It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• My boyfriends mother and sister make me sick!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
    starfield14
    (female)

starfield14 HB User
    Angry My boyfriends mother and sister make me sick!

I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 years and I've learned recently that I extremely dislike this woman. She is on disability and always has to take medication to kill her pain. When she is in most pain she becomes most intolerable. I used to like her but I realized how much of a difference there was in the way she treated my boyfriend vs her youngest daughter.

My boyfriend is an average young adult. However, he doesn't drink, he doesn't party, and he's not into any drugs what-so-ever. He goes to college, tries to pay his bills. And spends most of his time playing video games. He's not out causing trouble and keeps his grades above a B-

His sister on the other hand does whatever she pleases. This little brat does whatever she wants because she feels entitled to everything her parents own. She makes D's and F's has been held back a grade and has stolen from their home to maybe feed her pot smoking problem. She has no respect for anyone, not even herself! Yet she has the only other room in the house. And my boyfriend has to sleep in his parents room. Sometimes with his mother. Whenever she broke my boyfriends xbox by throwing it on the floor (I saw her do it) they did not ground her but instead bought her a new xbox for christmas. His mother recently took her to get a job application to work at hooters. Those girls barely wear any clothes!?? I don't understand why their mom lets this girl do what she wants. And whenever her parents ask her to do her chores she just yells at them so they will be quiet.

The part I want to get at is the fact that whenever my boyfriend doesnt have enough money to pay "rent" his mother threatens to kick him out. But she doesnt say that to the little brat he has of a sister. My boyfriend is slightly underweight because there is never food at home. However, I always see that his mom buys herself trinkets that she doesn't need. He has an older sister that moved out of the house at the age of 17 because she can't stand her mom. Whenever he tries to kiss or hug her she just pushes him away. I don't understand why he can take so much of her bull**** She is honestly one of the worst mothers I have ever come across. There is more I can say about his mother and sister but I just can't think straight sometimes when I think about all the bad things she says/does. I honestly don't know what I will do if we get married and he wants to have her in our lives.

My question is, how can I learn to cope with his mother's personality? I also don't know how to react to his low-life sisters no-care attitude. I have spoken to my boyfriend a little bit about his mother and sister but I just end up disrespecting them and he gets really upset when I say she is a bad mother. I really don't want her in my life if she continues to be that way towards him. The issue is that my boyfriend is a Mamma's boy so I feel hopeless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: My boyfriends mother and sister make me sick!

Welcome to your future. Unless your boyfriend himself opts out of this family, then you will have them in your life forever. He is the central figure in this situation. You don't say how old he is. If he is at school and financially dependent then, hopefully he will break away when he is earning. If he could possibly move out now and hasn't, then you have problems ahead. Take care, Sera

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
    pendulum (08-26-2013),sunnyrise (08-30-2013)
    Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
    Re: My boyfriends mother and sister make me sick!

Ok, whether you stay with him or not, I think you would be better to stop saying bad things about his mother and sister. I am not telling you to find the good part of them, if they ever have it, but just don't say anything bad about them to your boyfriend. It is like speaking ill of one's own country, you know. I can talk about the defects of my own country, but I don't like to hear other people talking about them.

The Following User Says Thank You to pendulum For This Useful Post:
    sunnyrise (08-30-2013)
    Closed Thread