It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Why is my period late, could I be pregnant?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
    HELPplsTHANKS
    (female)

HELPplsTHANKS HB User
    Unhappy Why is my period late, could I be pregnant?

My boyfriend and I have a very sexual relationship. We are always sure to be careful, and stay protected though. We had protected sex about a month ago, but I haven't had my period since last month, 11-10-09. I am three weeks late. I am not having any signs of PMS either. I've been very hungry and have been eating alot. I've gained about eight pounds in three weeks. I know the only way to really know if I'm pregnant is to get a test. But, I don't know if there is anyone that can tell me anything else; I've had my period for about four years now, and it's usually pretty regular. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, please tell me what you think!

Last edited by HELPplsTHANKS; 12-27-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Why is my period late, could I be pregnant?

What's stopping you from taking a home pregnancy test? At least then you'll know. People here can make guesses all day long but the only way you'll know for sure is to take a pregnancy test.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
    nobodyknows
    (female)

nobodyknows HB User

yeah i'm with kszan obviously it could be anything but just go buy a test!
    fyi the store brands are the same as the name brands if $$$ is an issue.
    if you live at home and privacy is an issue than you are just going to have to sneak, b/c if you are pregnant, you need to find out the sooner the better.
    and no there is no way except for a home preg test or trip to the dr. to find out...
    also if you are 3 weeks late one test should be conclusive, you should have your answer within minutes.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
    HELPplsTHANKS
    (female)

HELPplsTHANKS HB User

Do you know how long after conception does it take to detect a pregnancy?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
    nobodyknows
    (female)

nobodyknows HB User

if you are even one day late on your period the test will be accurate.
    how old are you?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
    HELPplsTHANKS
    (female)

HELPplsTHANKS HB User

Seventeen.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
    LiLappleblossom
    (female)

LiLappleblossom HB User

Sometime stress can make you late.. normally not 3 weeks.. but possible.. the more you stress about this the later it will be should you not be pregnant. So you really need to just take a test... if its money or privacy you are worried about hopefully this will help.. the Dollar General store has a pregnancy test for a dollar.. yes they work... and then just got to a gas station or fast food place.. open test box in car.. put the test in your pocket.. they are small enough to fit! Read the directions in car if this is your first test.. then go into bathroom to take test.. you will only be in there a matter of minutes.. use their trash can.. so no worries about anyone finding out you took the test!! Now.... if you find out you are pregnant.. DONT FREAK OUT!!!!! There are soooo many options out there... please let us know the outcome of your situation. If you are not pregnant and still have not started your period there could be something wrong... and you need to be able to figure that out... if you need to chat with someone feel free to email me!! Take care and keep us updated!!

My thoughts are with you!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    if you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
    HELPplsTHANKS
    (female)

HELPplsTHANKS HB User

Thanks...I have not taken a test yet, but I think I may have gotten my "period". I don't really know, it wasn't the same. I haven't really been feeling well, but next month if I'm late or missed I will take a test...I don't really know what to do or say.
    Thanks for your post though!

Closed Thread