It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• what do i do? my fiancee hates my family

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #16
    about2break up
    (female)

about2break up HB User
    Re: what do i do?my fiancee hates my family

He doesn't want me to stop seeing my family. He wants me to stop doing favors for them. I feel they have always been there for me and I don't feel right turning them away. He feels I put more energy into helping our family rather than helping our relationship. I'm taking steps to better our future and in my mind, one has nothing to do with the other, especially, since none of the favors I do actually affect him or us emotionally or physically (I pay her bills online or read documents). It might affect us financially.. maybe if my car breaks down (I lend my car to my mom when she needs it) or as he likes to see it.. the more they use it, the more wear and tear and the faster it ill break... so it will affect us financially at some point in time in our future. We are trying to get over this situation. I will be addressing the pot situation in a near future, after we've healed from this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #17
    about2break up
    (female)

about2break up HB User
    Re: what do i do?my fiancee hates my family

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
    Think again, please. Are you sure this man "loves" you? Love means compromising. "Scratch me, and I'll scratch you". There is hardly any exchange in this relationship.
    You are right. There is not much compromise. He thinks he compromises.
    We are going to try couple's counseling. Even though he only wants to go to prove he is right. I am hoping an unbiased 3rd party's opinion might help shed some light on either his way or my way of thinking. We are trying to work through this, but my feelings are hurt and so are his.

Closed Thread

Tags
    controlling boyfriends, relationship problems