It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriend has become verbally abusive with anger outbursts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
    WrightOn
    (female)

WrightOn HB User
    My boyfriend has become verbally abusive with anger outbursts

I have been with my boyfriend 3 yrs now...lately he has been under financial stress with starting his new business...i am helping him. But, lately he has been having anger outbursts...calling me names...accusations and then feel horrible about it later. He says he loves me and doesnt know why he's started these outbursts. He says he never did this with his ex of 17 yrs except for when she cheated on him twice. I have never cheated and has been supported of him. He doesnt understand why he started becoming this way. He was on antidepressant meds when we met but a year ago he got off cause he was having nightmares and bouts of anxiety. He became so much better after he went through the withdrawals from the meds. But, one year later he has become this person who yells and gets in my face. He said it's not me and doesnt understand why he's doing this to me. He normally is a caring devoted sweet boyfriend but here lately i dont like him. Please help!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-02-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Facilitator
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: My boyfriend has become verbally abusive with anger outbursts

Get him to first have a full medical workup. There are certain conditions that cause mood swings and irritability. Has he, for example, ever had a head injury? Rule out a medical reason then, if he is all clear, get him into therapy or anger management classes.
    I am sure it can be fixed, there is something causing this and it needs to be found and fixed. Sera

Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: My boyfriend has become verbally abusive with anger outbursts

Hi, it's called abuse, plain and simple and you are making excuses for him ie depression, financial problems, cheating spouse.. Tell him if he does it again you will not think twice about leaving him. We all have a dark side, but most of us have the self control to not show it especially to the ones we say we love. Just because he is aware of it and apologizes to you after it does not matter because the damage is done. If you allow it to continue then it is on you.......

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
    rosequartz (08-06-2013)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    anger outbursts, boyfriend troubles, relationship issues