It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• One moment i love her the next i want to break up

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
    tom000107
    (male)

tom000107 HB User
    Unhappy One moment i love her the next i want to break up

Hey,
    So ive been with this girl for 4 months now and everything was fine until i started to feel odd about a month back. I spoke to her about it all and we agreed we where seeing each other to much (every other day we were with each other) so we decided a couple of times a week is a good amount. the feeling slowly faded and i forgot about it all until one morning i just woke up feeling like i want to break up with her. I sat there crying for ages trying to figure out what was going on and every time i thought "im loosing her" id breakdown :/ When i was with her the other day it was the last thing on my mind but then i woke up again feeling the same and have done for a couple of days. i really don't want to lose her. We are both 17 and this is the longest relationship we have both been in and we lost our virginity to each other (in case that might help) At the moment we aren't talking because of her 3 day long art exam so we haven't been able to talk

Any advice would be great right now
    Thanks so much
    Tommy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: One moment i love her the next i want to break up

Basically, you are not ready for an exclusive relationship like this. Some people are, no matter their age, some are not. Your whole being is protesting at it, but because she has done nothing to put you off her, your emotions are all confused. Don't pretend there is nothing wrong, tell her you need to back off for a bit and sort your feelings out. She won't be happy, but it would crash and burn sooner or later anyway. Best to do it kindly now. Sera

Old 05-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
    tom000107
    (male)

tom000107 HB User

Thanks for the quick reply and i am feeling an awful lot better about it all today. The time apart is doing a lot of good I think and the fact we are constantly on each others backs means we get more independence. The thing is I can see what you guys are saying but she really is perfect for me I don't want to lose someone like this :/ do you think talking to her and maybe going on a bit of a break say for a couple of weeks will help my situation? I really don't want to break up with her outright. I do other things apart from seeing her, I have hobbies, i go to school but the one thing that is missing as much is I don't see my friends that often any more so im thinking that could have a huge factor in why im feeling this way?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
    Chrissy26
    (female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

I agree. It sounds like a part of you isn't ready for this commitment. You may love her but it doesn't mean you're ready. First you're happy being with her and then you want to break up. Maybe you panic about the relationship? You said she's your first, you're her first, and you guys been together for a long time. The longest relationship you ever been in. Maybe you feel like you have to hold on to her because you feel mature knowing you guys are still together. It makes you feel like an adult. But you're just 17. You have to really think about what you want.

Closed Thread

Tags
    feelings, love and attraction, love lost, young