It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• still feeling the same after breakup but anxiety is worse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
    kristyn22
    (female)

kristyn22 HB User
    still feeling the same after breakup but anxiety is worse

Since my last post, things have not gotten any better. It is still a struggle for me to go through my daily life. I do not know why this breakup has been so hard. I have not talked to my ex. I think that is good but it is still a struggle not to call or text him as I do miss him so much. Like I said in my last post, some days are good and others are bad. I have nothing to complain about. I have a place to live, a good career as a nurse, supportive, loving friends and family yet still feel so lonely and depressed. Everyone is there for me. My real issue right now is my anxiety. Since the breakup, my anxiety has peaked and I don't know what to do. I have panic attacks sitting alone, driving to work, at work, with family or friends. There is no trigger they just happen. And they keep coming. I wake up in the morning feeling sick and go to bed feeling sick. I just want to feel better and know that I am going to be ok. Why is this so hard for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
    Scribbler128
    (female)

Scribbler128 HB User
    Re: still feeling the same after breakup but anxiety is worse

Hi kristyn22

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. How long ago was the break up?

Have you thought about counselling to get to the root of your anxiety?

I have zero self esteem following the break down of my long distance relationship four months ago. I'm starting to think about counselling for myself although I have been reluctant.

All the best.

Last edited by Scribbler128; 01-20-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: still feeling the same after breakup but anxiety is worse

Honestly, I think that some sort of bodywork - yoga, tai chi, pilates, etc - would help you overcome your anxiety. Don't rely on drugs alone. Let reshaping your body and retrieving your original health be your main goals for the moment.

Closed Thread