It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Am I moving on too fast?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
    tinastar0181
    (female)

tinastar0181 HB User
    Am I moving on too fast?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years last week. I felt that we weren't on the same page about lifestyle and the next 5-10 year plan. I had been emotionally removed from the relationship for quite some time, so while the decision wasn't easy, I haven't been sitting at home crying or moping. In fact, I've been thinking about my next steps with my new found freedom. For the past several years, I felt restricted in the relationship about living in a city and following my ambitions career wise. I've been thinking on and off of a move to New York City for about 8 months now (although it's sort of always been exciting/goal of mine), and given my breakup and recent trip to the city I really want to go. I was thinking of contacting an old employer this week to see if they have openings. Do you think I'm jumping the gun with this given the break-up being so fresh? I really have a hard time envisioning myself anywhere else by the City and I feel like I should go along with the momentum, but a piece of me is wondering if I should pull the reigns a little bit. I'm curious what you think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Am I moving on too fast?

you are absolutely NOT moving too fast.....
    I think it's great that you've got a plan for yourself and you're ready to put it into motion!
    you did the breaking up, so you already had emotionally checked out of the relationship....it's not like it was a shock to you....it was your idea!
    don't pull back on the reigns....you did that for too long now, it's time to gallop full speed ahead!!!
    good luck to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
    tinastar0181 (07-20-2011)
    Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

tina, I say go for it!! there's no set time limit on getting on with your life after a break up. If you feel ready to move and take advantage of this new job opportunity, then do it. If you know you're not going to want him back and be sorry you moved so far away from him, then go for it. Full steam ahead!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
    cryingforever
    Inactive
    (female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

You are NOT moving on too fast. Now is your chance to do what you want. You have nothing to stay for (relationship wise). Go for it. Us humans only live once , need to take up on opportunitys and live life to the full to create great memorys and happiness.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
    SingleHunter
    (male)

SingleHunter HB UserSingleHunter HB UserSingleHunter HB UserSingleHunter HB UserSingleHunter HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinastar0181 View Post
    No worries...I actually hate the Red Sox.
    Excellent, you'll blend in quite well. If you do succeed with attaining a job in the Big Apple, ask your old employer and/or any friends/acquaintances for recommendations on where to find a place to live, since NYC can be be brutal in apartment pricing. In addition, Google Maps is your friend concerning NYC.

Also, keep to the sidewalks, because taxis and bicyclists (such as myself) have no problem with running people down. Good luck.

Closed Thread