It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriend seems distant

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
    elenacool
    (female)

elenacool HB User
    My boyfriend seems distant

Hi girls
    I wonder if you can help....

My boyfriend of 7 months has recently become distant...he gets moody whenever I try to talk to him about the relationship even when he is in the wrong and will stay in a mood all day even tho he may hold my hand and be outwardly affecitionate.

Now he has started withholding sex from me as we only see each other twice a week we usually have it when we are together but last time he wasnt interested and just wanted to cuddle me when I asked him if he was going off me he said of course not but that he was still upset about what I said that morning just dont undersatnd

He had gone away for the weekend to see his friends to play these war games and I asked him why he seemed pre occupied and he said he realised he didnt have any motivation in the game anymore nad was worried about telling his friends.

On top of this no plans have been made for new year even tho we re spending it together.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Boyfriend seems distant/preoccupied

could he be depressed due to the upcoming holidays?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
    bodhi42
    (female)

bodhi42 HB User
    Re: My boyfriend seems distant

Hi there-- is there a chance that he may be going through depression? Depression can affect men and women's desire for sex. Just be upfront with your boyfriend and ask what's going on and if he is okay. Put less stress on the relationship issue and inquire about HIM.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
    EagleRiverDee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I agree with Bodhi...he sounds depressed. At first the lack of sexual interest seemed a bit like a red flag that perhaps he was cheating but then you combine that with his lack of interest in doing something he used to enjoy with friends...sounds like depression.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
    shisslak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

elenacool

How serious is this relationship--I am reading that things are beginning to get cold. I do not think that this gentlemen is depressed, I think that he is trying to give you a hint that he is no longer interested in an on going relationship.
    Take the hint and go on with your life. Make plans to have a great New Year with friends or family. Actions speak louder than words and your boyfriends actions are speaking volumes.
    Go on and enjoy your life and one morning you will wake up and there will be a man who is really meant for you.

Good Luck

Closed Thread