It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Need advice on boyfriend problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
    Cubemeister
    (female)

Cubemeister HB User
    Unhappy Need advice on boyfriend problems

I've been dating this guy for quite a while now, and something that really bugs me is how negative he is about everything. He is constantly saying he hates everyone and everything and that he has so many problems in life, but can't be bothered to do anything about it.

Not only that, but if I bring up any problems in our relationship, then he immediately gets upset and angry. He then tells me to stop trying to give him advice or to change him because it's just making him depressed.

Now, I'm not actually trying to change him, I just want to help him when he says something is wrong, but I now can't do that.

Can anyone please help me? I'm at a loss of what I can do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Need advice on boyfriend problems

He is playing the old "it's too hard" game. He gets to have somebody running after him without him putting any effort into the relationship. Call his bluff and leave him alone to stew now and then. If he says you are making him depressed (not possible, BTW), just shrug and leave him to it. Even if he is actually depressed, he needs to tackle it himself. You are only responsible for your own feelings, you cannot be responsible for anyone else's. Good luck, Sera

Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
    Larrylou'smom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
    Re: Need advice on boyfriend problems

Cube, I think there's a more important question you really need to ask yourself: "Why do I have such little regard for my own life, my own wants and needs, and my own precious time on this planet, that I am willing to waste it on a man who is so clearly unhealthy, unwilling to do anything to get healthy, and not emotionally or mentally able to be in a healthy, thriving, mature, mutually respectful relationship?"

Closed Thread