It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Angry Husband, Pregnant Wife

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
    CLMouse
    (female)

CLMouse HB User
    Unhappy Angry Husband, Pregnant Wife

My husband has dealt with anger issues a majority of his life. It has caused many problems in school and work. He received help for his anger and was able to control it a bit better. This was all before we began dating.

When we began dating he kept his anger under control, but over the past couple of years its been getting unbearable. He is never physical with me but he is verbally hurtful. Once he gets angry its as if there are no barriers and no respect. He says things to deliberately hurt me, ignores me when I speak, calls me names and insults me. Half the time its as if everything I do annoys him.

I am currently 9 months pregnant and thought he might be better through out the pregnancy knowing i would be in a more sensitive state but it only seems worse since im more sensitive and hes still angry.

What do I do? I don't know how to handle the situation I feel like I've tried so many different approaches

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
    digmusic
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
    Re: Angry Husband, Pregnant Wife

Demand therapy and couples therapy or get out. He's abusive. I would say just leave him but that is hard to do and you're 9 months pregnant, so the best you can do is to demand that he get help. He has to want to as well though, and if he doesn't, it's hopeless. Does he apologize and feel bad for his behavior? How is he the rest of the time? If he doesn't change, which oftentimes they don't, do you really wanna raise a child in this environment? It's toxic and your child may grow up to have serious problems if the child sees you guys fighting all the time, or what if he directs it at the child itself? He has to change or you have to leave.

Closed Thread