It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Living with a Passive aggressive personality

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
    Whitehot
    (male)

Whitehot HB User
    Living with a Passive aggressive personality

Hello, im living with a passive aggressive partner and find myself in need of some support right now. I need advice, support and someone to just get it off my chest with.

thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-28-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
    Tubular
    (male)

Tubular HB User
    Re: Living with a Passive aggressive personality

I hate passive aggressive behavior. It drives me nuts. It's no way to treat a person. I would rather the person talk to me like an adult and tell me what I'm doing that's bothering them, rather than act passive aggressive.

Whenever someone is acting passive aggressive my best advice is to say "hey, listen, I am more than happy to try and change whatever I'm doing that's bothering you if you will simply talk to me about this like an adult." If they keep acting childlike then tell them you're leaving until he/she decides to discuss the matter like adults.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
    Whitehot
    (male)

Whitehot HB User
    Re: Living with a Passive aggressive personality

Thanks Tubular for the words of support. What i really need is some information on any support groups that might be active in the brisbane area. If you, or anyone else for that matter, knows of any groups that meet or chat online i would be greatful for their contact details. Unfortunately in my partner the passive aggressive behaviour isnt just occasional its deeply ingrained and very much a part of her up bringing. Its a classic DSV II classification type. In some ppl the behaviour is compulsive and uncontrollable and also often they are only semi conscious of what they are doing. Leaving isnt much of an option just yet. So i need some advice and help about how to cope.

Closed Thread