It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Gun obsessed boyfriend?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
    Rosepedals
    (female)

Rosepedals HB User
    Gun obsessed boyfriend?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a month now. I don't know much about guns, and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this.

He has 8 guns, shoots as a hobby, knows EVERYTHING in the world about guns.

Where I have a concern/wonder is when he asks me if he can bring it out. He's pretty big on having it with him (he has his CWP). But like the other night when he had mentioned bringing his gun to the hot tub (it being nighttime) I just thought that to be a bit extreme. He says he just wants to make sure we're safe. Am I thinking too much...?

To me this is all foreign, as I've never had a gun, or have known anyone so into guns before. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this just a hobby that he's really into? Is it an obsession? Should I be concerned especially since his toys are weapons? I guess the biggest question I should ask is: should I talk to him about it?

Thanks for any insight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
    kenzibenzi
    Veteran
    (female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
    Re: Gun obsessed boyfriend?

I think I would be more concerned if he DIDN'T have his CWP. And I think (just my opinion) that he is probably just trying to be safe in a world that has gotten so violent. As long as he is being safe with them around you and not doing dumb things, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. Do you have any hobbies? I know most people who have their CWP take them very seriously and really do LOVE their guns. Maybe talking to him would set your mind at ease. It would be better than feeling uncomfortable. Ask him to educate you on them and then maybe you can enjoy his hobby together. Good luck and I hope things get better.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
    DixieGirl436
    (female)

DixieGirl436 HB User
    Re: Gun obsessed boyfriend?

Tell him you'd like to go to the shooting range with him. I felt like you at first but one day I went shooting with him and had a blast!

Closed Thread