girl it was me. she goes, that is so feral and disgusting and i cant believe you blamed your boyfriend. i said it was a joke and he was cool with it. she goes, im going to go and give him a big hug seen as u blamed him. now would that bother anyone else? it really upset me. the fact that she was having a go at me for something that i didnt do on purpose, it just happened. then she goes and hugs my boyfriend like that. i dont mind her giving him a hug but just the way it happened. its like if we were to have a serious fight, would she run to him and start hugging him? am i just overreacting a little bit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
    Mileena42
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mileena42 HB User
    Re: girl hugs my boyfriend, is this overreacting?

Not so much worried about the hug as the fact that she called you a pig. It was a burp, its not like you hiked you leg and farted on her. I think SHE overeacted. She comes off to me as being rude, and you should have told her. Once you explained that it was an accident (and I am not sure I would have given her even that), she should have dropped it. Do you see her often? If you do, please give her a BIG BURP for me!!

Mileena

Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
    emma j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

emma j HB User

The only person overreacting here is her. you burped, oh my god its the end of the world. I seriously would have turned around and told her to get a life. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
    hoopty
    (female)

hoopty HB User

Yeah I agree with emma...oh my god...it's the end of the world. I mean, is she like 13?...whatever! How freakin' stupid! She was making a moron of herself. I'm sure the hug was some sort of a drunken flirt and believe you me...everyone watching her was probably rolling their eyes.

Last edited by hoopty; 04-06-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
    mangoes
    (female)

mangoes HB User

lol, thanks guys. im just glad noone thinks im overreacting. she has a crush on another guy in the group and has for the last 5 years and hes not interested in her. she gets all depressed and calls all the guys, "her boys." like ages ago before i met my boyfriend he told me a story where she introduced some of her female friends to the group and my boyfriend said, that girl seems nice, whats her number? this girl said, nahh you guys wont suit each other. my boyfriend goes how do u know that? she goes well you guys are "my boys." now shes no threat to me because my boyfriend said he would never go out with her and finds her annoying, its just that she went off and hugged him after she goes off at me for blaming my boyfriend for something that i did. i dont mind hugs at all like when we all greet each other we hug but the way it happened in this instance. i wouldnt go and hug anyones boyfriend in that manner if they were having a domestic but this wasnt even a domestic, it was a joke lol. i feel like saying something to my boyfriend. do u think i should?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
    dodedoo
    (female)

dodedoo HB User

This girl sounds super annoying and the epitome of everything that is wrong with the world. She totally wanted to get a rise out of you or something? If you were touring wineries then I am sure alcohol was involved which may have played a part? Anywho, I am a girl and I burp and spit and if anyone has anything to say about it they can go jump off a cow. There are just people like this in the world that you'll have to put up with unfortunately.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mangoes View Post
    i feel like saying something to my boyfriend. do u think i should?
    Just be above all that childish nonsense of hers and don't give it any air space in your life at all. Sera

Old 04-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
    mangoes
    (female)

mangoes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Just be above all that childish nonsense of hers and don't give it any air space in your life at all. Sera
    yeah you're right. i did get upset and my boyfriend noticed on the day and he thought it was him i was upset at and im like nahh its not you at all. if he brings it up then ill say something. im not upset as much as yesterday, probably because i had a good sleep. we have a 30th to attend on saturday so i assume she is going so hopefully she wont go off her head again lol.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #9
    happymom28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

happymom28 HB User

How ridiculous is she? Don't even waste your thoughts on her. It's pretty obvious your boyfriend (and probably the rest of "her boys" ) find her annoying. If I were you, I would probably just make a point to burp even more in her presence to really **** her off, but that's just me! I can't stand girls like this.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #10
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

My main question is, why is your boyfriend good friends with such an airhead?

The girl is a ditz. If he says she's annoying, for now just accept it at face value. If it were me, if she continued to disrespect me like that, I would have a word with my boyfriend and tell him she seems to enjoy disrespecting me and I would prefer not to spend a lot of time with her. There's no reason why you should subject yourself to that kind of treatment.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #11
    mangoes
    (female)

mangoes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Larrylou'smom View Post
    My main question is, why is your boyfriend good friends with such an airhead?

good question. im not sure how it all started but i think she met my boyfriends best friend at a party about 5 years ago. the best friend is the one she has had a serious crush on but i think she has liked them all at some stage. my boyfriend and i have probably only seen her twice in the last 6 months so we hardly see her. she sees my boyfriends best friend once a week or something like that because they work right near each other in the city so shes always calling him. usually when we see her, its in a group situation with other people, so even if my boyfriend told her i dont want to be friends, we would still see her anyway because we know heaps of people that she knows and vise versa. it was funny because about a month ago when we saw her the first time in ages, my boyfriend is like oh no, shes so annoying, im not looking forward to seeing her. i think he just puts up with her. them being friends is not really my problem, i just dont need the attitude.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #12
    jess86
    (female)

jess86 HB User

On any normal occassion or circumstance I wouldnt let this bother me, seeing as there friends and all. And being overbearing and jealour about these things will cause you grief if you let them get to you. BUT, this situation would bother me. Simple because the girl that insulted you seemed to have been speaking badly about you on purpuse it sounds like. Almost pointing out your belch in a negative way, trying to embarress you for a reason.
    I wouldnt like that one bit. You shouldnt of tryed to put it on your boyfriend but I totally understand your embarressment especially if you arent comfortable around all of his friends yet. Its a human function and it was a mistake lol.
    I mean...there was no reason for her to point you out, and say something negative towards you in front of everything! How rude!.. Your boyfriend should of stepped up to her and made a stand for you. Laughing at your expense when she made that joke wasnt very nice.

I think you have a reason to have your back up towards this girl in the future. dont let it get to you, to the extent you wont go around them...but mentally prepare yourself for future instances and explain to you boyfriend how it embarressed you and bothered you, and tell him you expect his support if it happines again. Your his girlfriend, not her. He should stand up for you.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #13
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I guess it depends on if your BF hugs her back
    did he?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #14
    ladyluck27
    (female)

ladyluck27 HB User

I wouldn't be bothered by this at all, actually the moment she was rude too me and tried to bust me out on burping, I would have snapped at her at the very moment and that would have been that.

But the important question is below, when she gave him the hug what was it like? How did he respond. He should have responded by pushing her away, but ultimately I would not harbor anger over this situation.

Next time you see her I'd call her a lonely witch! Ya know?

Old 04-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #15
    mangoes
    (female)

mangoes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
    I guess it depends on if your BF hugs her back
    did he?
    i wasnt watching. now i wish i did lol. one of the girls in the group said something to me when she hugged him. i cant remember exactly what but it was something like, shes sucking up to your boyfriend. so i guess other people are realising what a goose she really is. its funny because this girl that said this to me is really interested in my boyfriends best friend and hes into her too. i wonder how this chick that hugged my boyfriend will react considering shes liked him for the last 5 years lol.

Closed Thread