It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• anxiety over my ex boyfriend

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
    anxious1985
    (female)

anxious1985 HB User
    anxiety over my ex boyfriend

i am at my witts end , feel like i dont know which way to turn so am looking for some advise ....
    i am 27 yrs old , my friend and i were livivng together and i was 15 weeks pregnant , my anxiety during pregnancy had worsened and i was suspious of my boyfriend thinking he was going out to meet other women .. one night we had a huge argument over this , he was agressive with me and told me he didnt want me nor the baby . He wanted me to have an abortion .... the next day he moved back home to his parents house took all his belonging and said he was finished with all this. I had a drs appointment that day and made an appointment at the clinic to abort the baby.
    the day of the abortion he text several times asking me not to go through with it which i ignored and proceeded anyway .
    he has since told me he has moved on with his life and is seeing an 18 yr old girl ... i am heart broken but have deleted his number and trying o move on , the last couple of days he has begged to see me to talk which i agreed to and then he lets me down or i find out he has been with his new irlfriend istead. this only hihtening my anxiety to the limits , i have lost almost 2 stones since 21st november as i have no appitite and my tummy is in notts , i feel like i dont know which was to turn , one minute he acts like he cares and then the next minute he is calling me names and telling me to leave him alone . what am i supposed to do now ?
    i am on citalopram for anxiety anyway which doesnt seem to be helping much ??
    please help

The following user gives a hug of support to anxious1985:
    movielover40 (12-10-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
    Re: anxiety over my ex boyfriend

Sounds like he's bi-polar to me...

I think your better off with someone more stable....

Prayers go out to you in this turbulent time in your life.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
    I think you should cut your losses and move on.
    This guy has offered you no support whatsoever at a time when you most needed it.
    The next time he comes begging show him the door and mean it.
    There are others out there who will be more understanding than him and I hope you find that person soon,
    I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

He is causing you anxiety because you're letting him by allowing him back into your life. If you'd stop all communication with him and not give him the opportunity to get in your head then I'm sure your anxiety over him would go away completely.

Don't answer the phone or your email or your door when he comes around again. He has proven to be 100% unreliable in every way possible so quit wasting your time on him.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, did you in any way provoke his aggressive behavior with your constant suspicions that he was with other women? Perhaps without realizing it you actually pushed him away.....I am not taking sides here, just trying to get a focused picture of what happened. If in any way you both contributed to this situation then maybe you should try to work it out with each other. I get the feeling he does care about you but does not know exactly how to handle it.......

Old 12-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

When you get in a situation that is not good, get off the rollercoaster. You are who you are and he is too. Sure it may go OK for a couple of weeks but the rollercoaster will start back again. Be brave and stop the rollercoaster. Not good for you or him!!! Just my advise but probably good advise. Good luck.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
    pendulum
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

I feel for you. First thing, you need to heal from this abortion, whether you recognize this or not. This is a time when you need support and peace of mind, not this "rollercoaster" as one poster cleverly stated. Stay away from him as best as you can. I am not saying he is a bad guy (and I in part agree with Lenvegas), but at this point it is advisable to have no contact with him, until you are whole again, until you both can figure out what happened. Don't answer him or tell him in clear words that you need your own space now, lest you will have a breakdown.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety attacks, anxiety cure, relationship issues