It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• Thinking about my girlfriend WAY too much, starting to worry

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
    woodn
    (male)

woodn HB User
    Unhappy Thinking about my girlfriend WAY too much, starting to worry

Hey guys,

Ive been with my girlfriend for almost a year now, and we're doing really good. We're both happy as far as I know, we see eachother once a week and talk online every day. Lately though Ive been having problems.

As of late, I'm thinking about her ALL the time. When Im trying to get work done or doing stuff with other people, shes on my mind. She's only off my mind when I'm watching my favorite show, which I cant always do.

Not only is she on my mind, but im worrying about a lot of things aswell. I worry Im not good enough for her, I worry she'll find someone better, I worry she isnt happy, and a bunch of other stuff too. Because of this I'm scared I'm being obsessive and not being thebbest boyfriend I could be.

Does anyone know whats going on and what I can do to stop the worrying atleast, and maybe the thinking about her all the time too?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: Thinking about my girlfriend WAY too much, starting to worry

Hi, wow, you have a real party going on in your head. Get a grip man, the only threat to your relationship is you and your insecurities. Whatever you do do not tell her about your fear of abandonment as it could be a real turn off to her. Project only strength and confidence to her and do not act like a love sick puppy. I am sure she loves you so have trust in her and your relationship. If she looks up to you and your emotional strength she will never leave you. Learn to control your mind and not to let it make a chump out of you...

Old 04-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's also very important to maintain your independence and sense of self while in a relationship, otherwise you're going to forget who you are as an individual. You have to balance your relationship with other people in your life like your friends and family. Don't be one of those people who ditches everyone just because you're in a relationship. Friends need to know they still have time with you and that your life doesn't solely revolve around your girlfriend.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
    It's also very important to maintain your independence and sense of self while in a relationship, otherwise you're going to forget who you are as an individual. You have to balance your relationship with other people in your life like your friends and family. Don't be one of those people who ditches everyone just because you're in a relationship. Friends need to know they still have time with you and that your life doesn't solely revolve around your girlfriend.
    I agree, good point Kszan......

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, boyfriend, girlfriend, relationship, worrying